Ajax Amsterdam [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 18, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
  2. Joey

Joey New Member

3. jd2084

jd2084 New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    fly.to/afs (mostly normal fanpictures)

5. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    From Juventuz.com
    Ajax join Carini queue

Ajax are the latest contenders to take Juventus ‘keeper Fabian Carini for next season.

The Uruguayan is set to leave the Delle Alpi after failing to command any first team football following the arrival of Gianluigi Buffon last summer.

The international is desperate for regular action and Juventus have confirmed their intention to release the No 1.

However, the Delle Alpi side have failed to get the youngster the dream move that he desires.

Carini did come very close to joining Barcelona on loan earlier this season before that move fell through.

In recent weeks there has been strong speculation linking him with Celtic but Ajax are now the latest side to show an interest.

The Dutch outfit would like Carini on loan for the new campaign.

Juve have already looked to deal with Carini’s proposed departure by securing the services of Lecce veteran Antonio Chimenti. He arrived on a free-transfer.

6. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
  7. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    I would think that Ajax would sell a player to raise cash now. Zlatan? He always seemed to be in the coach's doghouse last year. Ikedia is a puzzle. I liked him in his limited runouts last year and he was OK at the World Cup.

I agree with you re. the starting eleven. JOB seems strongly entrenched at left back and as substitute cover in the midfield. I think that they can do better than van Halst but you cannot have everything. It should be an interesting year.

8. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Roma passed off on buying Zlatan; like they really need another striker. :D

Ikedia's extremely useful, but Koeman doesn't figure him into their plans, and that's his right as Ajax's manager.

As for Van Halst, you're right--but they gotta have some kind of central/defensive midfielder to cover for VdV/Sikora/VdMeyde/Wamberto/etc, especially if Ajax goes 4-3-3. Lots of offensive firepower, but... ;)

9. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Totally agree re. Ajax's requirement for a destroyer. I just want a better destroyer!

The Ajax-Manchester United game should be interesting. Ajax really did not have a good showing in last year's tournament.

Still looking for a bar in NYC that will show the Celtic-Ajax exhibition on Wednesday.

10. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    Have you tried "the Parlour?" It's home of the NYC Celtic Supporters Club. If they ain't showing it there I'd imagine you can't see anywhere in NYC.

11. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. I'll also make sure not to wear my Ajax kit.

12. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Hell, Litmanen is supposedly available--a return to Amsterdam?

13. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Interesting.

14. StEtienne

StEtienne Member

Mar 10, 2000
    USA
  15. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Had a blip on DailySoccer and Planet today regarding Liverpool wanting to take him off the books due to the Diouf signing, paired with Baros actually playing, and Owen and Heskey.

It's a believe it when you see it kinda thing, but it makes sense since Jari wouldn't see much playing time unless guys get hurt--which Owen and Heskey have in the past.

16. StEtienne

StEtienne Member

Mar 10, 2000
    USA
    In the great tradition of all Yanks Abroad posters, I think it would be good to see Jari go somewhere where he could get more playing time. I thought he did fairly well for Liverpool last year...when he got the chance to play.

Ajax would seem to be a good option. Wonder why he would rule it out (according to that extensive one-liner in transfer rumors)? Possibly just an early stance...especially if Liverpool might want to offload him?

17. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    I doubt Liverpool would ask for a large transfer fee (if any) for Litmanen. It would a question of finding a club willing to pay his wages, which is easier said that done.

And I doubt he'd start week in, week out for Ajax, anyways.

18. JAnderson14

JAnderson14 New Member

Oct 5, 2000
    Crofton, MD
    Pardon my ignorance, but what happened to Tomas Galasek?

19. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Pine, meet Tomas. Tomas, pine.

20. azulgrana

azulgrana New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    LOL!!!

Litmanen isn't coming cause his personal demands are too high.

Machlas could be sold to Spurs for about $5 million. Maybe then Ajax would keep Zlatan!

21. Brunssen

Brunssen New Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Ajax doesnt want Jari. They had a chance last year but refused. The only thing he brings is Champions league experience, however, Koeman and Blind can install some and coupled with some of their players experience in the world cup last summer it evens out. why would they want him anyway???

22. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Ajax Signs Boukhari

SoccerAge
    Ajax Signs Boukhari

Two days after signing Viktor Sikora Ajax signed Nourdin Boukhari. Sparta´s left winger signs a four year deal with Ajax. Boukhari made his debut for Sparta in February 2000 And in the 76 matches he played for the Rotterdam squad he made 13 goals.

The Beautiful Game
    Ajax spend again for Boukhari transfer

Dutch champions Ajax Amsterdam have signed their second player in two days with the acquisition of Nourdin Boukhari from Sparta Rotterdam.

23. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    A right winger now--makes you wonder if Wamberto has a future under Koeman.

24. azulgrana

azulgrana New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Wamberto plays on the left. Van der Gun, de Cler and Ikedia are the ones rumoured to be for sale.