All time top scorers in big five Euro leagues

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by AD78, Aug 26, 2016.

1. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah it’s slightly odd however it will be interesting see if mbappe continues upon his upward trajectory
    He is currently on course to matching many great goalscorers in the coming years
    I believe he isn’t even a set piece taker for his teams so just imagine he starts taking penalties and freekicks

2. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #52 carlito86, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019

Lionel messi finally equals /overtakes cristiano ronaldo for most goals scored in the history of european top 5 leagues(there seems to be some dispute over the validity of a goal scored by CR in 2011 that was accredited to pepe due to a deflection)

I suspect this lead will only increase and they will finish their careers in the same position as they currently are

Messi should be as of now considered a top 5 undisputed historic goalscorer alongside gerd muller,ferenc puskas,pele and cristiano ronaldo
    All things considered(including titles,assists,chances created etc) he is for me the most dominant league performer ever

AD78 repped this.
  3. victorcalello38

Feb 28, 2017
    Club:
    Montevideo Wanderers FC
    Recall that Messi is two years younger

4. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    60 less games and 25 less PKs.

5. carlito86

carlito86 Member+

Jan 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We will have to see his ratio in 2.5 years if its the same
    In any case it is known and hardly disputed messi was a phenomenon level player at a younger age than ronaldo

It took CR 36 games to score his first CL goal
    He was 22 years old then(2007)
    I think he struck his 50th PL goal at 22 years old
    Messi had approx 100 by that age

If you compare their respective goal records since 2007 the gap is much narrower