Allsvenskan Begins! [R]

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Captain Splarg, Apr 5, 2003.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moving there?

When??

How?

You got any room for guests?

:D

2. nebo

nebo New Member

Jan 9, 2001
    Paris, France
    Arsenaltexan
    You can find jerseys on any day of the week. If you are looking for AIK shirts, you can find them in the AIK shop (Solna Centrum, a couple of subway stops from the central station). There is also a joint shop in the center of Stockholm called "Derby", where all the sthlm teams sell jerseys and other souvenirs. I believe you can also find other team jerseys there.

Looking for AIK jerseys, you can also buy them online in the AIK eshop (http://www.skantzdistribution.nu/ebutiken/). It does require some swedish skills though. Click on "Kläder" (Clothes) and then chose "Matchkläder" (Jerseys). Prices are of course in Swedish Krona (aprx. 9 SEK to a USD).

Looking for info on ÖSK, the only site I know of is their official www.orebro-sk.se (only available in Swedish though). If you become an AIK supporter, you'll find that the official homepage www.aik.se is available (or partially available) in 11 languages! ;-)

3. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    70% sure I will be. When a year from now. How with a church the group I was with helped at. Room for guest? I need to check on housing first, but sure.

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EXCELLENT!!

[cue Mr. Burn's laugh]

5. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    good news, got some pictures of the game developed.

bad news is wal-marts cd burner didn't work today so it will take some time to get them posted on the net.

6. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can't wait to see those pics!!!

7. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Orebro!

orebro beat Enköping 4-2 on the 22nd. They play AIK on July 1st in Stockholm. If Orebro wins, they can jump to 3rd in the standings.

Oh quick Allsvenshan question. Who gets a Champions League and UEFA Cup place if any places are given out?

8. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    The winners of Allsvenskan gets a chance to qualify to Champions League, but it is a tough task since they have to go through two qualifing rounds. This year Djurgården faces Partizan Belgrade in the first of the two rounds, the same Partizan that dismissed Hammarby 5-1 on aggregate last year.
    The second placed team gets a place in the UEFA Cup. There is also a UEFA Cup place for the winners of the Swedish Cup.
    The Third placed team in allsvenskan also gets at taste of Euro foootball, they get a to play in UEFA Intertoto Cup, which can lead to a place in the UEFA Cup.

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wait no longer. If you get a bad link, just copy and paste on a new broswer.

Game Action

http://cfnioutreach.tripod.com/orebrosk1.jpg
    http://cfnioutreach.tripod.com/orebrosk2.jpg
    http://cfnioutreach.tripod.com/orebrosk3.jpg
    http://cfnioutreach.tripod.com/orebrosk8.jpg

Post Game

In case you didn't get to see the screen/tron yet
    http://cfnioutreach.tripod.com/orebrosk5.jpg

The group
    http://cfnioutreach.tripod.com/orebrosk7.jpg

Pitch Invaders(j/k)-just stepping onto the field. The guy in the blue shirt to the right is the guy I will be working with when I move over to Sweden.
    http://cfnioutreach.tripod.com/orebrosk6.jpg

Audrey(the only other person who cared about the game) who kept me sane on the trip and myself
    http://cfnioutreach.tripod.com/orebrosk4.jpg

Note: The game was against a club that is currently 2nd to last place so that is why a number of seats are empty.

10. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wonderful stuff - I'm still jealous!

I have to know-which MLB hat were you wearing?

Thanks for the pics

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i get nothing but blank pages :(

12. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I got that too -- but I took his second suggestion and pasted the link into an open browser window, then it worked.

Good luck (lycka till)!

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, still does the same thing.

I think its a problem that I'm using safari.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay now I finally figured it out.

Thanks for the tip again.

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Audrey is cute, you scare me - look like Fred Durst.

16. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    *bows*

Thank you, thank you.

The hat was Detroit, but because it has a D, I wear it in support of Dallas since I have lived most of my life in it.

Yes I figured I would get comments on Audrey. She kept me sane.

On a funnier note with Audrey, since we hung out out alot, we wondered how many people thought we were a couple(we aren't. :( ). So when we were at a duty free shop, I saw a ring and got down on one knee and proposed to her. She had a good laugh at. Now to get her to come to Dallas Burn games.

Cheers again on the photos. Now I just need to start raising monthly support for my move. Money for photos? :)

17. kwik1980

kwik1980 New Member

May 27, 2003
    Norwich, NY
    Öster, sitting next-to-last in the table thus far have fired coach Yevgeni Kouznetsov, according to both aftonbladet.se and the clubs official website. Öster have lost 8 matches out of 13 thus far, and are only 1 point ahead of last-placed Enköping and 5 points out of the safety zone in the Allsvenskan. Leif Widén will take over the team for at least the next two matches, both at home, against Halmstads and Enköping.

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well you should make your move on Audrey, might be good to dump the Fred Durst look though.

Good luck on the move.

19. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Detroit? Good stuff -- sadly, since I grew up in Michigan, I am a Tigers fan, as well.

Have you visited Sweden in the winter??? Just wondering, since you're thinking of moving there :)

Again, great pictures.

20. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    Halfway

Wednesdays result Djurgården - Örgryte 0-3 completes the 13th round of Allsvenskan.
    Allsvenskan is played over 26 rounds, so the first half of the season is over now. Örgryte's victory prevented Djurgården going 3 points clear at the top, Djurgården still is in the lead but only goal diffrence keeps them ahead of Stockholm rivals Hammarby.

1.Djurgården......13..8..1..4...29-13...25
    2.Hammarby.......13..7..4..2...19-14...25
    3.Malmö FF........13..7..3..3...24-13...24
    4.AIK..................13..7..3..3...22-13...24
    5.Örebro SK.......13..6..3..4...19-18...21
    6.Halmstad........13..6..2..5...22-18...20
    7.Örgryte IS.......13..6..2..5...20-20...20
    8.Helsingborg.....13..5..3..5...14-21...18
    9.IFK Göteborg...13..4..4..5...19-15...16
    10.Elfsborg.........13..4..4..5...16-21...16
    11.Landskrona.....13..3..5..5...15-19...14
    -------------------------------------------------
    12.GIF Sundsvall....13..2..5..6...13-19...11
    -------------------------------------------------
    13.Öster................13..2..3..8...11-24...9
    14.Enköpings SK...13..2..2..9...14-29...8

The table is very tight at the top and all the teams in places 1-7 are still in the championship race. But most likely the winner will be one of the top four; Djurgården, Hammarby, Malmö FF and AIK, maybe Örgryte who are really good at the moment can threaten.
    At the other end of the table newcombers Öster and Enköping occupy the relegetion spots and IMO they will keep those places to the bitter end. GIF Sundsvall probarly is the only team the bottom two has any real hope of getting past but I find that unlikely.

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is Paul Oyuga doing for Oresbro?

22. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Oyuga is doing good. Always on the starting XI, scored 4 times so far, which makes him his teams best scorer (Örebro is more famous for trench-like defense than brilliant attack...). He's been away a couple of times to play for the Kenyan national team, so I gather he's got a steady spot there too.

By the way, Örebro is the team of choice for north americans. Presently they've got four players on the rooster from north american teams; apart from Oyuga there is Chris Pozniak and Niki Budalic from Toronto and Bonaventure Maruti from Michigan.

23. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the update. I didn't know about the North American connection, but something I'll keep in mind.

24. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Heh, I talked to her the other day and showed her this board. She had a laugh at that comment. :)

25. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was her way of saying "He's right, but I'm not going to say he's right Fred Durst look a like"