Ajax Amsterdam [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No Arsenal - Ajax thread yet? With just 1 day to go? I'm dissapointed in you people! :)

Van der Vaart and Obrien will go with the squad to England, but Koeman has already said that these players will NOT play in the match. Not even for a second.

Mido is injured.

LINK

Probable line-up deduced by their training:

......................Lobont.....................
    Trabelsi...Pasanen...Chivu...van Damme
    De Jong....Galasek...Maxwell...Pienaar
    .......van der Meyde...Zlatan.............

Zlatan who doesn't nearly suck as much as he used to.....guess I only got Zenden to bítch about these days.

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    terrible first five minutes for ajax, but they seem to be getting it together.

3. golfguy108

golfguy108 New Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Michigan
    I keep reading that Ajax have so many players out due to injury, but the press never elaborates more than saying van der Vaart's knees are keeping him out of action. What about Litmanen, JOB, etc?

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I knew I should have said nothing about Zlatan, I only jinxed him and made him suck again. :D

Oh well, still a good result, even though I wished lady luck was on Boukhari's side with that late chance...it could have been an even better night.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    or if lobont had closed his legs - oh well i got what i asked for before the match - can VDV or mido make the return?

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pretty much the same question as bluedaddy. who will be able to come back for the home game? vdv, sikora, litmanen, mido, etc??? anyone wanna take a shot at a possible line up?

7. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    LINK

More problems with Mido. He has been kicked out of the first team, and sent to Jong Ajax for disciplinary reasons. Ajax has not said why this happened.

So I guess this means Mido won't be playing this wednesday. :D

vd Vaart had some problems once again during the training before the Arsenal match, but in the same article it was said he might still play this sunday. So there's a chance he'll make it by next week.

I've got no idea about Litmanen and Sikora, probably not though.

8. calcioplaya

calcioplaya New Member

Jul 20, 2002

You Act like Mido not playing is a bad thing, please remind me whos had the most goals for Ajax over the past 2 seasons, most of the time not even starting and playing his natural position. please remind me

9. calcioplaya

calcioplaya New Member

Jul 20, 2002

my bad, i made a mistake typin, real one is requoted

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I did not

By the way, the answer to who had the most goals for Ajax in the past 2 seasons is van der Vaart. :)

11. calcioplaya

calcioplaya New Member

Jul 20, 2002
  12. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Can't say anything about the whole situation until we know what's going on.

Calcioplaya, any fool can see the difference in quality between Mido and Zlatan. Mido has the talent, Zlatan has the talent and is developing as a real quality player. I'll take Zatan over Mido anytime.

We should get Nando Rafael back.

13. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Ajax - Arsenal, 02/26/03

Will the Ajax faithful be joing ArsenalAmerica again on Wednesday for PBP? It was great that we had supporters from another club and there was no flaming!

Of course, I'm sure if you looked through the Arsenal board you could see that most of us support Ajax as well, just not when they're playing Arsenal! (Of course, many of you said the same thing in reverse).

Ajax and Arsenal seem to have the same type of supporters who can support their club, yet remain friendly and classy.

Here's to both clubs making it through to the knockout phase! And should Arsenal not make it through (shudder!), most of us will be pulling for Ajax the rest of the way!

14. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
  15. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Re: Ajax - Arsenal, 02/26/03

Yea Coach,
    I saw your pbp on your thread. Nice, neutral work. Entertaining reading.

Friendly trivia ques: If Spurs are the "Joden" team in EPL, and Arsenal's closest rivalry, how is there a connection between Ajax & Arsenal ?

16. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ajax star Ibrahimovc transfer targeted
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=258676&cc=5739

just a question about mido. was it him that people said was very good playing left wing and is now being played out of position?
    any1 believe he will be promoted to the top team in time for the next arsenal match?

17. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Actually Mido is most comfortable playing centre forward.
    Co Adrianse bought him from a Belgian club (I think AA Ghent) with intentions to play at left wing, hence is number = 11.

In any top flight team, you'd need several strikers. We need all of them - Zlatan, Mido, Boukhari. So I think Mido's head will swell down and soon enough he'll be back with the first team.

Otherwise we would be screwed.

18. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Re: Re: Ajax - Arsenal, 02/26/03

Two words: Dennis Begkamp.

You would be shocked at how many of us became Arsenal supporters when Bergkamp moved to the club.

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    LINK

Mido apparently was punished for not attending to some sponsor related activity or whatnot.

20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    De Jong has signed a new contract with Ajax that will keep him with the club untill mid-2006

Van der Vaart and O'brien will most likely play a game with Ajax2 on monday, hopefully there won't be any setbacks for both players so Ajax can use them to beat Arsenal on wednesday

21. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Re: Re: Re: Ajax - Arsenal, 02/26/03

That's one. But there is a part of the Ajax supporters who frequently visit Tottenham. There is also a group (mostly hooligan element) who have reasonably strong ties with Arsenal.

A lot of the more casual Ajax fans like Arsenal mostly for Bergkamp I think.

And considering Tottenham. Ofcourse there's the whole yids thing. But Tottenham & feyenoord aren't exactly best friends in hoolie land either.

It's complicated.

One of my Ajax friends is over at Arsenal half the time. I don't care. I have nothing against Arsenal and Tottenham and I have nothing with them.

Only thing I know is that Arsenal homecrowd is a very very silent lot :D

22. FC Carolina

FC Carolina New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Perth, W.A.
    Here's an interview with van der Vaart from the UEFA website. He talks about his injury, the Arsenal match and the future, somewhat.

Of course, despite the optimism in the article, he's not on the team sheet for tonight's game (at least according to the UEFA site)

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=55715.html

23. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Mido has been kicked out of the selection again, this time for the rest of the season.

24. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    OTOH, Pienaar signed a new deal.

25. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    Ajax should get rid of Mido as soon as they can and buy Sonck, the Belgium wonder.