Allienz Frauen-Bundesliga 2017-18(Winters coming)

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I know athleticism can take you far in the woso soccer game (USA), but hey, it just doesn't work for Blässe... i just think she has okay speed as a player - good at tracking back but running up that right side, she never runs from anyone because she can't handle the ball properly, therefore completely useless

Nah, don't think much as Schmidt as LB, Faisst has her pros and cons but I view Simon to be the superior player of them. Maier is a beast down that right side when in form... but she's performing better for the NT than Bayern last year..

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, Blässe's assist rate is basically nonexistent, making you wonder why she's even used ahead of Maier within a wnt focused around allowing it's FB's to get forward and join the attack.

I'd argue that Maier can struggle during 1v1 duels versus opponents with raw speed though. But with the obvious dedicated FB options available to German wnt coaches, I don't understand why the team would need converted wingers being part of their defenses anymore.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm... It may not have been clear, but I said Schmidt is a RB... "RB = Maier - Schmidt, LB = Simon - Faißt." .

Plus it's going to be interesting to see what happens after the next U-20 cycle, where Germany will (without injury) once again go into a finals having access to impressive defensive Bundesliga regulars like Siems - Pawollek - Fellhauer.

And I say this because in my mind, I see somebody like Siems being a REAL problem for Maier in the senior teams plans over next few years.

See... Simon's become the best German FB in the Bundesliga, but looking a the new young players coming into the league, I see Siems with very high potential to challenge for that honor quite soon.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't go with Maier anymore; her defense been atrocious last few NT's; she gave up a pk vs ELS/France(though they failed to convert). Then got took to the cleaners by Iceland's Jenson(for one of their goals)

if Jones sticks with the 4-2-3-1, then I would think of putting Laudehr as RB even more so now since otherwise she be battling with Huth for starting spot at wide-mid-righ(& I think Huth got it over her considering she read the game so well vs France). Laudehr has speed & at least displays some defensive skills(hmm.......why not replace her with Peter? lol)

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    yeah I agree that her defending was poor against Iceland's Jenson, but giving away a PK doesn't matter when you were that much up like Germany were, also maybe Maier doesn't want Steffi? lol. However, she's the best RB in Germany, who else to go far? Blässe..... Schmidt........ no thanks

Laudehr's a good allrounder, but I guess Steffi's very confused (as usual) where to put Laudehr in her team (like the rest of her players). Is she going as far as benching Laudehr? Really, I watched Laudehr's performances as a CB against Chelsea in the CL and she looked great for not being a CB actually, way better than Babett Schlecht. You know, it annoys me more that Peter's confused ass is in the team than Jones being in charge of it. I mean, we are talking about a player who doesn't possess anything but chaos and poorness. She can't pass the ball properly (always out wide to the confused CB's like Blässe and Kerschowksi), she can't defend 1 v 1, she can't read the game at all, she can't organize the defense, slow as hell, poor technique, decent in the air though but all in all probably one of the worst, if not the worst CB with Henning to play for Germany whether it's in club or NT. And the worst part is that Steffi doesn't ever sub her out lol, has she a crush on Peter?? just kidding

This NT isn't football Germany worthy really, watching the men play you would've thought to that the women were better than they are now but

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ohhh, that's rational.... forget the years of consistently strong performances within an offensively declining and tactically rigid Neid side, and lets focus on the first two consecutive matches Maier plays under an even more naive Steffi Jones. Great logic...:rolleyes:

I don't even want to talk about the mess that's currently the DFB's wnt program in here, but just using the better argument of her general underwhelming league form could of established a far better reasoning for Maier no longer being a credible choice for the national team, no?

Of all Bayern's domestic internationals, only Demann, Laudehr, and Faißt, showcase the kind form of players you'd want to see starting for the senior team.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Germany's senior team had an actual system that worked, even Blässe and Kerchowski would appear competent; but we all know there's a far bigger issue beyond the simple notion of players being strong individually.

See, I will argue that the general collective organisation of a team will make a huge difference to the overall effectiveness of an individuals abilities, but how's any FB going to convert the qualities demonstrated within the league for a wnt distinctly flawed in the area of possessing any credible identity..?

At club level Blässe, Maier, Schmidt, all posses positively different attributes as attacking FB's, but within this current era of German wnt coaches, is being able to attack really important within teams that still can't defend basic counter attacks...?

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes.... One look at the increasingly empty stadiums, a critical assessment of level of football being played, and any credible mind within the world of football/connected to the DFB will know exactly why potential audiences aren't wasting their time to turn up to watch these games anymore.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    couple of news items;
    in continuance of the foreign invasion; Erin Mcleod, former Canadian NT goalkeeper & wife(or is it hubby?) to WOB newbie, Ella Masser, has just signed with USV Jena for the rest of the season

Frankfurt's Laura Storzel has a broken fibula & will be sitting out the next couple of months

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please use the NT thread for NT talk. Thanx

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, I'm actually thinking she's a pretty good signing for a club like Jena... no?

I don't know who's Jena's GK is right now, but I do know Jena are currently set on a direct course to be relegated. So they might need better leadership, and I doubt they could attract another defensive option with Mcleod's high level experience.
    Unfortunate news for Storzel... she was having a very good season. However, I do wonder if this means their other U-20 CB Kleinherne finally gets some game time prior to the WC...?

Yes, I know they still have Hendrich, but the way Frankfurt lack offensive options, I don't see them using Hendrich as a CB now when Gideon - Pawollek - Kleinherne are all there.

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wolfsburg renews with everyone...

Gunnarsdottir, Harder, Wüllert, Hansen..

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it's still two weeks away till the league get's officially back on the way, but there were a couple of makeup games; the biggest one was Freiburg vs Essen. The score indicates a handy win for Freiburg & gives them 2nd place in the league at the half way mark.
    https://us.women.soccerway.com/matc...liga/sg-essen-schonebeck/sc-freiburg/2507649/

the 18 year old Gwinn becomes the 2nd leading scorer in the league but got to wonder happened with the other youth sensation, Klara Buhl?(she wasn't rostered), or why Kayicki(a Jones favorite) is not a a good enough starter & what's with the ailing Simic?(who only got 3 minutes of playing time)

Essen's season been a bit disappointing(only in 8th place) considering they got 4 players that get considerable playing time on the NT

anybody else feel that the Bundesliga takes way too long of a winter break?

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #239 Batfink, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Hmm, I doubt anybody thinks this important news, but confirming what I've spoken about previously regarding Wolfsburg's inferior youth policy, U-20 international Lisa Schöppl finally leaves Wolfsburg II. What a surprise lol...

Seriously, I don't know why fellow international youngster Wolter thinks it a smart idea leaving Werder Bremen's current first team, when we all know it will most likely just end up with her taking Schöppl's place wasting away within Wolfsburg's second team.

Honestly, I think if Bayern ever got truly serious about recruiting the nations top domestic talent, they could have easily built a squad comprised of Potsdam, Frankfurt, and Freiburg's very best right now, dominating this league for many years to come.

Something like.. instead of using their significant financial advantages to see a constant random assortment of players pass through their club, the past two years at Bayern could have seen them easily sign various top young league performers (Schlüter/Nuding - Elsig - Simon - Hendrich - Magull - Gwinn - Dallmann - Doorsoun - Schüller - Prießen - Störzel - Huth - Kemme) to instantly improve their long term condition.

Yes, with Islacker they did sign a consistent Bundesliga scorer (she's also been pretty useless lol), but could you imagine how much better they'd be if long term planning around a few top domestic names such as Elsig, Hendrich, Magull, Dallmann, Kemme, saw them become the big contract additions during the clubs post Miedema/realistic title wining years...?

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I read both Buhl, and Simic, are carrying injury concerns, so I imagine their playing time will have been rather limited because of that...?

And if your talking about players who don't really appear to be contributing with their full potential, I think Petermann has been the single biggest disappointment for Freiburg's attack, no?

I was never convinced that she wanted to leave the US early, and really only changed her mind due to Neid's ridiculous senior WC offer/bribe; so maybe she's still better suited to reach her full potential outside of Germany...?
    Hmmm, currently being behind Hoffenhiem on points may seem rather disappointing to some, but are you suggesting they're anywhere near the level of the five teams above Hoffenhiem...?

Dallmann and Doorsoun have been great, with Lea Schüller looking like an emerging real deal senior international prospect too; but compared to the squads at Frankfurt, Potsdam, Bayern, Freiburg, and Wolfsburg, I think 7th place is exactly where they should be given their clear limitations in overall quality, individual experience, and squad depth.

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the last make up game as Essen beats Frankfurt on last heroics of Dallmann
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-1-ffc-frankfurt-vs-sgs-essen/20607/

here's the standings as we finally start the long awaited 2nd half season
    https://us.women.soccerway.com/national/germany/frauen-bundesliga/20172018/regular-season/r41511/

hopefully Freiburg don't peak too soon, as it would be nice to see them play in the CL after all the times BM flubbed there. Despite being the only undefeated team in the league Potsdam finds itself 7 points behind the leaders thanks to a bunch of ties.so please play to win!

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol, and this with none of them currently showcasing the kind of form you'd expect to see from established senior Internationals...

Hmmm... seeing the final score, I'm also thinking Bayern could have dropped all three to the bench, and still left people with the same general feelings of overall confused indifference.

To be honest, their probably feeling lucky this league doesn't have a 3rd or 4th club with the financial muscle to maintain a stronger depth of squad over a full season.

19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wolfsburg only managed 1-0 over Hoffenheim. I only watched the first half and I think I counted more wrong passes from Fischer (poor game), Peter and Blässe than actual passes, Lena’s injured (probably not so long but), it’s very noticeable that she’s not in the back/midfield passing good balls

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    only 2 Germans were in left when the 1st sub went out(Dabritz for Vodkova).

Got to wonder why 2 starting NT's; Maier & Faisst, were rostered for the game but didn't play? Over at WOB, Goesling & Kershowski didn't play as well, Beck only saw 2nd half action for HOF.

Do you think Jones asked the coaches for minimum playing for her players? If so, it would seem to be going against the grain, as after a long winter break, you would want your players to get back into the fold or shape before the SBC
    I watched the whole game, the 2 HOF FB's impressed me a lot. Both got a ton of tackles in there against some world class opposition. The right FB, Lindser(only 18) could also show she could race up the field with considerable speed. . Stenert, the left FB had to take on the triple threat of Hansen, Jakabfi & Blasse and stopped them cold.
    Which pegs you the question; wouldn't you want such strong defenders at your FB, instead of your fave, Maier,who might be a potent attacker, but noticeably lacking defensive wise

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm, but it's hard to judge Bayern's domestic spine with so many of it's German internationals constantly injured, or unfit to play.

Plus being personally tired of seeing Bayern's frustrating inability to showcase some genuine muscle to recruit the sports top domestic and international talents; it probably makes the horrible form of Däbritz, Leupolz, Islacker, even more prominent within a team no longer featuring genuine match winners/stars.

LOL, if the DFB's really allowing Jones to have that much power after her tragic run with the national team, they should just honestly close down the nations entire female league system.

I don't know the reasons behind Bayern or Wolfsburg's team selections, but the fact Hoffenheim also chose to leave out 3 of their own first team regulars, would probably suggest these various clubs match day decisions had little connections to outside influence.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hoffenheim lack credible name recognition, but their coach not starting his best attack probably allowed Wolfsburg to get more than they deserved from this match.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, Linder will be a senior international. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again... the Dongus twins should/could be very good for one of the top six clubs too.

So having heard some good things about some of Hoffenheim's players, as a team they gave a pretty fair, if not a truly great evaluation of their current level within this league.

Currently a better team than Essen or Sand, capable of taking points off the top six clubs, but lacking any real ambition to progress beyond various domestic players using them as a gateway to bigger or better individual success. That's Hoffenheim.

Oh, and who's controlling the recruitment for Wolfsburg right now lol. Neto...? Ella Masar McLeod....? They recently allow a highly talented van Egmond and 2 other talented junior German internationals leave, so Neto and Masar McLeod, could instantly gain match time in the absence of (genuine stars) Wullaert and Pajor lol.

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Maier is a strong defender, just had some blunders under Jones she didn't show under Neid because she was the first choice then and SHOULD be now. Leo contributes forward and knows when to run and support and when to stay and defend like the dreadful Blässe don't. Yes I agree she's had some blunders, but it's not enough for me to leave her out of the NT. If you played the likes of Elsig at the back (who had a good game yesterday for Potsdam), instead of Babett Schlecht, the fullbacks and midfield don't have to run their ass off all the time to help out the defense lol.

https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-1899-hoffenheim-vs-vfl-wolfsburg/20662/
    awful defending again by Peter
    3:40, why the hell doesn't she mark the Hoffenheim player? Wops then way too late and Hoffenheim player gets past her with ease. Then 5 seconds later she's beaten and not anywhere near being able to recover lol. 4:25, lol Peter's supposed to run towards her own ********ing goal to try and COVER the empty space, not running AFTER the damn defender, what the hell it's SIMPLE defending! Almost every chance Hoffenheim got was from Peter's blunders. Worst CB I've ever witnessed playing as a regular for Germany, almost at the same level as Henning. After Steffi's done Peter shouldn't be allowed to anytime wear the NT kit again............................ So Elsig will sit on the bench during SBC while Peter does her horrow show... ridiculous

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München