All-Time Draft 2011: Discussion thread

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by PDG1978, Jun 26, 2011.

1. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    This thread is for all comments about the 2011 All-Time Draft. Please don't name undrafted players. If you need to PM me ahead of your scheduled pick, because you won't be around at that time or because you are waiting for another drafter please do so, specifying the necessary number of players to guarantee you get a valid pick (if there are 2 drafters/partnerships ahead of you please send me 3 picks for example, in priority order) and then post a message on this thread saying "PM'd PDG1978". Once you have drafted a player, feel free to discuss him on this thread and add extra information, Youtube videos etc if you wish. The results of the voting will be revealed on this thread after the draft is over. Enjoy the draft and good luck constructing your teams :).

2. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  3. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Post the draft order in the selection thread ,so the picks can be later edited in at one place?

4. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Where can I find the final teams and results from the 2006 draft?

5. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I'll post the order in the Selection thread tomorrow when Big Soccer is working perfectly for me (still variable whether I can post and the pages are taking ages to load). There is also an Updates & Scheduling thread though which will show the Schedule 2 weeks ahead, also tomorrow and will contain the players selected in each round and which team they are in.

6. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  7. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Here's this year's Updates & Scheduling thread https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23740868#post23740868
    Please check your scheduled days to make your picks in the first two weeks.
    If we are all ok to switch to picking in our own time after the first 6 weeks, we might stop picking to a schedule. We could consider specifying a maximum 12 or 24 hours from one pick to the next. The plan is to pick to the schedule until the 3 people taking holidays without or possibly without internet access have all returned from those holidays, to avoid them missing too many picks and/or having trouble/long delays getting their picks in.

8. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    I could do the resume of the building teams regularly during the game as in previous drafts if you want PDG1978.

9. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  10. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
  11. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Courtesy of a PM from Gregoriak, here's the threads from the 2006 draft:

"Hi,

the All-Time Draft Threads are still available. However everyone was so 'exhausted' by the exercise that no tournament ensued after the selections were made.

Selection Thread:

www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287684&

Discussion Thread:

www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287520&

Update Thread:

www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290092&

Tactics & Formations Thread:

www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332931&"

EDIT There is a thread I've seen, probably linked from one of those above with the results of a vote. That vote was used to create a tournament and a thread was created for that but it didn't get finished I believe. tpmzembe's team came top in the voting.

12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im not sure i understand the schedule? What if all three posters pick in the next 2 hours? Would that mean we would have to wait until tomorrow for the next 3 picks, or can they just go ahead and pick?

13. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yeah, for the first 6 rounds at least we'd wait till the next day, although if that did happen I really wouldn't mind the next drafter picking this evening if it was preferable to tomorrow for him.
    We'll start each round (the first 6 at least) on a Monday though and the Schedule will provide the deadlines. You and comme are due to pick tomorrow. If it gets to 8.30pm tomorrow you'd be able to pick anyway, but I expect Cevno and Peru FC should be able to pick or PM me (if Peru is waiting for Cevno) before then. If you notice they've both picked you can go ahead and post your pick also before 8pm if you wish.
    I guess you and comme, as the joint team, are already discussing your preferred choices.

14. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Thanks. That clears it up. I assume all times that you post are GMT?

15. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yeah. Well, BST (British Summer Time) - GMT+1.

16. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    We're on BST (British Summer Time) now. So GMT + 1.

17. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Lol, exactly 2.42pm BST when we both posted that!

18. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Thanks guys.

19. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Come on Fraser, I'm sure I'm not the only one impatient to start.

20. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Sorry. Work has been extremely hectic today. I'm leaving now but if PDG1978 wants to post my pick(I have pm'ed him regarding it) then I don't have an issue with that.

21. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I'm leaving fraser to post his pick in the Selection thread, but for anyone interested he's got a Brazilian by the name of erm.... Pele for short.

22. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I was joking. :)

On a genuine point though I'll give a general message to everyone taking part to be considerate to all other members and the fact that we all have lives and commitments outside of BS.

Also a warning to everyone to disregard some of the propagandists who will try and put down/build up people's picks. Make your own mind up. Don't believe the spin that people will try to play.

23. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I PM'd dor02 earlier (but it was probably about 10pm Australian time). He wasn't online yesterday to see the schedule so can tomorrow's drafters give him till about midday British time tomorrow to make a pick if he hasn't. If he still hasn't picked by then, as it's the first round I'd probably change his draft position for the whole draft since he'd be missing out on his number 1 pick.
    burco is ok to go ahead and pick after 8.30pm tonight though by which time fraser will have posted his selection in the thread and it's possible dor02 will have picked too I guess.

24. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    1st pick selected and I have PM'ed dor02.

25. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Who would have guessed the first two picks? This is getting predictable.:D