Ajax 2015-16: What Will Frank Do?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    #51 Laurent75, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Wasn't saying that based on the yesterday game as I didn't even watch it.

Just on the impressions those two players left me from the few I've seen from them. Now DRB also states that he doesn't see anything special in Younes, I had the same feeling. Can dribble and eventually score against small eredivisie clubs like Sana was doing, but nothing more.

I can be wrong of course but it seems like Ajax went for cheap options again with this player while they could try to bring a more solid one. I'm sure that Twente would sell a player like Corona for 8mo in the current situation. If you can invest that on him you know that you have good chances to have a good player and to sell him for at least twice more in a couple of years. Don't understand why Ajax or PSV didn't go seriously for him.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Attacking players is one thing, but from the youth there is maybe something coming for that (though not now immediately), but what I do not get is that this thread/forum is not seriously concerned about Dijks. That left back spot. This is what Ajax is heading towards with him in the team:

[​IMG]

He has the potential to mess up a whole season, starting right with the CL qualification. Bring Owusu over from Young Ajax, bring in Lartey and play him on the wrong side. It does not matter. Everything must be aimed at kicking Dijks out of the team. Almost everything is wrong about that player.

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Younes can't replace Kishna because he's right footed. And I have to agree with those saying that he doesn't seem to posses any exceptional qualities.

Sanogo from what I've seen is absolutely horrible.

Dijks also a weak point. So we go from Boilesen with no back up to Dijks with no back up? Can we still get Urby back?

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Fischer is also right footed.

Dijks also a weak point. So we go from Boilesen with no back up to Dijks with no back up? Can we still get Urby back?[/QUOTE]
    At this stage in his career, Urby is worse than Dijks. Is he really under contract with Atalanta or just on loan from Roma?

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah Fischer also cannot replace Kishna. Cerny though.

Urby is on loan afaik. You're probably right that he's worse. Haven't seen him play in years.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    At least Dijks is doing one thing right!! As a long time yoga practitioner, I believe more football players could benefit gaining increased flexibility and less chance of back and hamstring injuries!

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This changes everything!:D

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like Cillessen is staying at Ajax for at least one more season. ManU have completed the signing of Sergio Romero who will be the #1 if de Gea leaves.

9. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I expect Savastano to take over the LB spot as soon as the winter stop.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ah. The famous we will fix it after the CL group stage method. Maybe Frank can make a step in his own development and find sh*t out before the season starts. It would be nice to see a Dutch team get past the group stage again. Of course in case of Ajax the group stage will be a big question mark in itself.

JC-14 and aveslacker repped this.
  11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He is listed on the CL roster that had to be submitted prior to the competition along with Murcic, Cerny, and van de Beek.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But also just as much a question for PSV who don't have to go through qualifying. Have to go all the way back to 2006-7 when PSV advanced to the quarter finals that a Dutch team made it out of the group stage. Pretty pathetic!

13. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I hope Ajax forces all youth players to cut ties with Raiola on penalty of expulsion...

aveslacker repped this.
  14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    While an admirable statement this violates laws regarding free trade and contracts. He's not the only unscrupulous agent around football. The only recourse Ajax would have is to enforce the contract they have with the player. For example they could have kept Kishna for this year and next (extend his contract) and plunk him down into Jong Ajax for the remainder of his stay. Personally, I think this is counter productive and Ajax did the right thing by selling him. I don't know if the Lazio transfer has been finalized as Ajax wanted the full €3M up front and Lazio wanted to pay in installments.

Regarding the youth players, this is something that's been happening for some while and it's not exclusively clients of Raiola that have been affected. Look at all the Feyenoord players who have left as youths, how many of them were Raiola clients?

15. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ajax refused to do business with Riola between 2004 and 2009. I'm not sure if there aren't any (soft) options of freezing him out.

The poaching of youth players from club academies is frustrating component of modern football and unfortunately even Dutch clubs are involved with it, but Raiola is an exceptional case as he regularly vents his dislike for Ajax in the Dutch media. Investing time and resources in a youth player who is managed by someone with an obvious grudge against the club just seems like a waste of time.

16. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Any streams for this game coming up? CL qualification starts today. It would be nice to have two Dutch teams in the CL -- even if I think that Ajax has done some pretty poor business this summer.

KPSmit repped this.
  17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  18. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    For those wondering it is currently 2 - 0 coming up to the end of the first half. Klaassen scored both goals with assists from Sinkgraven and Milik.

Starting to like Klaassen as the 10...he's so smart with his off-the-ball runs and his finishing is clinical actually for a midfielder. From the more advanced position he is starting to remind me a lot of Thomas Muller.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sopcast channel 143450 has a nice feed with German commentary. Ajax were horrible in the first 25 minutes but played more confidently in the last 20. Should have been another goal or two with better finishing. Sinkgraven is on the left wing in place of Fischer with Gudelj in the midfield.

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That is actually not such a bad equation. Not considered that myself. However Mueller is much faster than Klaassen, but both are very smart, can score a goal, work hard and are team players. Mueller of course able to operate from the wing, no way I want Klaassen to see there.

These were 2 really good goals. Smart goals. He takes the first one so smart en the header was also smart. Maybe one of the smartest players we have had in recent times. The embodiment of the fun Dutch word "gogme".

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I saw something from Gudelj that will give me nightmares when I decide to go to sleep. 18th minute I think? Horizontal pass to a player around the Ajax box by the opponent, Gudelj ball watches it, is in range to throw in a last ditch tackle to prevent a shot, he does not even move. He just watches it happening. It was surreal.

JC-14 repped this.
  22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @DRB300 - both he and Bazoer have been the weakest players on the pitch. You are right about the ball watching, amazing but at least he had a good view of the play!:D

23. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's hard to tell from the stream but we are lined up like this yes?

Tete - Veltman - Riedewald - Dijks
    Bazoer - Gudelj
    Klaassen
    El Ghazi - Milik - Sinkgraven​

? Although it has looked like Sinkgraven dropping back into midfield a lot. I could be wrong.

All I know is that Klaassen is quickly becoming one of my favourite players, if not my favourite. He's not your typical, flashy, technical dutch midfielder but he might be one of the most intelligent young players I've watched on a pitch, he gives 100% all the time and his first touch is just immaculate...like I can't remember seeing him have a bad touch on the ball very much at all in his career.

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can forgive his bad finish, but that anti defensive moment was just something that is impossible at this level. Can't happen.

I love seeing how Klaassen develops this season.

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks about right more or less. Same here. Klaassen could really be a very nice addition to our NT midfield. Adds goals, hard work, top mentality (professionalism) and is very smart. His speed can not increase, but he should make steps in his first touches and passing this season. If he ups that, we got ourselves something very nice.

I also like it for the Ajax fans that Klaassen is such an Ajax fan himself. Loves the club. That is nice to see in this time where making quick money over club love seems to rule. It is a healthy sign.