ADO Den Haag

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Gedonder, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Gedonder

Gedonder Guest

To my surprise I don't see a single ADO Den Haag thread on here. I just wonder what you guys think of their team. Why are they doing so great? Is it just luck? Are they just like how Heracles was last year? Maybe, but maybe not. Maybe they aren't the second version of Heracles. And maybe they are able to continue this magnificant performance next season?

2. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    ADO Den Haag has more potential as a club than Heracles, but it will be interesting to see how they'll do next year. Can't predict yet, but I won't be surprised if they fall back some places next year. Doesn't have to be bad, they must first become a stable top-10 team before they can become more.

3. xyz1000

xyz1000 Member

Jan 8, 2003
    ADO Den Haag signs Paul Mulders from AGOVV.
    http://www.adodenhaag.nl/adodenhaag...=/adodenhaag/nl/html/algemeen/home/home.pshe

Maybe not a big deal here, but to fans of the Philippine National Football team, this is a big, big deal. He has already expressed interest in playing for the Azkals, and so discussions about his citizenship has appeared in the boards.

The critical question is whether his mother retained her Filipino citizenship when she was naturalized as Dutch. My question is, what was the process of naturalization around the early 1970s when married to a Dutch? Did she have to just register or did she have to take an oath to explicitly denounce her previous citizenship?

Would appreciate help here. I'd post this in the Philippine boards but I figured I'd get better insight here.

4. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    As far I know it has never been obligated to give up a citizenship to become Dutch.

But I never lived in the 70's, so I can be wrong.

5. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Depends if the Philippines allow multiple citizenship or not.
    In Holland you can have multiple passports, no problem.
    Especially in the 70s they didn't make much problems about anything in general. :cool:

6. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    he Paganitzu can you do something about my profile.
    I can't do anything on this forum but posting.
    Not editing my profile, opening topics, editing posts, watch other profiles, send PMs etc. I get this message. The only point that's possible is no4.

pablo85, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If you have just registered, you have to activate your account by confirming your email. You can do this by clicking the link in an email we have just sent you. Please check your bulk mail if you do not see this email.
    2. If you are new to BigSoccer, you must participate in several discussions before being able to start your own thread.
    3. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, limited it for disciplinary reasons, or it may be awaiting activation.

7. xyz1000

xyz1000 Member

Jan 8, 2003
    From the little research I've done and read, it looks pretty good for ADO Den Haag's Paul Mulders. In Dutch nationality law there's an exception to those naturalized -- if she marries a Dutch national she doesn't have to give up the other (Philippines) citizenship.

Now I hope the paperwork is in progress to Mulders a passport and don the Azkals uniform. On paper it would make him one of the highest, if not the highest, level footballer in the team.

8. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    In the future you should privately ask one of the moderators something like this, but I'll work on it.

9. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    yeah, but I couldn't sent private messages, I could only reply if you first sent me a PM. But it's all good now thanks.

10. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    hmm that monster of the laakkwartier died. Don't know him but feel sorry for him not to make the european tour of den haag after 25 year or so. (http://hardcorehooligan.nl/ )

11. xyz1000

xyz1000 Member

Jan 8, 2003
    Paul Mulders had his first cap with the Philippines yesterday, playing left-back! Left-back of all places, but that's because the PHL is lacking in depth for that position and he's considered versatile and better than the other options. It did look like he was out of position, but the skills, compared to those around him, were at a higher level.

This was a 2014 World Cup qualifier. PHL home game on Sunday.
    PHL 1:1 Sri Lanka.

12. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Looks like ADO barely snuck by a Lithuanian team in Europa League qualifiers today. I wonder if Verhoek played and whether or not that means he's cup tied now?

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes but the team consisted of a Seedorf, who had a total screamer of a goal against ADO. ADO also played with 10 men for a good amount of time, so they really did nice in the end stage of the game.