Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Nemeziz is a bad boot. I don’t know whether I have giant feet but I couldn’t get the boot on it was so narrow. Such a weird concept too. I do like the new Predators I have to admit they are a nice book not worth the £ that Adidas want for them though.

I think Adidas have gone as far as they can technology wise. Let’s face it as a company they usually wait for Nike to come out with something big and copy it but try to one up it. For example we will put collars on our boots too but we will take the laces out. So I bet Adidas are a bit stuck right now until Nike bring a new concept out.

I do want to get a pair of the current X mainly because I love the spearmint colour I think it looks great but if that colour hadn’t been released I wouldn’t be bothered about trying them as a boot. I’m hoping I can snag a pair of a friend at the end of the season so I don’t have to pair £200+ because I don’t think they are worth that at all.

For me it’s always going to be Nike that are the leaders of the pack. Puma always seem to be way ahead of their time and people never seem to get it so don’t buy he boots it’s been that way since the V1.06 they brought out the first material boot and carbon fibre sole but people didn’t jump on it I think it’s the same with releases after that. And like I said Adidas just copy Nike.

Anyone in the UK that does want a traditional Adidas boot cheap. Sports Direct are selling off the Kaiser 5 in Red, Blue, White for £40 which is an absolute steal.

appleCORR

jayc23 and Jaxinho repped this.
  2. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    It’s not possible for me to agree with this even more. My exact sentiments. Ever since 2015 adidas has just gone downhill with their ‘innovations.’
    The Copa seems to be an afterthought, the Predator 18 is living in its predecessor’s shadow, and the Nemeziz is unnecessary.

I understand the hype over the brand though, seeing as their street/casual wear and running lines are doing well. The people who swear by adidas are at their local sneaker store sporting NMDs and some classic adidas tracksuit.

jayc23 repped this.
  3. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I agree with some points but Nike has almost always pretty much copied everyone else. They are just better are marketing it IMO. The "new" Phantom VSN just seems like a Nike version of the X17+

I do agree that Puma seems to be way ahead of its time with many products. The Current Phantom lacelets seems like a straight copy from the old Puma King EF+.

Even the high-collar concept was nothing new. Under Armour was due to release one almost a year before Nike and we laughed them out of the room. Of course the product was not as nice as the eventual Obra and Superfly (in terms of quality of feel).

I will admit I'm slightly biased against Nike but I used to a huge fanboy until they decided to screw up the vapor.

I do think though, do any of the three big brands have identities anymore? What are they?

BBeast10 repped this.
  4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have a random question and being as he’s an Adidas sponsored play and it’s usually an Adidas boot ....

What boot is on top of the EPL Golden Boot? It’s been a predator for as long as I can remember but I don’t recognise the current one!

appleCORR

5. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    IMG_3274.JPG IMG_3273.JPG the actual boot part has been the same for a couple of seasons and just looks like a generic boot

derbyyank13 and appleCORR7 repped this.
  6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for that - I know you've been on the board for a while, remember Case? he was asking me which boot it was and when I looked I had no idea! But you are right looking back its been that very Sunday league looking trophy for a bit. Gone are the days of the iconic looking Adidas boots!

appleCORR

7. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it’s still the precision for the La Liga Golden Boot

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suppose maybe they had to go for something more neutral due to players sponsorships. They couldn't have the big name of Nike holding a Predator boot. I remember that happened with Ronaldo one year.

appleCORR

9. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Also won’t help with Nike being a sponsor of the EPL with the match balls and also the award being sponsored by Cadbury’s

10. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Reminds me of when James Rodríguez won the WC 2014 Golden Boot and I went absolutely insane over those gold F50 adizeros. AD9E8A3F-01FF-414C-998B-AADC9937AF0B.jpeg

appleCORR7 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  11. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Threw up some older adidas f50/mania and other boots on the swap shop if anyone is keen to take a look :)

12. TouchofOzil

TouchofOzil New Member

Arsenal
    Germany
    Dec 14, 2017
    Taste the rainbow. These are the .3s. I have high hopes for the new Xs judging from the takedown

Attached Files:

derbyyank13 repped this.
  13. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    They honestly look like toys. And not in a good way.

gusgorman and jayc23 repped this.
  14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have to say none of them appeal to me - I still like the Predators and the colour Adidas are releasing for the WC and I'm looking forward to the traditional Predator colourway they are due to release in August (I think?) but the rest of their stuff I can take or leave at the moment - I'm always wary with laceless Adidas boots I think unless you have them custom made which is impossible they are always going to be a sloppy fit.

appleCORR

Jaxinho and jayc23 repped this.
  15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    328858C7-8B96-4CAD-B3D7-2B7727D70240.jpeg

These are just going to fly off the shelves aren’t they? Actually let’s face it they aren’t going to make it to the shelves!

appleCORR

derbyyank13, newone88 and cadmonkey12 repped this.
  16. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I wanted to see from adidas as their World Cup pack colorway for each silo, so that every boot looked like a predator from the stands...
    [​IMG]

17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Absolutely. They will disappear immediately!
    I agree. I absolutely love this colourway!

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The black/red/white is the next pack isn't it due out until August is it? I think it would have done Adidas a massive favour having it as their WC pack. I can see why Adidas have gone for a neon pack because they stand out on the biggest stage of all - but this is where i think Nike have been very clever having every boot white in their pack - in fact you actually can't tell which boot is which from a distance but that 'unity' sort of gives Nike the edge over Adidas on the pitch for me. It's like the Nike players become a movement.

appleCORR

newone88, derbyyank13 and Jaxinho repped this.
  19. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    I didn't think Nemeziz are so bad, the fit was pretty spot on for me and comfort just wearing for a short time isn't bad, pickup games or something like that. Though it did seem my feet would get more fatigued wearing them during longer, competitive games or training sessions. Not bad, but not something I'll be buying again.

Mine are starting to split after around a month with them.
    IMG_20180613_115901.jpg
    IMG_20180613_115751.jpg

20. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    sp.. pics of the new Predator Accelerator/ultraboost are out.

chinese forums did a comparison of them with the OG. you're welcome in advance! Footyheadlines and company. hahaha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    OOOh yes.

22. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  24. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WC2018 Copa Mundial for referees...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gusgorman, derbyyank13, MRBA and 2 others repped this.
  25. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Absolute beauties. I'm loving the all white sole.