Afghanistan Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by stimory, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I hope so!

2. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Afghanistan beat India by one goal in the opening match of South Asian Games.

3. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    well done to Afg. any match reports or highlights?

4. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Here a goal.com article on the match:

2010 South Asian Games: India Under-19 Lose Opener Against Afghanistan

The opening match of the South Asian Games football competition produced a surprise result as continental heavy weights India lost by a solitary goal against Afghanistan.

Despite playing with the U-19 team, India were expected to beat the Under-23 side of Afghanistan but Colin Toal's boys went down fighting.

A huge crowd gathered to watch the match at MA Aziz Stadium in Dhaka, Bangladesh and the popularity is expected to grow with hosts Bangladesh playing on Saturday.

Led by Pune FC striker Jeje Lalpeklua, the Indian boys matched their opponents for the majority of the first half.

However Afghani Midfielder Belal Arizou gave Afghanistan the lead in the 42nd minute.

The goal came after Indian defenders failed to clear the ball in their box which allowed Afghani midfielder Belal to find the back of the net from close range.

Through out the second half, Colin Toal’s boys tried really hard to equalize but the physical strength of the Afghani players played a crucial role in deciding the match’s result.

India will next be playing against Sri Lanka on Sunday, while Afghanistan will take on Pakistan on the very same day.

Goal scorer:

Afghanistan : Belal Arizou (42nd Min)

5. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Belal Arezou once again score twice for Afghanistan U23 against Pakistan to earn another 3 points. Afghanistan has now 6 points and is highly possible semi-finalists.

Afghanistan 2 - Pakistan 1

6. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Afghanistan qualifies for the semi-final after India 0 - Sri Lanka 0 result.

1 person likes this.
  7. shanipk

shanipk New Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Club:
    Everton LFC
    unbleivable Afghanistan has soccer team

8. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    they always had, which world you living in?

9. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    South Asian Games Semi-final:

Afghanistan 1 - 0 Maldives

Afghanistan faces Bangladesh in the Final. Congratulations to Afghans for this victory. And let's hope we repeat our victory of basketball where we won the GOLD.

10. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I hope the Afghan federation stick by this team and especially Balal Arezu. I beleive if a few more talented players from Germany come to the team too, we should be a very strong side.

Players like Harez Habib, Qademi etc only starred in the saff cup 2008 and thats it.

11. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Very good performance from Afghanistan,surely signs of bright future :)

12. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Afghanistan v. Bangladesh, 6:15 pm Bangladesh time (4:45 Afghanistan time)

Live on Tamadon TV of Afghanistan

13. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    any particular channel or Tamadon tv? can it be seen online?

14. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
  15. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice to know that they also have league or tournament in their country,
    this will improve their players which will a big treat to other AFC teams.
    As we all know that Afghans players have potentials on winning many
    championships in the future. :)

16. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    so where to now for Afghan football, any up coming tournements? Presidents cup entry?

any news on the federation trying to get more European Afghans involved in the national setup? (like Balal and the rest from Germany that used to get a call up?)

17. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    I guess World Cup qualifiers in October is next ?

18. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    There were big celebrations for the Afghan sportsmen in the South Asian Games, particularly for football. Balal has also came to Kabul with the team and was treated as a hero.

Alyas Manochehr, the Afghan under 23 team coach, said that they would rest for two weeks and come back for training.

I have not heard of any calls up for the European based players, but AFF is always willing to do so.

Ghazi Stadium is under construction and Team Mellie should practice in Urdo Ground or in Jalalabad. There is no fixture for the team by now and the 2nd Islamic Countries Solidarity Games are also canceled.

AFF held a seminar for the referees in Kabul and from the provinces just this week. In addition, one newspaper reported that a FIFA delegation will very soon come to Kabul, but for what purpose, the newspaper has not said anything.

And for the AFC President Cup, I think Kabul Bank should occupy one spot next year, because there are only 11 teams for this year and the number would raise to 12 next year.

19. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I hope the Islamic games are back. It will give the team more games to play as a team especially if we get Balal and other foregin players into the team. Having said that a friendly with a neighbouring country would also be vital for the October-10 World cup qualifiers.

20. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    I got some an e-mail from one of the national players. He says that there is no fixture for next 3 months. In 3 months, the team would travel to Germany for practice matches where the foreign based players also be tested and selected for the team. After the trip, the team will head to the Islamic Countries games (I don't know where it would be played and when).

Furthermore, in a very near future, the KabulBank team will travel to India for some friendly matches. It is a good news, because most of the national squad are coming from this team.

21. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    What happened to the foregin based players:
    Harez Habib
    ata Yamrali
    Obaidullah Karimi

Do you know which teams Team Melli will play in Germany and also which teams Kabul Bank will play in India?

22. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    I don't know about the selection of player for the national squad.

Today, Kabul Bank Team left for Bombay, India for some friendly matches. The opponents are not yet known for me.

23. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Kabul Bank in India

[​IMG]

Two sublime strikes by Kailash Patil enabled Air India to register a 2-2 draw against visiting Kabul Bank FC from Afghanistan in a friendly encounter at the Cooperage ground where a handful of spectators bore witness to the universal language of the beautiful game. After ninety minutes of free-flowing, end to end football, the Afghan Bankers performed remarkably against their professional counterparts, almost nudging a win in a frantic close to the game.

[​IMG]

Back Story
    Football, like many sports, was discouraged in Afghanistan when the Taliban ruled from 1996 to 2001. The national team attempted to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 2006 - after a self-imposed exile between 1984 and 2003. For players, a team like Kabul Bank FC provided the security of a job along with a rare opportunity to pursue professional football in the war-torn nation.
    That Air India took to the pitch with a lineup comprising of a string of players that had took on Sporting Clube de Goa in an i-League encounter barely twenty four hours ago at the very same arena spoke volumes of their commitment to this special friendly.

Kick-off!
    Surprisingly enough, the visitors immediately went on the offensive, using both flanks to good effect before finally opening the scoring in the 18th minute. A lapse in defense by the Airmen inside the penalty area provided the Bankers’ forward with a clear strike on goal – one that he grabbed instantly with a low, drilled shot past the hapless keeper and into the far corner of the net. Goal! 1-0 to Kabul Bank FC!
    The Airmen restored parity barely ten minutes later courtesy of a piece of individual brilliance by Kailash Patil. Displaying flawless dribbling skills to slalom past four Afghani defenders at the edge of the area, the striker unleashed a powerful strike that defied physics by rattling both posts before finding its target. Goal.1-1. The Equalizer!

24. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Kabul Bank in India

[​IMG]

Cheeky Chip
    On to the second half and Kailash doubled his team and personal tally with yet another beauty. Running on to a long ball from midfield with tha Afghan defenders breathing down his neck, the striker cheekily chipped the ball a good thirty yards over the charging goalkeeper and into an unattended net. Goal! 2-1 to Air India.
    Undeterred, the visitors marched on and responded within minutes to set up a fascinating final phase to the game. The Air India keeper was rendered helpless when a precise cross from the right flank was met by a powerful header from an unmarked Afghan striker at the far post. Goal! 2-2. Game On!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onslaught!
    It was all one way traffic in the closing stages as wave after wave of Afghan attacks pushed the home team back into their own penalty area. The Bankers came within whiskers of grabbing a winner on three separate occasions with their strikes on goal going marginally wide of the target.
    Eventually, Referee Bhatena brought the game to a close and it ended all square on a truly special afternoon at the Cooperage, an inspiring ninety minutes where all twenty-two players emerged as winners scoreline stating otherwise.

http://footballmumbai.com/Beta/inde...w=article&id=72:i-lg-09&catid=35:news-display

25. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Good move by Kabul Bank,it would be good if these players impress I-League clubs and manage to sign for them :)