after watching... (R)

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by banbaseball, Jun 10, 2006.

1. banbaseball

banbaseball Member

Oct 10, 2000
    East of the Bay
    paraguay vs. england, i'm convinced that we have a very exciting team. for example, there were so many moments when either side made it into the box, and i thought GO TO GOAL! in most cases, england would slow down the play and take it out wide. and paraguay was just awful and boring. after watching three games in the WC, it's obvious that the U.S. could have beat all of the teams with only Germany giving us difficulty. i understand that this is the WC and some teams are playing conservatively but i have a feeling that the U.S. will come out much like Germany has. of course our defense will suffer, but at least it will be worth it to wake-up at 5:55 a.m. to watch one of their games! :D

2. DiscoWarrior11

Dec 27, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all the teams look rusty and tentative so far, except for germany... but I think that our speed could've killed Germany's back line and poor offsides traps.

after watching, I think the US could've beaten any of the teams that have played so far... and the we could've lost every game.

I hope that we're in better form than these teams.

3. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Mr. Croutch fell down too mouch. For a striker, that could make discomfort in tournament. I understand flow but I counted at least ten times. He went down pretty easily. I hope Team USA takes notice and tries to put ball in net. Some decent distance on that shot by Mr. BecKham.
    That is one thing Team Ecuador with size. A shoulder challenge and some were able to move through it. Superbly!

4. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really looking forward to some Netherlands/USA/Korea/Mexico (there I said it)-style ball control. The key lesson is DON't PANIC.

5. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After watching the England/Paraguay match...England shoots WAY too much and USA shoots WAY too little is one thing I realized. Another is that so far, no team that has played has looked magnificent but that might change once the Argentina/Ivory Coast game comes around.