Adu (EJ at camp): Aris - Paok (Playoffs) Wednesday 5/19 14:15 EST

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by nick_3f, May 17, 2010.

1. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    now we just have to wait and see if Cuper still wants him...:p

2. PPN13

PPN13 New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    I dont think so.

3. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had to go to work and missed the last minutes but great win for Aris, very happy:)
    When does training start up?

Adu was a bit disappointing today but he did win the penalty that won the game and hustled all over the field. He just looks out of sorts some times, like he's not on the same page as his teammates. I think they don't trust him yet.

All in all , he was very disciplined again but he needs to get the spark back eventually, I hope.

ps- If Spain doesn't win it all, it will be very disappointing...I just want someone different to win it for once.

4. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry, double post.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Alright.... that aint too bad.

They just have to win 2 matches before the group stages right?

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think next season will be really important for Adu and EJ(if he stays). They will have the chance to really work with the team and a great coach during a whole preseason and season. They will play in Europe League as well where they will have a great chance to show themselves at a International level.

I am very confident that the team will be better next year and I don't care if we will bring big names or completely unknown players cause it will be players that Cuper wants in the team and players that he thinks can play the role that he wants them too.

Im very positive about the two Americans too, I think they were among the best players in the team in this little time that they have been in team. EJ was really good during the playoffs and Adu was good too and he didn't just score or make assists he also won penalties and were involved in other goals and he is always a threat for the other teams defense.

If Adu really works and puts alot of effort in he will become a starter and a great player, I think it's completely up to him.

7. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Thank you everyone! Thank you Adu for the win.
    25 seconds away from 2nd place against AEK. Never mind

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  9. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes we will start in the 3rd qualifying round, then its the playoff round then its the group stage. So it's 2 double matches for Aris before group stage.

We are exactly in the middle of the list of weak teams and the strong teams, so it's not sure yet if we will have a "easy" opponent or a "difficult" one.

We are ahead of paok in the ranking and they will be one of the "weak" teams in both Champions League and Europa League so probably they will first get kicked out in the first qualifying game of CL and then in the playoff round of EL so they wont play any group stage at all:D:p

10. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to say thanks to our Greek friends and have a great summer and I'll see you guys on the Adu thread with updates I'm sure.

Let us know when you get that new sponsor so I can get my jersey.:D

Something to drink!!!

[​IMG]

Take it easy guys...

11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It will be announced soon, maybe this week or the next. The main part of the preseason will probably be held in Austria like last year. The temperature is really good there and there is loads of places with good facilities so many good teams always make their preseason there. So possibilities of playing against good teams are better there.

We can open threads for the preseason games too if you guys want, but its always hard to find streams if they are not playing in a big stadium.

12. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    This old man is from Crete though...

[​IMG]

13. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  14. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No fear Aris fans, Fulham started this year in the 3rd round of Europa in mid July, and made it all the way to the final!

(with an American left midfielder too!)

15. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    [​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi8zQq5BuF8"]YouTube- ARIS - PAOK 3-2 Play Off Superleague 19-5-2010[/ame]

16. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We will know our opponent the 16th of July and the games will be 29th July and 5th of August.

17. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    A hell of one I might add. I really liked Dempsey in the few Fulham games I watched. That goal against Juve was great (although I'm not sure if he meant to do that).

18. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure he did.:cool:

19. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching Clint over the last few years, he totally meant to do that! This is a guy who does ribonas in his own half to start counterattacks! lol

20. gabbar

gabbar New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  21. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  22. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to think when Clint went to Fulham and could barely make the bench and rode pine most of his first year everyone was down on him and many thought he had made a mistake going to Europe but he sure proved everyone wrong!

He's always been one of my favorite players and he made quite a name for himself and is a great pro, our best field player. (when/if Donovan goes to Europe he can take the title I guess)

That goal against Ghana was one of the best moments of the last dreadful WC.

I remember them ragging on Dempsey on the Fulham message boards and pretty much wanting to get rid of him and just pretty much disparaging him any chance they could and now look.:D

Viva la Dempsey!

23. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow this article is great!!!! When was it released? Why is it dated 24th of may 2010?

24. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adu had a similar start with Aris, except Adu didn't score against Liverpool the last match of the season to keep his club up. Freddy is in a good spot right now. Here's to a strong season next year for Aris and Adu.

25. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude has a computer that can go into the future.;)