American Sports thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Mengão86, May 22, 2015.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He might have played the best game i've seen since the farve era against Detroit but I agree with you.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm surprised his brother hasn't hired him yet. The pass game struggled a little bit last night because your d-line was pretty nasty. It was a much better d line than what I saw last week against the Lions.

I'd hire jay but I'm not all that desperate after the detroit performance.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Zimmer needs to fix your pass D. This is the most vulnerable I've seen your pass D in quite a while. If Case played the whole game, this game would have possibly gone to down to the wire IMO. Only thing that helped was when you guys got a rush on Case.

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Detroit was also decimated by injuries along the DL and played an awful defensive performance.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #7580 Emperor Adriano, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    I watched it but you got to give him credit. I can't stand the guy but stefanski put kirk in great situations especially on playaction. The deep ball to end the game was progress in my book. What edge rusher was detroit missing? That's the problem with detroit, plus you guys play man to man every play. It was without thielan too. And a lot of those throws were in really tight windows. I was shocked.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep, I'm more worried about it than cousins at this point. Xavier rhodes probably shouldn't be starting when you have mike hughes. last night wasn't the first night he has looked terrible.
    The only one who consistently plays agressive, good coverage is kendricks lol. Pretty scary when it's a lb. It's been like this all year.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And slay was hurt and a below average safety. Snacks harrison played a lot and the vikings still pounded it. You can't win in this lg without a pass rush or a head coach.

8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Detroit only played Trey Flowers a third of the snaps, which only makes a lick of sense if he's playing through injury considering he was upwards of something like 90% of snaps the week before IIRC, and we were also missing Da'Shawn Hand and Mike Daniels. Say what you will about those guys, but those were basically all our best pass rushers. Snacks was clearly playing through something he picked up too. We played two UDFA practice squad types alongside him a ton in John Atkins and Kevin Strong. Kirk was really impressive in that game though, no doubt about it.

9. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In our 16 team league I won by literally .01 points lol. Hopefully a stat correction doesn't come to take away my victory.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Not to say they already weren't the worst in the league, but I think this whole scenario has put without a shadow of a doubt that they are the worst front office in all of football. Other organization may do some dumb things, but we consistently do them.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow, Trent... Snyder should get his clock cleaned on this if true.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @Emperor Adriano what have the over/unders looked like for Redskins games since Callahan has taken over? I like that he has emphasized the run game, but he went over the top with it where as Jay went away from it too easily. This is really notable in the redzone. Callahan and O'Connell are calling an overly conservative game there, which has resulted in fields goals and no touchdowns again.

Yeah, we should still be a bit conservative with a rookie QB in the game and virtually no receiving weapons. The line hasn't pass blocked that well either. Haskins did better than his two relief appearances, but there still wasn't a big enough sample size for me to judge him vs the Bills either way. He didn't get to throw the ball nearly enough and the playcalling lacked any creativity in the pass game when they did call pass plays. About half of his drops backs, he was either pressured immediately or he had to scramble and buy time because none of the receivers could win on the outside (and we have no threats at TE).

If this front office could be counted on anything, they would have traded Trent and Kerrigan at the deadline. Norman and Paul Richardson need to go ASAP. Am I the only one that isn't sold on the QBs in this upcoming draft class? Burrow is tempting, but only has one full year under his belt and wasn't that impressed with him vs Florida. Outside of one wide open deep throw, he threw mostly a bunch of short stuff. Tua hasn't really helped himself in my eyes this season. I have questions of him being worthy of a top 3 pick, but maybe someone here can help convince me otherwise. Justin Herbert has been totally underwhelming this season. If we end up with the top pick, I would probably look to trade back a little. If we end up with a top 5 pick, which is very likely, I am fine with taking Chase Young or Andrew Thomas.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  15. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    FWIW:
    1. I haven't seen anything that convinces me Haskins won't develop into a quality #1. It simply takes more time than this-- the occasional Marino is the exception that proves the rule, not the rule.

2. Jalen Hurts' passing this year should raise not just his stock, but maybe Tua's as well-- it is clear that the QB coaching at Alabama isn't very good as far as form goes. Hurts is making throws at Oklahoma that he showed no sign were within the range of his talents when he was at Alabama. He's putting balls in a shoebox that he used to not always get into a bushel basket.

Now, accuracy hasn't ever been Tua's shortcoming-- but who knows what more might be there that we haven't seen yet? (Fragility may be his failing, though...)

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #1 - Agree, but I would like a better sense of whether he will develop into a quality QB or not before this draft. I know we don't have enough around him this season, but I would like better playcalling so we can have a better sample size -- a little less runs, especially in the redzone and better pass play design to compensate for lack of receiving threats and Haskins current ability.

#2 - Hurts is a big question mark for me. It is difficult to get a grasp of how good he is playing in that conference and in Lincoln RIley's system, where previous QBs have flourished. I do like his athleticism and arm talent, but I wonder if he can fit balls into tighter windows and better defensive schemes in the NFL. He would need a creative playcaller at the next level to have a chance.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    That's Joe Brady's offense... It's textbook Saints playcalling..

The only team that has any business drafting Burrow on day 1 is the Saints due to the system he's under and how fast he's grasped it. (Thanks Joe).

The rest I agree with you. Tua and Jalen definitely leave a lot to be desired. I like the Washington State QB a lot.. Ultimately none of them are top 5-10 good.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The thing is I've seen him take more shots down the field against other opponents. Yeah, Florida was the toughest team you played at the time, but it was enough of a change where I pumped the brakes. I didn't see Auburn game a week ago.

Anthony Gordon? Yeah, another one starter guy. Haven't seen much of him to be honest. Jacob Eason looks OK as a mid-to-late rounder flyer, but he is too much of statue for my liking which I am not fond of in today's NFL. I can easily see him as just one of those big armed, inaccurate flops in the NFL.

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea but you're not looking at the context of the game.. Against Florida and Auburn they didn't show their hand on offense at all. A lot of dinks and dunks.. Just like the Saints offense. A lot of bunch formations and tight end sets.. Moss and McMath had big games against Florida. His O-Line also isn't very good.. They have some Decent pieces, but like I said much like the Saints offense, Joes plan is predicated on getting the ball off as quick as possible like Drew

Auburn game is to date probably Burrows worst game on film.. But then again I think Steele called a great game on defense and their front 7 is stacked.. Until Joe brought out the run game. On top of a field that was sloppy due to the rain all week in Baton Rouge. Mud holes every Where by half time.

This seasons Alabama game will be a true testament to Burrow. Brady is going to surprise a lot of people this weekend.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Anywho if I'm Washington and Chase Young is avavailable at their pick.. I am not thinking twice about it.. Chase Young is who you pick. Dude has Khalil Mack x2 type projection.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, I am taking Young. He's the best DE I've seen at the college level in a while. What do you think of Andrew Thomas since I know you watch a ton of SEC? If Young is not available, we need a stud OT to protect Haskins or whoever is the QB for that matter.

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I saw Andrew Thomas this weekend in UGA's game against Florida. That guy is as solid as they come. If I'm being honest.. Georgia's O-Line is very good.. Up there with Penn St and Ohio St. Fromm had a very clean pocket for majority of that contest. Didn't do as well in run blocking but Florida's D is good.. Zuniga playing with a bum ankle gave him some fits with his speed to the inside shoulder but for the most part stone walled his guy on the right. Couple pancakes to boot too, but that was just one game. I haven't watched any of their other games Tbh.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Still catching up on some games last week. I see CMC had another untouched long run @Emperor Adriano

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    upload_2019-11-7_8-46-52.png

Outlook for 2020. We still need a #1 WR. LT and TE, which weren't holes previously, are now glaring holes. Unfortunately, I don't see many promising TEs coming out this draft class -- maybe the Mizzou TE and Stanford's TE in the 3-5 rounds. Next year's class should be interesting with Pitts and Jordan.

I really hope we just go to the 4-3 full time. Our personnel fits it better to be honest. Ryan Anderson has been solid in a specific role right now, but he could be used for more snaps as a OLB where he isn't asked to rush the passer often. Sweat hasn't made an impact this season, but he also isn't a lost cause. He needs to take his game to the next level next year. Kerrigan has done zilch this season. He's not even getting his filler sacks to make his numbers look good. I am ready to move on from him, but it's not exactly easy to find another pass rush to fill in. Josh Norman has been horrendous this year. We should have cut him like I wanted to in the offseason. We need to find a #1 CB and a nickel guy. Moreau hasn't been bad, but I wouldn't say he has been solid either. Safety is still an issue and Apke and Nicholson aren't answers.

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think that Joe Burrow guy is pretty legit.