Alex Scott - Fox Soccer Blog

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, May 7, 2009.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's certainly not.

But it doesn't help a referee to make a call when you're rolling around on the ground like you'll never walk again, pounding the grass like a petulant child to draw a card..

Tony might call it "sophicated" I call it unsporting.

2. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was a red card because she connected with Bompastor's ankle with her studs - regardless of the severity or intent - based on what USSF/FIFA wants called.

But back to the highlights, this, from her blog about England v Denmark, is why we are fans of Alex Scott:

After the game i was named Player of the match and got presented with a bottle of champagne. This was only my 2nd time being named player of the match and for me i know its a major thing because for a right back to be named it, i must have done something right. Normally flair players or big name players get this and that is not me. i would say i did nothing special but i did work my Butt off for 90 mins and I suppose sometimes that is more then enough. (the champagne just so you all know, went to my mum who i hope had a good night,ha)

3. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats it Folks
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 BY YOUR ALL STAR BOSTON BREAKER ALEX SCOTT

I really cannot begin to tell you how i feel when i say i cannot beleive my 1st season in the WPS is done and dusted, just like that..... its over! It came it went and know i have to wait for next season to roll around all over again!

how many chances did we have to be in the playoffs 1, 2 , 3 or maybe 4, so should it have come down to the last game against LA to secure a place HELL NO!! we shot ourselves in the foot really!

when myself and kelly signed for the Breakers we said we want to get the girls to the playoffs, then off we go to the Euro's - we failed the team this time - but sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward (this is what i am telling myself anyway) so next season its onwards and upwards for Boston!

A big thank you has to go to all the fans that came out to all our games this season because lets face it, it seemed like I was not too far away from home, because it seems that everytime we played at Harvard the rain clouds appeared, but the fans still showed up and still supported the team and showed us brits alot of love and support too (THANK YOU ALL)

4. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not how you start but how you finish?

so i thought it would be best for me to check back in with you all and give you all a slight insight as to what i have been up to since i left Boston at the end of our WPS season. Nothing much really just playing in a ..................EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS FINAL,ha

last question - who playes for the best club in the WPS - kaz's answer (ALEX) - yes all you chicago red star's fans karen carney your player said that Alex scott's Boston breakers is a better team then chicago, what cha think about that then,LOL. all breakers fans you should have no doubt that my anwer was (ALEX).

:D

5. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://community.foxsports.com/alex_scott/blog/2009/12/20/happy_holidays

which leads me to lay down my challange,hehehehe. Tony challenged me and Heather Mitts to score goals last season and to be honest we didnt do the best. At least i managed to score 1 and well.... Mittsay we will leave it at the fact that you were playing on the left side all season,LOL. so i thought Mittsay if you are reading this we can create some friendily rivalry/Banter which will most probably already be there between Boston and Philly and see which one of us right backs will be top scorer in WPS 2010..... everyone place your bets now! (if you are not aware me and Heather Mitts are actually real good friends so there is not one bit of rivalry between us - love you mittsay,ha).

OK. I've got my house, truck, 401k and left nut on Alex to win this bet....

:p

6. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pre season time,here we go again!
    Sunday, March 14, 2010,

so were do i start.... lets start here by saying.... ITS SOOOOOO GOOD TO BE BACK! i got back into boston just over a week ago now and wow this week has flown by.

myself and kelly took the 7hour journey back to Boston. can i just say that last year when we packed up our suitcases we left most of our winter wear back in rainy England thinking that America was going to be hot, well how wrong was we, last year Boston was FREZZING, so this year we have both come well prepared bringing yes a whole extra suitcase of winter jumpers, coats etc..... and what do you know....... we step out of Logan Airport and the sun is beaming, no snow, just full sunshine in Boston!!!! just our luck,lol.

Its hard to explain that 1st intial day of preseason - but i will explain it as starting a new year at school! there are face's you know and happy to see once again, then there are a whole new load of face's, face's who you played against so you know them, but you dont know them, then you have the complete new face's/names that you introduce yourself too and try and remember names. well bearing in mind that my body clock was on 1am time, i swear some of my new teammates thought i was mad, my brain was finding it very hard to function and i swear at times i was introducing myself to the same person 2 or 3 times,ha...(hi my name is Alex whats yours.... erm i just told you like 3secs ago...doh).

so with the 1st week down we are now heading to Florida for 10days of preseason (well the brits are leaving ealry because we have 2 world cup qualifiers coming up), but we are going to use this time to come together as a team, get right and WORK HARD - YEAH BREAKERS!!!

i now know all my new team mates names..........and then you have the always reliable and great Amy Liebielt

Time to learn the old ones Alex! :D

8. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'Back in the Game'
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So as i am talking about the WPS, i think it would be rude of me not to talk about our opening game in Washington right? (sorry any washington fans reading this, but i do have a smile on my face right now :0).

If you dont know, you should really know, lol Boston won the 1st game of their (our season) 2 - 1...rock on! this is a totally different feeling to last year. When we played our 1st game against FC Gold pride and we lost to the same score-line - that was a bum feeling and im glad not to feel that again.

How would i sum up our 1st game....UMMMMM - i would say a great team effort. We had good defending through all the units which makes the back four's (back 5 sorry keepers) job so much easier when your front players are winning the ball back high up the field. We had great debuts from Lauren Cheney who not only got a goal, but her all round play like holding the ball up and bringing others into play was great. Ore midfield was solid and the back line very much limited Abby's play through the game which is always major because she is a big time player. Then you have like a dream story..... last year this story was Maggie Tomecka, and it seems this year its going to go to Ashley Phillips - heres the story in short.......

9. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most important part of the latest blog:

10. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Spellchecker and a bit of breathing space (punctuation?) might make it less stressful to follow too. But I like the idea that Boston was FREZZING.

11. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clearly, as a writer, she's a great soccer player. But I enjoy her blogging anyway.:)