all the news that's fit to print...about milan

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Nov 9, 2007.

1. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Oh please.

I've seen them get neutralized. Everything goes through Bale. VDV isn't anything special. And they'll have to worry about our own team.

Neutralize Bale, and they are that much weaker.

They aren't that great of a team. I'm just being honest and realistic. I'm not biased because they have a Dutch guy playing for them!

And their defense is meh. I've seen Inter smash 4 goals pass them... and the only reason they came back from 4 goals down, was because Inter let their guard down. I'm sure we won't do the same. We have a deep squad.

I'd like to see Bale get pass Abate. LOL.

2. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Very confident Gian?

3. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    LMAO, this nonsense made the rest of the post void.
    VDV has been one of the best players in the EL, along with Bale.
    He also got awarded Player of The Month there, he has made a huge impact.
    Lol@nothing special.

im pretty sure we will get past them, but these 2 players are top notch.

4. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well at this stage, not to sound like a diplomat, but there are no easy teams.

Tottenham, however, is a preferrable opponent in comparison Barca, Chelsea, Man Utd and maybe even Munich.

It won't be as easy as Gian thinks. They may be easy to block once they are "figured out" but so are we.

5. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    In comparison to the other teams we could have faced, I'm happy with this draw.

And what nonsense? VDV isn't like Snejider.

Tottenham is crap away. Inter smashed 4 goals past them, and would have had more... and we know Inter is in bad shape.

Bale is overrated beyond belief. They didn't really have that great of a group to begin with.

Stop overrating Dutch and English players.

Bale is all speed, and no technique. He's nothing special. I saw him come up against several brick wall defenses and was completely useless.

And then to dismiss the rest of my post because you don't like something... GROW UP PLEASE. Tired of it. Seriously.

I never claimed they'll be easy. But they are not a Barcelona, Manchester United, or Bayern.

6. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Really? Where did I say it was going to be easy? Where? Point out where. I'm not underestimating them. But, I'm not going to say they are world class or even that great of a side.

We have many players capable of producing moments of magic that are next to impossible to stop. We're nothing like Tottenham. We are also not one dimensional like them.

I'm not going to sit around here and overrate their players like many have. I'm just not buying that Bale is that great. And I'm not sold on VDV. If he was so great, he should have moved to a better side.

7. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No. You didn't say "easy" in those exact words. But you implied it on more than one occasion.

And seriously dude. Stop getting your fvking panties in a bunch if anyone questions anything you say. You are the biggest drama queen I have seen on this board and we have dealt with FNU. You are a good poster, but its impossible to have a discussion with you because you take everything so damn personally.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    must spread, kc.

it's not even worth trying to point it out when he contradicts himself or is blatantly wrong. he'll just overwelm you with a barrage of nonsense and defensive blabber. i would love to meet gc in real life because i can't believe that he is really that big of a knucklehead.

9. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Bale = overrated? Seriously? Hes been on fire the last few weeks/months. He has tons of technique and his passes/crosses have been nearly perfect and world class. He single handily has beaten teams, and good teams. The guy is gonna cause problems unless we shut them down. Tottenham has been a team that has impressed me very much this year. They have very good forwards, there midfield is a good quality collection, while defense is hit or miss. I cant wait to play them and with the right gameplan we will beat them. BUT it wont be easy and our slow play always loses to fast teams, so either we possess the ball 70/30 and dont give them chances OR hit him hard and go str8 attack mode in 1st game and get enough goals to go up and have a high aggregate so we can possess/defend @ Tottengam

10. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What's this about? I think there are ways to neutralize them. They let a mediocre Inter side dominate them, and score 4 times. It was only because Inter was so mediocre that they let them back into the game (and plus Rafa changed his formation mid-game to potentially disastrous consequences).

Look at it this way, they won't be easy. But this isn't Barcelona or Chelsea we are facing. And thank goodness it isn't. If we were facing Barcelona, I know we would be in a lot of trouble. Poor Arsenal. Once again they get screwed.

I'm not taking anything personally. Everything in my posts was about their team and what I think are their tactical weaknesses. They are a one dimensional team. They rely way too much on a few players. Neutralize them and you can mark them out of the game. And their group was far from impressive. Bremen, Inter? You can't be serious.

I've seen teams like Sunderland mark out Bale. I saw Chelsea do it last weekend. So what's the problem here? Chelsea has been mediocre lately. Bale isn't Messi. Not even close. He relies on his speed. Put him up against Abate, and we will see how far he'll get.

We have the excessive firepower to beat them. And Cassano will be able to play these games, pending his transfer.

If you think I take anything personally, you need to re-read my posts or don't bother responding to me. Everything there was about the team and what I thought of the weaknesses in the Spurs. Their defense... well, is going to let them down. And if Ledley King is injured (which is very likely), they are totally screwed. Let alone the moron of a goalkeeeper they have.

11. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Okay this is just bullshit.

You may not like my opinion, but that leaves you no right to talk me down like that. I'm blatantly wrong? Why don't you care to point out where I'm wrong?

I'm the knucklehead? Half of the time you don't even know what you're talking about. If you don't like my opinions, then that's your own problem. It doesn't make me any less informed then anyone else around here. I take the time to educate myself, and post the latest news stories, translating in the process...

Why do I even waste my time posting anything when I get this ungrateful attitude in return? What have you ever contributed besides the typical ad nauseum?

Seriously don't post anything at all if that's all you can say. You're just a guy who think he's knows something about football. It's a pity you can't realize how wrong you are.

Don't jump on me because I don't rate Tottenham on the level of Barcelona.

No, I got a strong attitude, because people don't like to hear other viewpoints. You don't like it? Deal with it.

12. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Gian is autistic, he cant understand the easiest posts

13. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What a stupid thing to say...

Show some proof. Or don't post such ridiculous vindictive garbage.

And besides that, you should try to avoid posting psychological analysis on the internet, especially if you don't have a sound understanding of what you're talking about.

14. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    lol
    ur constantly battling points that no one has made

15. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Proof?

Another braindead thing to say.

Do you actually read posts on here? I've countered what was SAID, and I don't respond to much more than that because I'm not going to waste my breath.

Have anything else ridiculous to say?

16. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    for example this nonsense 'Don't jump on me because I don't rate Tottenham on the level of Barcelona.'

no one ever rated the Spurs like that, they are just saying their style of play (fast) might cause us some problems
    while most posters here probably believe we will make it past them, ur doing ur best to downgrade them like a 4rd class team, forgetting that they won one of the toughest groups in the CL with ease.
    Also ur trying very hard to degrade their 2 best players to a bunch of overrated schoolboys. (of course using the awesome argument that i only like VDV cause he's dutch)

its funny how ur the one on here who gets in the most arguments, but its always some else's fault.
    self-reflection ftw

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    LOL

Well it is one hell of an argument

** grabs popcorn and awaits the incoherent rambling to resume **

18. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My favourite part is when Giancarlo rhetorically asked 'why do i even bother posting here' and my brain almost exploded.

19. island.

island. New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Austria
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ok I think we can all agree that they are no Barcelona but that it won't be easy.
    Most of us have a very cautious approach, it's not like eg the RM forums (well they might have a point this season, we'll see) so we will always be wary of our opponents.
    I agree with Giancarlo that there is a lot of hype surrounding Bale. Gattuso and Abate can certainly handle him it's more our left side I'm worried about.

February is still far away but imho they should worry more about our offense than we should about theirs.

20. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hey Giancarlo, u neg repped me because of and I quote " stupid post". Seriously? I havent done nething to u, or called u out, yet u neg rep me because apparently u dont like what i said. In one post u said " You may not like my opinion, but that leaves you no right to talk me down like that. I'm blatantly wrong? " Than u go on and neg rep me for I guess something u dont agree with. The hypocrisy that you show on a day to day basis is baffling. You have done nothing since youve gotten here other than fight with the posters, which have been around for years. You show no respect to anyone, and you just whine and constantly complain. I can go on and on, but frankly I have better things to do than argue on a forum. It just blows my mind, that you, can not understand that the common denominator in all the arguments in these forums, is YOU. The world isnt intolerable, you are.

And to keep it on subject. I think Tottenham is easier than Barca/Chelsea/Real BUT I also think they have one of those sleeper teams, that has the quality to beat any team on ne given day, yet they dont have the experience or world class to do it on a regular basis.

21. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Some clearly have rated some of their players on the level of Messi and Xavi. It's a bit disturbing.

No one? I don't think you've been following well enough. I talked about ways how they can be neutralized. I'm not saying they are a "4rd" class team. I'm saying they are simply one dimensional. I've seen teams like Sunderland, neutralize them. And I saw the Tottenham-Chelsea game... Chelsea was far from special... and nearly won that game (if Drogba didn't fudge his PK).

I saw a Bale who could do nothing against Chelsea.

Where am I degrading them to a bunch of school boys?

Do me a favor. Don't make stupid misreprsentations about what you think I said. YOur judgment is clouded.

22. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I love how people like yourself insist on taking quotes and bolding whatever you feel... as if it proves a point.

Gcstorm:

I don't care who neg reps me or whatever anymore. I don't complain about it. Go ahead and do it. It's nothing something I'm going to get my panties in a wad about. I'm going to neg rep you when you're totally wrong and are passing misrepresentations (like what Decola just did). It's as simple as that.

What hypocrisy? I stand by everything I've said. And I've been a Milan fan for years, far longer then some on here. I'm not going to give people respect who don't deserve or earn it. Where do I whine and constantly complain? I'm giving people what they don't like to hear. If they want everything sugarcoated, then that's fine. I'll just stop wasting my time.

The only hypocrite here is you.

23. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  24. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bale is a good player, but he was overhyped after he destroyed Maicon over those 2 games. Maicon was at his worst while Bale was at his best.
    Young players tend to be inconsistent.

25. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    tbf, Maicon has been awful this season.

He looks disinterested...then again he's won everything with Inter, maybe not selling him, was a mistake.