AFL Round 13 - The Catfight [R]

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by Caesar, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    [result]The perfect way to go into the break for the boys in blue.

Fantastic result for Geelong, against the hot-to-trot Queenslanders. Probably the best win I've seen in years from them. Outlasted the Lions right to the end - not a high-scoring match, but an absolute ripper. The BS Geelong brigade better have been at Skilled this afternoon.

Trailing at the quarter and the half, the Cats just hung in there, playing catch-up but not letting Brisbane get away, and then exploded out of the blocks in the 3rd quarter. Exhilerating.

Props to Dave Johnson for keeping Akermanis out of the game, but MOTM for me goes to Jon Brown who had a brilliant game for the visitors.[/result]

2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I hadn't repped you already a few minutes ago for your "Go Quakes" comment in the current BSSM, I'd definitely be repping you for this. :)

Still reeling over this fantastic result yesterday, and will watch the replay yet again when it comes on Fox Footy Channel later this morning.

And good luck to your Bombers against Melbourne later today, too.

3. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't there more Catfights like Richmond - Brisbane, or Geelong - Richmond?

4. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geelong v Richmond in Round 4 was hardly a catfight... we beat the Tigers pretty handily. :D

The common denominator between that game and yesterday's was Ben Graham. Benny was fantastic yesterday in all facets of the game (marking, kicking, defence, tackling)... although I'm in agreement with Sam Newman that Graham should kick the ball long towards the big sticks whenever he has the chance, a "shoot-on-sight" policy, in effect.

Article from last Thursday's Geelong Advertiser

Meanwhile, Richmond play Brisbane away after the resumption of play following the split round.

5. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Yeah, but this is The Catfight.