AFC Champions League 2011

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by jonny63, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Irmatov? Once again he proved that he's the best referee in Asia. Simply 10/10.

2. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    sadd day for asia

3. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    Wow, the stench of sour grapes here is overwhelming! I can understand the Koreans; Jeonbuk were excellent today and were desperately unlucky not to win. But of course there're the usual suspects who will continue to blame the big bad Arabs and their grassrolling, underhand dealings, cheating etc till the end of their sad lives. No surprises there.

I am by no means a fan of Al Sadd or the Arab footballing style, but give some credit to Al Sadd. They played the final on away soil and rode out the storm, scoring twice in the process.

4. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    malidives eh?
    anyway, you don't know the story do you?

Sepahan beat them home and away, but AFC made a ruling that Sepahan had used a goali in the home leg that was not eligible. That's how Sadd advanced to the next round. We know what happened in Korea.

Focus on Maldives my boy.

5. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    Yes I'm from Maldives. Does that mean I'm not allowed to have any sort of interest in Asian footie?

I am aware of the story. And if a team fields an ineligible player, by all accounts they are legible to be disqualified.

Just keep your personal prejudices out of footballing discussions.

6. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    1) that goali was ineligible to play for Perspolis, the team that he used to play in when he got the second yellow in, not in Sepahan. Get your facts right.

2) That wasn't even my point. My point was that they couldn't beat Sepahan in either home or away and they had to beat the Korean team by cheating. This is why everybody is pissed

7. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Sorry, but the previous comment was obviously about previous games, I watched todays game and didn't see any underhand tactics. No grassrolling, no nothing.

What I saw today was a Jeonbuk team that had more possesion, but they only ever had chances from set pieces.

The Al Sadd keeper at times looked flappy biut pulled off two really good saves.

The Jeonbuk centre back who was a tall lad looked commanding but scored that own goal.

Al Sadd took their chances and deserved to win being big under dogs away from home, I dodn't expect anything from them.

So tell me, underhand tactics today please?

8. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Point 1. The goali was ineligible, didn't matter what team. Sort this out man, you can't be suspended and think you can play by moving clubs.

Anyway, what does this have to do with todays game??

9. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Yeah he was good, but had to be reminded to send the player off mind.

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Sour grapes eh?

Fluke win in the final? How? Scored two away from home. The home team scored in the last minute of normal tie to take it to extra time? How is this a fluke?

11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Never mind him Fureeku, he and the like seem to think only a few are allowed to discuss. But give them credit, they live in dictatorships, so they try to dictate themselves.

They also have a right to nuclear energy.

12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    :confused:

13. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Puzzelled? Your obviously not Iranian then.

14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I am Iranian, but let me tell you what you are. A retarded opportunist little cockroach that just pops up every now and again, contributing with nothing but troll posts. What's puzzling is how you got to talking about Iran and nuclear program from ACL final. I guess that's what worthless trolls do.

Btw no one is stopping you from expressing opinion so to compare us with dictators is also somewhat strange.

15. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Sorry, but I've just given my opinion on the game, but I also saw one of your Iranian friends telling Fureeku that he is from the Maldives and like he shouldn't be here. I also don't pop up now and again, I'm here everyday.

So, the game today, how did you see it? You havn't told me? You think Al Sadd grassrolled to victory? I disn't. I saw them win fair and square.

16. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    First of all Im not Nima or anyone else. Contrary to your ridiculous prejudiced and retarded belief that we are all drones or "robots" I represent only myself. I guess that is hard for you to grasp being a cockroach that pops up here and there

And no, I dont think Al Sadd grassrolled to victory. They won the final fair and squaire though I would have preferred the korean team to win

17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I know your not Nimaa, I replied to a post that had replied to him, I never replied to your post, you took it up yourself, drone or not to challenge me.

And yes, I like your view on Al Sadd's victory, you didn't think they grassrolled. I didn't think this either.

Maybe, just maybe, Jeonbuk going 1:0 up changed the game for the better.

With regards to the game being hosted in one place. Great atmosphere.

If this was a neutral final, we would never have seen this atmosphere.

If two legged, Al Sadd would have parked the bus.

I think AFC have got this right this time based on this game, great atmosphere, great match, but only a grwt match after Jeonbuk scored. If they didn't score early, then we may have had a different game.

If the one legged final was played in Doha though, I fear there wouldn't have been an atmosphere and the game would have been a bore as Al Sadd wouldn't ahve taken the game to Jeonbuk. The AFC therefore were lucky on the luck of the draw for where it would be played. I don't know how AFC fix this as this was a great game, but every other will be bad.

18. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    You must be joking, right?

(4:30 is just too funny, I'm at a loss for words.)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omIM9m0JNGk"]2011 AFC Champions League Final Al sadd play - YouTube[/ame]

19. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Yeah, I must admit the final 15 minutes you could see this coming, that was a comical moment. But 80th minute is your best bet for a team winning away from home?

You want to show the Korean player who went down injured near the corner flag to win a set piece and his team mate to hit the Al Sadd player to get yellow and in turn get the Al Sadd player yellowed aswell for doing nothing?

Many times there were free kicks given to Jeonbuk and players wanting yellow cards shown when all they were was free kicks. Other teams, Jeonbuk players going down around the box and free kicks not given. Why? For diving.

Would you like to comment on the rest of the post a wrote or are you just going to pick out selective pieces to suit your mind, hoping that a day later you can tell yourself you was beaten by a team that once again cheated.

Lovely 2nd goal by Sadd by the way, any comment on that?

20. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Seems like you are holding yourself up on a pedestal because you are not much of a challenge being a troll that makes generalizations and puts words in people mouths.

21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Why don't you respond to my comments about the football? Why do you only ever comment things that don't matter?

Oh, and I'm not a troll, why would I be a troll when I'm talking about the football and you and your friends bring personal insults into the friends.

How is Nimma by the way? Never see you two in the same room. It's like you are one hiding behing each other.

Anyway, todays game if you would please.

Pitty, Sadd didn't qualify to defend the title next year.

22. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Are you playing the victim now? lol how rich Look at your own posts with your vast generalizations and then mull over why you get ridiculed.
    And yes you are a troll. That much is evident. You need to take it from a third party perspective rather than judging yourself.

Maybe I would respond to the football part if you would swallow your precious little ego and stop writing dumb meaningless posts.

I dont know how Nima is, how would I know? Its a forum, not facebook.
    And a few minuted ago you just stated that you know Im not Nima, and 1 post later say that? Confused much? Or are you a troll?
    Choose one of the two self-assf*ckages.

23. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Talk about football. If you want to accuse me of something then provide some evidence you prick.

You can't talk football, because you don't know football like I do. What are dumb meaningless posts if I'm talking football and your not. Dumb prick.

Talk football man, i mean, what a shame Al Sadd the holders not in it next year, but you can't describe your feelings, so what you doing here? Personal attacks???

24. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Blatant lying won't get you anywhere. I know exactly what scene you're talking about. The scene where Park Won-Jae won the FK and Al Sadd's Thair deliberately kicked the ball out and grassrolled to delay more minutes.

The clip that I brought up didn't have that particular scene, and you think it's opportunistic to make something up so as to support your crooked argument of yours? That is very Al-Sadd like.

25. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Thats not blatant lying, the Jeonbuk player swung at him. You watch it again and again. The lad kicked the ball out, but wouldn't you in that situation? Or do you be fair play and get caught out running back into position? Grassrolling or not, a player goign down adds on injury time anyway. All it does is break up the play.

Think again Woorijim, I didn't make it up, you just chose not to see it. So don't accuse me when I'm neutral and your supporting one team in this.