Ajax Amsterdam, Home of Legends and Glory ☆☆☆ II [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Paganitzu, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Yeah, I was originally scheduled to think of going over the weekends of Sept. 17 and 24 and that would have conflicted with each other so I am glad I pushed the most likely trip time back to October as it won't be too cold yet and I have increased my odds of getting to see matches in both locations.

2. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Time for new thread :)

3. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    yes, the history of our logo, i think that is what makes the home cool enough, otherwise, it's yeah, as usual

4. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

While I dislike Arsenal as a club, Arsenal and Ajax should not be under adidas with the adidas template having those red stripes on the shoulders. You have to go with what ever shirt company will pay the money but that is my only minor gripe.

That said, Ajax have some extra transfer money thanks to my home/away kit order from the team shop. :p

5. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    will Anita change his number next season now that he's no longer a left back? or will that not happen because Enoh has #6? just wondering because i wouldn't want to have Anita #5 on the 11/12 jersey if he himself doesn't wear #5 on that jersey

6. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lindgren signs 2-year contract with Red Bull Salzburg.

[​IMG]

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    The 2nd version was only released yesterday so your patch for the away kit was the right one, for that moment.

I like the new home kit because of the We zijn Ajax bit and the logo's, but I have a feeling that it's because of our logo's on the back that they made our red strip too wide. Minor detail really since I will still be getting it because of those 2 awesome things mentioned which makes this kit more special than previous ones other than the fact that it will also be our first with the 3 stars for free.

8. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Got this from the Bayern boards, it's a very detailed list of the top 50 greatest European clubs according to the famed Football Pantheon.

http://footballpantheon.com/2011/05/the-50-greatest-european-club-sides/6/

I expected to see the current Barcelona team on top, but they are in 4th place with their reasoning being:

If Barca can lay claim to another CL trophy in arguably Guardiola's last season then they will undoubtedly, as they've put it, come on top in the list next year.

So who is #1 you ask? Obviously with me posting it here it's not that hard a question lol, but great news nonetheless.

9. Blind3

Blind3 New Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Media, PA.
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best of luck to Rasmus. He was a loyal, though oft injured, servant for Ajax.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would say a volcanic eruption, a 2 day bus ride and 2 huge blunders from the referees cost Barça the CL title that would have undoubtedly put them on top of the list. Not the depth of their squad.

Still nice to see them recognize Ajax though.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And check out who is ranked #14!!!!!

12. If a soccer journalist isnot capable of getting the European trophees won by a club right when pretending to making a table of the accomplishments of clubs ....:rolleyes:At least he recognized that Feyenoord was the club that triggered the socalled total football at Ajax.

13. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and still puts you behind us!

14. Now Co Adriaanse is back I can quote him:"That's score board journalism":D

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You still got a respectable 31st place. Of course that's not as good 10th but oh well...

BTW, Oranje '74 is only ranked 10th of the international sides. That's shit.

16. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands