Advertisement Ideas for USWNT Member(s)

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by ralmcg, Jul 11, 2015.

1. ralmcg

ralmcg Member

I am thinking about the commercials that members of the USWNT. An idea of mind is inspired by a 2011 commercial done by members of Nadeshiko in Japan. They were in a locker room and one of the players mentioned going to place where they can eat and do karioki, which the others agreed to. They had a good time there. In the USWNT version the team members go to Dave and Buster's, which has food and games together. What are some ad ideas you would like to share?

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    NWSL clubs should put together commercials. Run them on the streams. Post them on their sites. Put them on local tv channels. Something like this:

[fade in] Julie Johnston in US uniform.
    [voice over] Julie helped America add a third star to their uniforms by winning the World Cup
    [cut to] JJ in her Chicago uniform.
    [voice over] The uniform she wears for her day job already has four stars. Ur support helped them win in Canada. Now u need to support them in the NWSL

lil_one repped this.
  3. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Is Ritz crackers a USSoccer supporter?

4. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer players chewing trident gum, isn't that one of their sponsors?

5. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    They can revive the Slinky, it's a wonderful toy.
    For a girl and a boy.

If Kelley O'Hara can revive a chocolate milk commercial, then the entire team can get the slinky to be a fad again.
    [​IMG]

6. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

These toys were entertaining as heck when I was a kid. I used to put one on top of the stairs and let it go down by itself. I hated when I tangled them up and ruined them though.

7. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    I'm thinking of Abby in a commercial similar to Peyton Manning's United Way spoof on Saturday Night live:

https://screen.yahoo.com/snl-digital-short-united-way-000000258.html

Abby is well known for her "salty" language in huddles. She is also known for her competitive spirit and her willingness to criticize referees during matches.

My thought: Abby is retired and playing in a local coed adult rec soccer league. Two of her teammates are in the foreground talking about who's got the unenviable job of telling Abby she's kicked off the team. In the meantime, Abby's in the background playing in a game. She's cursing out her teammates for not trying hard enough. She's exploding at the refs. She's basically being a jerk. (The writing has to be absolutely perfect, so it doesn't go over the top and make her look TOO bad.) I think a commercial like this would work for a sports bar chain like Buffalo Wild Wings or Champs. Maybe even a beer commercial. I think she's got the appeal to cross over with both men and women. People would eat her up!

8. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would Don Draper do?