All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. Gogermo

Gogermo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 22, 2019
    That goal was a deflection.

Vinicius is a flop and there is no way around it. He is already 19. Super players are good enough at that age. Vinicius has shown so far that he is a More technical Jesus Navas. All speed and acceleration no end product or brain.

Some you win some you lose. Its like that with prospects. We have Rodrygo so there is nothing to worry about. He has all the tools to become world class. Vinny might do it, but his overrall game and decision making is just so bad adb hasnt evolved at all. Creativity and vision is one of the hardest things to teach. Thats why I have such an harsh view of him. Ive seen multiple of these kind of players before and all except for C.Ronaldo the story is always the same. Isco is a prime example from the current squad. All world dribbling and technical ability. Average passing and vision. He was a effective player just not the star everyone expected with that level of technical talent.

Modric-87 and Kroosinator repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So we are calling Vin a flop at 19? Despite having a good season and only being 10 games into his second season?

Wow lol

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Pundorikakho and 3 others repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    It’s good that these morons don’t make the decision at the club isn’t it?

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jesus Navas at his peak was head and shoulders above what we had at the club at this time. The combo of him and Dani Alves humiliated us for years.

If you bring up Jesus Navas as an example of a flop, it shows how "much" you know. He's had an incredible career despite dealing with some serious issues in his life.

Deep Pal, yoanaidarov and madridista_hr repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Absolutely moronic statement to make about a teenager.

Salah couldn't score to save his life even in his early 20s at Roma; look at him now. There are many examples of players who mature this way.

Incredibly dumb to think Vinicius won't develop because he will.... of course by then you will pretend you never said this trash and have known him to be a success all along.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have only 1 concern about Vinicius and no it's not his shooting. It was actually his reaction to that goal. You could tell how much it meant to him and how he felt a weight off his back.

I do not like him carrying that kind of pressure. The kid is an amazing talent but he is 19. I am hoping people at the club and in his circle can help take some pressure off his shoulders. He is 19 playing in the biggest club in the world. Give yourself time kid. The pressure will only make it worse.

I just can't believe anyone in their right mind would write him off. Even though he has been erratic, he is still displaying the skills that make him special. I am not ready to write him off....not by a long shot.

Deep Pal and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  7. Gogermo

Gogermo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 22, 2019
    #2057 Gogermo, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Playing with the best RB ever does help.

Navas never did anything on top level be it with NT or City. His homesickness issues and what not might have contributed but he wasnt a world class winger at any point of his carreer. Its not incredible to dash to the by-line and cross and repeat and repeat. He was a poor mans Bale.

I think most of these posts stay up like "forever". You are free to quote me on this no doubt and disagree.

I have no problem with admitting I was/ am wrong If proven so. Ive always had the same view about Vinicius since his Brazil days. With Rodrygo it was always evident he understood the game on another level had better vision and waaaaay better finishing. Vinicius would never score the goal Rodrygo did on his debute. Calm, collected, knowing what to do and how to do it.

8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I still believe Vini should go on a loan, ideally Solari ( a coach he is very comfortable with ) would be coaching a la liga team next year and Vini joins them for 2 seasons, he’ll come back more mature and confident.

Our struggles as a team hasn’t helped him either.

9. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Don’t know why you even bother responding to that guy. Obvious troll is obvious.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Gogermo

Gogermo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 22, 2019
    If I dont think all our prospects dont become WPOY's im a troll? Got it.

Modric-87 repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The guy has less than 20 posts yet is speaking as if he has been posting here for a long time lol.

Obvious is obvious

Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  12. Gogermo

Gogermo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 22, 2019
    #2062 Gogermo, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    There is some kind of rule against posting what you think If you dont have enough posts or havent been here long enough?

If I think Vinicius should be performing and progressing like all various other youngsters in world football is too much to ask I guess. He is not 17 he is 19. Mbappe is 20 for example, Sancho is 19 and has already had a very good season and this season has as many goals as Vinny has his RM career. There are plenty others I could name that either right now perform better or have performed better at the same age.

Develepment is not linear, but he hasnt progressed at all. How much that injury played in Idk. But even before that you could see even from his flamengo times that he simply doesnt have decision making thats on a good level. With Rodrygo and Brahim for example you can see it. They make the smart play often and choose the correct pass/shot when needed. Vinny is not even close on that department. Which is a shame given his technic and that crazy explosiveness.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, trash opinion, why bother.

14. Gogermo

Gogermo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 22, 2019
    So he has progressed. Is a clinical finisher and constantly produces key passes, instead of looking complitely clueless when presented with a finishing opportunity, being a turnover machine with no end product

I wonder why such a beast hasn't ousted Vazques or why Zidane played a year younger Brazilian who has been here for a few months in a must win game instead of Vinny?

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel you need to collect your thoughts for a while and form a conclusive argument before you post an opinion.

16. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do you recall how many people talked shit about C. Ronaldo or Messi in 2003/4?

Let's regroup and not come to judgment when this kid has clearly been through a lot here.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    The main problem with every young players nowadays is that in a current mbappe era, a lot of people expect other youngsters to be as good or not too far.

MBappe even beat some of Messi records from way back when he was young but that doesn't mean he will be as successful as Messi.

Vinicius is in line with what we can expect (well I still think he really needs to improve his goal scoring ability), and can become real good.

And about MBappe, while I want him here even at 300ME, he might not become as good as Messi, and Ronaldo were at their peak. Nothing is assured.

J-Mezzy, Deep Pal and Drouchk repped this.
  18. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    It is a travesty to compare anyone to Ronaldo and Messi, they have been the best in the history of club football.

Mbappe has been playing in a Mickey Mouse league, let him play at a tougher league. Also, longevity & consistency are two huge things.

Vinicius is just 19, let's hope he doesn't get bogged down by the pressure of expectations. Madrid can be a ruthless place when it comes to meeting with expectations. Hopefully, he will overcome them.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I personally wouldn’t call Vin a flop, he’s still young, what I would question here is the idea that he had a “good season” last season, no one did really , he just happened to shine and bring some excitement in a mess of nothingness, he had some good games, now, even though we still aren’t that fantastic, some of the other players on the team have absolutely begun to play at a higher level, he will need to do more, and it shows, this is Madrid I imagine you need a certain amount of mental strength to succeed here, my only worry is that he needs time and as I have said, at Madrid we all want to win now!!, so time is a scarce commodity, I wish him the best but he will have to improve and fast.

ahnaf and Deep Pal repped this.
  20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    If Vini wasn’t our player I bet most people here would be saying he sucks.
    Hopefully he improves and does not become the new Renato Sanchez..

Modric-87 repped this.
  21. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    He obviously tries too hard when he enters the field and attempts some sort of trickery that will not pass in Europe.

22. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Robinho had a good start to his career with Madrid, and really started to develop into a star before he left for England and screwed up his career.

I think Vinicius has the ability to develop to that Real Madrid starting level, but we can't act too swiftly before giving him the chance that his ability warrants. I like the way we handled Odegaard - if Vinicius can't cut it here allow his potential to flower somewhere else before bringing him back.

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We actually run the risk of someone topping out too quickly especially for a forward who uses speed and trickery. Pato, Robinho, a lot of others come to mind. I would send him out on a half season loan to a mid-table club, but bring him back in the summer if that was at all possible.

El-CapitanoR7 repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Would like to see Hazard get a break and Vin get a game with the starters. See how he performs in his natural position with the talent around him

25. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I think a loan would completely destroy Vini given his weak mentality.