Pre-match: AJAX - Twente: The Johan Cruijff-schaal 30-07-2011

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

The season kicks off with the Ajax - Twente supercup game 10 days from now.

All your predictions, recommendations and whatever else you feel you need to share in anticipation of the start of the 2011-2012 season can be discussed here.

Code:
    Winnaars
    x 	Club 	        In
    8 	PSV 	        1992, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2008
    7 	Ajax 	        1993, 1994, 1995, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007
    2 	Feyenoord 	1991, 1999
    1 	SVV 	        1949
            FC Utrecht 	2004
            AZ       	2009
            FC Twente 	2010

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ahhhh shizzle I forgot about this one...Fantastic.

Can we just call this the De Jong vs De Jong? It's always better when one of them scores the deciding goal.

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I doubt ours is even going to be playing. I certainly wouldn't mind though. One thing's for sure. We're going to win. Messi thinks so too.

[​IMG]

4. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Is that real or photoshopped?

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It must be real right? ;) I'm afraid it's just a very good shop though.

Twentefans don't seem to have much faith in a good result. 31.000 tickets sold thus far, of which 1.200 to Twente fans.They have 12.500 tickets to their disposal.

6. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    At the Arena again?

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Always.

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Seeing how this thread is totally dominated by Ajax fans I think I'll pass.

9. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Isn't this whole forum dominated by Ajax fans?

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    This whole forum isn't about an Ajax Twente game. Why would I want to engage in a thread where I'm only going to be insulted and endure personal attacks, we all know this thread will come to that. So have fun by yourselves, I'm not playing. People interested in my views can go to the Twente thread.

11. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Looking forward to this game, I can't wait for the season to start! :D

We have the home advantage, but that didn't help us much last year gha. I seem to remember that we were focussing on qualifying for the CL more so will the tables be turned this time around?

I think we have the upperhand football wise with our much improved squad, but shrewed Amsterdammer Adriaanse will probably have something under his sleeve.

12. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Twente is pretty much the worst team I've ever seen. Don't even deserve to share a pitch with Ajax. I heard Bryan smells funny and that Chadli carries a hand mirror in his pocket during the match to fix his hair after a header.

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Couldn't agree more dude

14. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lol you little stirring monkey.

anywho..

Looking forward to this. I think its about time we got back to winning ways in this.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I deleted this post without reason yesterday, and BTV posted his in response to mine so I guess it's only fair if I post it again:

I think Twente doesn't stand a chance. Ajax are big game winners and have been outperforming Twente for as long as I can remember.

I hope Janssen scores the winning goal.

16. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That would be the ultimate in your face goal:D:D

17. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Haha yeah I noticed that. In the end I'm mostly joking. Except about the part where Twente don't deserve to be on the same pitch :p

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Johan Cruijff-schaal game is a big game? Bigger than the final of the KNVB beker? Who won that one? :D

Twente beating Fenerbace (easily) and Galatasaray just the last 7 days is good preparation for the game against Ajax. I remember Adriaanse being obsessed with beating Ajax when Koeman was at the helm. I still think he wants prove something against them. Going to enjoy that rivalry to.

With Adriaanse at Twente and de Boer at Ajax, it is going to be a celebration of attacking football coming season. I'm going to watch who is more offensive minded and who is successful with it.

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's a wink to ridiculous statements made by "others" in the past. ;)

It's not a big game at all. CL qualification is much, much more important than the supercup. I said the same thing last year. I'd be surprised if Twente can focus fully on this (for us at least) meaningless cup. However, I can fully imagine this actually being a big game for Twente and Co. It's still a final against Ajax.

Looking forward to it though. Like you said, it's bound to be an entertaining game.

20. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    @ DRB300, they've lost 3 - 0 against Standard inbetween those games. I don't blame you for not being aware of this since it was ignored/not mentioned in the Twente thread. :p

I wholeheartedly agree with you that we're awaiting an exciting display of attacking footie with the available players on offer. Twente are bound to raise their game even more due to Janssens transfer.

JC and I have already hinted at this in other threads, but Ajax are said to be after a high profile player for Eredivisie standards for the CF/RW position. Names going around are Ruiz, Lens and Toivonen.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I can't resist now. Ajax fans created a thread in honour of this game and sold what, 30,000 tickets for it, meanwhile Twente sold 1,200 tickets for it (while they sold 2,000 tickets for tomorrow's friendly vs the amateurs of WKE) yet you're concluding this a big game for Twente? Hehehe.

22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It should be important, it could take another 20 years before the next prize.

23. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not taking anything away from twente here, but both are a bit of an unknown talent these days really, most of the league, including them two are under investigation for match fixing, and they havent done well in europe for a few years now. I'd like to think that most of the top dutch clubs could give them a beating.

24. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lets hope so.

25. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You should have posted that response on the Twente thread (incl. the quoted text), but that's just me.