After tonight's performance, what is your opinion of Lavolpe?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Hugo Sanchez, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oswaldo is a Saint.

2. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Get Fresh Lucha Crew!

I don't think this loss defines the Lavolpe era. I think the Confederations Cup, Olympics, and Copa America are his defining moments. All the tournys had upsides, but for me still failures.

I'm done hating. I'm growing indifferent to all the sad displays.

3. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Im honestly FED up with discusing LATORPE EVEN FURTHER. Stupid Thread .....He needs to loose his tsupid dragin ugly MOFO'S TIES , thats my only discussion about Latorpe

Why this thread anyways !!!!!!

JUst deal with it hes OUR NATIONAL TEAM COACH

4. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Player Selection

Player Selection

Player Selection

If I were a Chivas/Atlas player I would be en el Tri.

However, I would have to kill myself for being on Chivas.

But you guys get what I was trying to say.

5. b4d_m4thu

b4d_m4thu New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Laguna Beach, CA
    This wasnt his fault. Its oswaldo's fault we lost tonight.

6. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Actually it was the whole team that suck tonite.

7. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After tonight's performance, do you remember the actual polls concerning Lavolpe?

I certainly haven't been to a Lavolpe match since his first one vs Argentina.

And I had not even a tenth of a second in my mind wasted on analyzing whether I should attend tonight's match.

Absolutely pathetic.

El Pollo.

Ugh.

Zinha.

Whatever.

Chato's entrance.

OK, now I'm pissed.

Korea is shit, and Lavolpe's Mexico is even worse.

May God help us all this summer.

***The thread, subject and poll, is a joke reminder of the past. The sentiment remains the same. Que lo secuestren al guey.***

8. b4d_m4thu

b4d_m4thu New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Laguna Beach, CA
    I was saying "lost". Or else would of been a tie. We need Borgetti and Guille to actually have a offensive power. I still dont know why bravo is called up, he is trash.

9. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Ya parale a tu amargura Hugo jajaj que vida tan amargada Que Hueva :p , Que paso te sigues prostitituyendo con equipos LMFOL?

10. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After tonight's performance, what is your opinion of reading?

Si gustas entrarle, que te parece si te pones a leer un poco?

He estado aqui mucho mas tiempo que tu, y siempre escribo con razon.

Cualquiera persona con algo de cerebo puede recordar que yo he odiado al idiota tecnico desde el momento que llego, y en ningun momento me ha dejado satisfecho.

Fracaso tras fracaso.

Esta noche no valio para nada, pero aun asi, fue una oportunidad perdida.

En serio, si no se ponen las pilas este verano, cualquier oncena de jugadores que esten alineados en Alemania, vamos a regresar al apodo de los ratones verdes.

Mi amargura no tiene nada que ver con nada.

No me conformo pensando "bueno, tengo a un entrenador pendejo liriando a mi seleccion, pero pues asi tiene que ser."

No tenia que ser asi.

Ahora solo espero que hagamos algo este verano.

Y si no, pues ya viene 2010.

Piensale tantito la proxima vez que quieras responder.

11. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    There it is, right there. Maza, Huiqui, Osorno, Chato--get the fvck out. He gave Munoz far too much time; thankfully, he's not been called up for some time now.

Now I hear Ramoncito isn't going to Germany. WTF?!

Anyway, yeah--what bugs me the most are the call-ups. We should have known our final team long ago, and it shouldn't include anyone in the first line in my post. Fvck Lavolpe.

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    My main (Lavolpe) concern for this match was the player selection, mainly; Chato and Osorno. Huiqui I like, but he still needs polishing. Maza, had a good second half; obviously the game looks diffrent from TV but from the top view I had; his positioning, ball recovery and even passing was spot on. Back to the topic at hand; My opinion on Lavolpe; sans the questionable call ups, and looking past the frustration of watching the Tri-Color stink it up; I can understand why the team (tactics) played the way they did.. However it worries me that Lavolpe keeps bringing his pets, which can really hurt our chances in Germany; Chato and Osorno are the new Villa & Lara.. .

13. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    You left out the option:

Get Lavolpe a headset stat!

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    And who will be in the palco ejecutivo dishing out the orders ?

15. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Pues quien mas... Hugo Sanchez.

Fuera Lavolpe!

16. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

yeah, that would really work. Lavolpe would quit. hey, thats an idea.

well not really, de latorpe is an idiot

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    hey... do not bring me into this (poll) :D

I did not even watch the game. I was too busy playing winning eleven and totally forgot about the match...

i am like Hugo... i want 4 years of my life back and I am just waiting the post Lavolpe era

18. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    hey do you play online on xbox by any chance?

anyway, Guille and Borgetti aint playing(our 2 probably starters in the cup)and without Borgetti seems like the team just cant score..

19. Ecclesiastes2003

May 30, 2003
    To be fair, if not for "San Oswaldo" it would have ended 0-0. Okay, that's all the Lavolpe defending I've done these 4 years, time to get back to my default "fuera Lavolpe" rant. He is horrible and blames the mexican press for all his shortcomings. He acts as if being the national team coach is a burden rather than a privilege. The point of no return was after he said something to the effect of that there's no talent in Mexico (don't remember the exact quote), y eso no se hace.

20. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    I completely agree with the previous posts mention of player selection. Since the majority of the team plays locally, there is no excuse not to have the base of the team suit up and play. Last night, the team looked like they answered an ad to play a pick up game. The passing was atrocious, the communication was abyssmal, organization fatally flawed. Salcido out wide? Hazme el favor. I would understand a line up like this with 3 years to go before a wolrd cup, not 3 months.

21. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    i was mad with oswaldo last night.....but atleast it was a friendly game....imagine if somehow mexico made it to the world cup finals , and oswaldo does what he did yesterday, and mexico looses the final game....that would of been a lot worse

22. Danck989

Danck989 Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Canada
    No se puede forjar una opinion detallada o eficaz al juzgar la seleccion por el resultado de un partido en especifico.

Sinembargo durante este ciclo o proceso de Lavolpe los resultados no han sido precisamente lo que uno llamaria exitosos.Mas aya de lo que se haya hecho en la confederaciones y lo ganado en Mexico en 2003,no se a hecho nada que no haya sido logrado anteriorment salvo ser cabeza de serie.

Para bien o para mal Lavolpe va ser nuestro tecnico para este mundial,eperemos que los jugadores saquen la casta y demuestren de lo que estan hechos este verano.Recordemos como en los partidos de preparacion para el mundial de Francia los resultados fueron pesimos y de preocupacion y aun asi se tuvo un mundial muy memorable mas aya de haber dejado ir el partido contra Alemania.

23. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

to be fair yes oswwaldo made a mistake but with out him it would of been 3-0
    he did make 2 great saves and may i add that he wasn't the only one ********ing up......:(

24. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    well the two best chances were blown by the Korean attackers(the header and the shot from just a few meters of the goal..

25. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After tonight's performance, what is your opinion of Raul Rodrigo Lara?

To have 20/20 vision, if not for Korea's finishing, I'd agree with you.
    Exactly.

And to be exact, he did his "no hay talento, no hay un creativo, no hay un crack" bit HIS FIRST MONTH IN CHARGE.

The point of no return was when Hugo "withdrew" from the campaign.

He never stood a chance.

Odd how BigSoccer Mexico parallels Mexican football.

And to 1/4 of a person, you're right, I did forget the headset option.

Thanks for reminding me.

Sincerely.

I demand a recount.