American Sports thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Mengão86, May 22, 2015.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I see Redskins fans already crowning Wentz as elite just to say that Kirk didn't have a chance to match him. Look, Wentz has potential to be elite and is having a MVP caliber season. But for me personally, it takes more than one season of that level of play for me to call someone elite. Kirk fans were making excuses for him in prior years saying that this was his 3rd season starting and he will get better. If Kirk has improved, it's been marginal. Wentz is in his second year and his improvement from last season has been exponential. A real franchise QB vs a QB that's good enough to start in this league, but not good enough to really get you anywhere.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pretty much admits he's conservative.

[​IMG]

Also explains why he hasn't taken hardly any shots downfield. Unless they have a ton of separation, like sometimes would happen with DJax, he won't let it rip. He won't throw it up and give his WR a chance, even with a step of separation.

Harambe Alvinegro repped this.
  3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    The highlands between DRC and Rwanda
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    lol. good find

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I’m ready whenever you are for that video lol.

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A key point of separation between "man" QBs and "boy" QBs is their performance in tight window throws where they have to make their receiver open through ball placement and precise velocity. Cousins will forever be the latter, because he never even attempts these kinds of throws. He can fake it in Washington sometimes, where he has great talent around him, and a solid offensive mind calling plays, but I don't think he'll ever advance beyond being the 13th to 16th best starting QB as a result.

8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can't wait for it. Gonna grab my popcorn when that one shows up in my subscription box.

9. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #6359 Harambe Alvinegro, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Just in the middle of a move then I'll be ready. Should be settled sometime next week. It's going to happen for sure tho . Going to be like 45 minutes, needs to Be broken down fully.

10. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What do you guys think about the browns and hu Jackson keeping his job ? I have been trying to make the case for him to keep it but it's difficult, I feel like a politician selling a trash healthcare program lol.

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have no idea what to do about the Browns. Every move they make, without fail, is always the wrong one. Like destiny puts its thumb on the scale to screw them over. Jackson needs another season, if for no other reason than the Browns need continuity.

12. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Well, they are losing better...

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He’s in over his head. I like him as an OC — good offensive mind and can coach offense. But man, both of his coaching stints were with franchises that were train wrecks.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He’s in over his head. I like him as an OC — good offensive mind and can coach offense. But man, both of his coaching stints were with franchises that were train wrecks.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

16. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    They should have thrown number 47 out of the game.

He should be suspended for 3 games. That's some bullshit.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I had the Texans winning in Seattle, but now, I think they lay a turd...

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mason Foster is going off on Bruce Allen.

924148716679901184 is not a valid tweet id

924157184677736448 is not a valid tweet id

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Even though it doesn't show statistically, Cousins had a solid game yesterday and one of his better ones this season. However, you see what happens when you pay someone elite money when they aren't elite. The team doesn't have the depth to overcome injuries. He fumbled yet again and leads the league in fumbles by a QB. And his fumbles weren't from blindsided hits either. He is not protecting the football like he should and that comes with his reluctance to step up in the pocket and his ability to feel pressure. The makeshift line yesterday was actually OK. I thought it was going to be a lot worse. Yeah, we don't have a real good runner, but Jay never commits to the run anyways. Before the draft, I said I was hoping the Skins would take a runner in the second and third round. Instead, we blew a pick on Ryan Anderson when we could have moved up a few spots to take a Joe Mixon or draft Alvin Kamara, who I was high on. Rob Kelley was never going to be the guy, so we might as well give Perine his carries to see what we have in him.

Kirk also made some mistakes on third down like he normally does. He had Pryor wide open on a comeback route at the marker and he managed to overthrow him (and Pryor is a tall WR). He also held onto the ball way too long and did not throw it away on the third down before the blocked kick that was almost taken to the house.

I guess I'll save the rest of my rant for @Harambe Alvinegro 's podcast, but people should begin thinking outside of the box rather than overpay for a QB like Cousins who does not elevate players around him, need playmakers to have success, and never comes up big in huge spots.

My patience is wearing thin with Jay Gruden. I didn't think Sean McVay would have success early as a HC, but I always knew he could call a game. When McVay left Washington, he mentioned that he always wanted to run the ball more, but was basically vetoed. Sure, he has Gurley in LA, but we saw what Gurley did last year and we saw the oline they have. McVay is much more creative of a playcaller than Jay. He dials up route concepts that gets his WR open and he has made Goff look like a competent QB. I know the chances of this happening are next to nothing, but if Harbaugh is getting tired of Michigan, I would welcome him here at Washington. He plays the brand of football that I like and I believe is successful and sustainable. We aren't going to go anywhere with Jay.

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you're not high on Goff himself as a QB?

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, I think he has a limited ceiling. I didn't think he was as bad as last year indicated, but I think his improvement this year has a lot to do with McVay's playcalling.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Finally seeing some more people come around.....

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Craziest trade deadline in years. Looks like Kyle got antsy and felt like he had to trade for a QB. Or did he sour on Kirk?

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  25. Mengão86