All Our Youth are On Loan to You - The Chelsea Youth and Reserve Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, May 12, 2015.

1. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    FA Youth Cup happening right now (2nd leg). Up 2-0 on the night and 3-1 aggregate. We're looking good.

2. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Roman, Antonio, JT, and Frank are in attendance tonight.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Vitesse hoisted their first big time trophy over the weekend, the Dutch Cup.

2-0 winners over AZ. Miazga and Baker go 90. Nathan 73 minutes. They are now qualified for Europa group stages.

truefan420 repped this.
  5. Do you expect, because of the group stage entry in the EL, Vitesse and Chelsea to talk about high quality loans, because of the high level matches guaranteed by the cup win?
    And who would you think would best suit to be of value to push deep into the EL tournement?

Brock Hannsen repped this.
  6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, I think the players have there currently are of very high value as they contributed to Vitesse's first major trophy and entry into a major tournament.

That said, I think Lewis Baker is highly regarded but will likely go out on another loan, but maybe in England. He's already 22 and needs to be playing.

I can see Miazga getting sold quickly, either to Vitesse or to another Dutch club who value him.

Nathan could stay or have a similar loan elsewhere. And I don't know enough about Ali.

But in terms of higher quality players going there? I don't think Zouma, Ake, Christensen will go there - not that level. Maybe a Kenedy. Maybe it's slightly above RLC's level right now. A loan to NASL might suit him. Traore is already at Ajax. And so on. I think we'll see Chelsea loan similar skilled players to what we already have there. Plus whomever we decide to buy in the future.

7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As far as Zouma is concerned.. while his play is obviously a bit too deliberate I think we'll see him become an important player again. I mean shit, he was out for how long again? Never expected him to be right back in the thick of things.

Does anyone know what's good with Musonda? Saw a comment on WAGNH that perhaps they're bulking him up/that he's possibly on a special training regiment.

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I forget about all these players all the time. It's crazy.

On our books, strikers alone include:
    Solanke, Abraham, Brown, Kiwomya, Traore, Joao Raodriguez (?), and Remy (remymber him?)

9. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Too many man.

Musonda interests me the most.. his stint at Betis was really impressive til Poyet came into the picture. The fact that we seemed reluctant to even loan him out again in January could be interpreted as largely positive, despite teams like Roma appearing to be interested.

10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I couldn't imagine being the manager of this club - or any large club - and having to make these decisions. Though, it's probably apparent on the training ground where players stand. Assessing the loanees and trusting scouts is probably very difficult.

11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Musonda has a ton of potential. but the calls for him to be a squad player or challenging for starts are crazy (not saying anyone here is, just heard it). he's got tricks and pace but very little end product right now. and that will come with playing which he needs to be doing. the talent is there but he's still incredibly raw. so share in the excitement, but one of the reasons his loan to Betis was so impressive was because of his age. he still needs a lot of polishing. now it's just a matter of deciding the best way to do that.

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was doing some pretty crazy things.. beating 2-3 men at a time and was, I believe, the most fouled player other than Neymar during that initial loan spell.

I made calls for him to at least be a sub... who knows how good he will end up being, but you aren't going to know unless you actually play the kid. I have a hard time believing we'd ever give a shot to guys like Rashford, Mbappe, Kane, etc. if they came up through our system. The club hasn't proven it knows how to give kids a real chance, even if they look the part.

Who knows.. I was also big on McEachran and Kakuta. Miro Stoch was one I had hopes for as well.

13. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i'm agreeing with you for the most part. i don't think he'll develop like he needs to if he stays right now. he needs to play. as i said, he has a sick amount of talent. for example, his loan was considered a huge success at Betis that first year. he scored 1 goal and had 2 assists in 16 apps. then the next season had went 0 and 1 in 8 apps.

so he did a lot of really impressive things, except the stuff that mattered. he's exciting to watch, but much of the huff and puff led to simple passes, giveaways, or failed crosses. the end product needs improvement. and he'll get there i think. but he's not ready for chelsea yet in my opinion. but he's of course one of the players i'm rooting for to come good.

14. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  15. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Abraham looks to be set for a loan to Newcastle next season. I'm excited to see what he can do in the PL.

Blueallthru repped this.
  16. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sames. Should be pretty interesting.

How do Newcastle play under Benitez? Like style-wise, anyone know?

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Interesting. They already have strikers. We'll see I guess.

18. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chalobah and Baker are the midfield pair for England U21 with Abraham leading the line. game just kicked off vs Sweden and it's on ESPN3 if anyone is interested.

Blueallthru repped this.
  19. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    looks like a 4-2-3-1. Chalobah in the pivot (#4) with a midfield partner (Ward-Prowse #8). Baker playing and wearing the #10, and Abraham playing and wearing #9.

Blueallthru repped this.
  20. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benitez likes to rotate his squad tho.

21. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I don't want Abraham to be rotated. Also, it's not at all clear he'll play two strikers in the league. He's only historically played one.

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they make deep runs in the cups plus league there will be plenty of action to go around

23. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    swansea seemed to enter the race for the Tammy Abraham loan for next season just within the last week. it's being reported pretty comprehensively at the moment that Abraham has now chosen Swansea for the season. Swansea still need to buy a forward as well i would think, but could be a good place for him with Clement in charge.

24. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wish he had gone to Newcastle. Benitez is a much better manager and would have helped Tammy develop a lot.