AFC Wimbledon Promoted to Blue Square Conference Premier

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by edwardgr, Apr 25, 2009.

1. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A colleague of mine likened the rivalry between the Dons and MK Dons as all-out war. I don't disagree.

So the fans smashed the toilets, as you do, because no one ever needs to shit at a football game. heh

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

2. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah right lol. Don't get me wrong I don't condone it, but there again I'm not a Dons fan, to say that having their team moved 80 miles or so pissed off Wimbledon fans is a BIG understatement, I can understand why too.

3. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just making light of the situation.

I'm a dons fan and Akinfenwa and Taylor.

I love a good underdog story.

I love Brentford too.

4. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good man, I am a Chelsea fan (not a Johnny come lately though), I went to my first game at Stamford Bridge in 1979! I was obviously very young though! Wimbledon are just down the road really, Brentford are fellow West London boys.

5. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a California man. So... I told my honey that a bucket list item is to visit england and watch EPL matches. Most my matches are MLS or Liga MX due to time zone issues. Though, one of our local broadcast stations play EPL games on Saturday mornings (usually before I'm awake).

I'd also love to go to the smaller stadiums and watch some league 2 and some national league action. I'm a bit obsessed with the Concord Rangers too. But they're way down in National League South

The last time I watched Chelsea game was during the 2012 MLS All-Star match where they played us.

And last summer Sunderland came and played a friendly with my city's team. They played a very clean game.

6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am impressed by anybody (particularly foreign people from so far away) that has in interest in the 'sharp end' of football, I sometimes go to watch a club called Maidstone United who went bust in about 92, reformed and started again with no stadium at the bottom of the football pyramid, they were never a Premier League club but were in division 4 (now league 2) when they went bust. Me and a friend watched them play in what was little more than a 'village league' (Kent league div 4 I think), which was effectively games in the local park against village teams! Now 24 years and 9 promotions later they have made it back to the Conference (just one division lower than when they went bust), they have a small brand new stadium and get crowds of around 3 to 3 and a half thousand, its been quite a journey, keep your eyes out for them, don't forget to keep supporting your local team too! (as a Californian is it LA Galaxy?)

EvanJ repped this.
  7. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. I will look them up.

Im in Sacramento so i am a member of the supporter section for Sacramento Republic fc (soon to be mls). On the mls end, until sacramento gets promoted i support San Jose Earthquakes. I love galaxy despite the classico rivalry. Im a big keane fan and their gk Kennedy is very talented.

...and i miss beckham.

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does that mean you don't get NBC Sports Network? When NBC (broadcast) has the EPL, it's at 9:30 A.M. your time, which is in the morning but not extremely early.

I like Manchester United. As for liking lower level clubs, I like the name Kidderminster, but they got relegated to National League North or National League South.

9. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    930 is early. My fridays are really late nights typically.

Plastic Samsung Brick

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States