Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    [​IMG]

so on a side ntoe, seems like the leather Preds will be coming after all. On sale in HK apparently.

once a nicer colourway pops up with discounts i'll probably be all in on a pair

2. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    yeah, saw this as well earlier today. I heard from friend that they were supposed to drop early 2018. They look more Ace than predator though :)

3. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I went to the Adidas Outlet Store at Las Americas, on the California-México border and I saw the Predator 18.1s in what seemed to be a handful of sizes. Tried on my usual size 7.5US (25.5cm) and as usual with adidas it was a tad bit too long.
    Size 7US, meanwhile, is too small. I can never win with this brand.

Oh, and they were still priced at $225. Adidas still a not stingy with their sales and outlet stores. Haha!

newone88 repped this.
  4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It might sound stupid me saying this as it might seem obvious, but I think with the new Predators you do need to get the perfect fit with them because I could see the creases that get made in the Predator elements being uncomfortable and the actuaI Predator elements not working too well for you. I got a size 7uk and they do look like a small size 7 when you look at them and when it came to putting them on for the first time I did think ‘I need a bigger size here’ but once I’d sweated to get them on because of the stupid shape of the collar they fitted my foot perfectly. So I guess I just got lucky.

Not turning this into the Nike thread but just commenting on what you said about the price of outlet stores. I live close to a Nike outlet store and they used to to be really cheap but recently they have really whacked up the prices. I was looking at the football boots the other day and they were selling boots like the original Magistas for £100 usually there can be a discount upto 50% on football boots but they seemed to have dumped that idea. So over priced for how old they are!

appleCORR

gusgorman, derbyyank13 and newone88 repped this.
  5. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious but you do realise Adidas 7UK is actually 6.5UK?

If in doubt compare the US sizes to your other footwear.

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You do know I’m from the UK don’t you? So I do actually get a pair of size 7UK boots. I know there are sizes between the UK & US and this could be where the confusion from my post came from but when I mention 7UK it’s me getting size 7 shoes in the UK I can see the various US sizes on the box.

appleCORR

jayc23 repped this.
  7. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Yes I do know you are in the UK, so am I.

And no, when you buy a pair of Adidas 7UK you don't get a pair of 7UK, you get a pair of 6.5UK. Adidas UK sizes are incorrectly calculated. Thats why I suggested looking at the US sizes, which are more accurate.

appleCORR7 and jayc23 repped this.
  8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well the size I got fit me fine I’ve got no complaints with them. And now I’ve got myself a little shoe horn I can get them on in a few seconds rather than messing about with them for 10 minutes! ;)

appleCORR

Pangu and gusgorman repped this.
  9. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Hey guys, just thought id ask a quick question. A short while ago i bought a pair of used manias that were pretty banged up, in the champage colourway. All original, no box however. the studs were pretty well worn, the leather paint had worn a bit but there were no marks etc. i actually wanted to wear them, so i put in new adidas studs, new laces and gave it a new white paint job. now i dont use them so im trying to sell them, just not sure if its worth it? any advice would be much appreciated

10. Ninety+

Ninety+ Member

Mar 24, 2010
    just thought i would throw this out there. I received a pair of the red 18.1 ones recently and after giving them a serious look over, i noticed that in the correct light i was able to make out a very very faint boost pattern through the front part of the sole plate. Now i know this boot is not supposed to have boost in it, thats why I'm wondering what this pattern could be. I'm very stumped. could it be that there is in fact some boost in there? would love if someone dissected a pair

11. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have been told from a pretty reliable source that these wont be mass produced and only coming to markets in Asia, ( don't quote me on this though). I do think this boot is pointless as a whole if you're not going to go full leather don't bother. As for sizing I went for my usual 26cm as I do in mostly everything which is normally a UK 7 in most brands but in Adidas a UK 7.5.

gusgorman, derbyyank13 and newone88 repped this.
  12. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Aha, legit? Well, if anyone wants i can keep a look out for them.

I agree that there's not much point in having leather on it, especially if its this new skeleton cage leather style. Only bright spot is that they've got the control element on the midfoot, but tbh if there aren't any rubber elements on the k-leather.. what's the point lol.

looking forward to when prices drop for the preds though!

meh, I'd rather them not have any boost tbh. Interestingly enough for me. The boost insoles that came in the Purecontrols worked better on boots WITHOUT the boost outsole. I tried them on the Obra 2's and felt more of that boost feeling than i did with purecontrols. wasn't much, but enough to surprise me

23ninety repped this.
  13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Now sure if the exactly title but does anyone know when the olive predators are out? I know it’s this month sometime.

Thanks,

appleCORR

14. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Should be out this month but I'm not sure when. I believe the color is called trace olive or something like that and it will be released with the rest of the "lone hunter" pack....Adidas must be running out of colors and names for these packs

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I read on the boot calendar that’s it was early January. But apparently these boots won’t get any on the pitch promotion which seems unusual & they are going to be out in limited numbers. That’s what I read anyway.

appleCORR

16. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Can pick up glitch starter pack for £195, wondering is it worth it?

They have 50% off on the starter packs which should be £159 but it's coming up as £195.

17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    All ther reviews i've heard suggest they aren't worth it at all sadly. how are you getting them in so cheap!?

18. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Some people posting photos on IG saying they will be released on PDS soon

upload_2018-1-3_22-4-3.png

19. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I actually love my glitch, they are a pain to get on initially and definitely do need breaking in, but they are a good boot. No better than the purechaos, but the personalised approach to the boot gives makes you feel ownership like no other boot currently.

If you're keen to try it i would definitely give it a go :)

appleCORR7 repped this.
  20. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Looks like they are coming out tomorrow

appleCORR7 repped this.
  21. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Glitch app is offering 50% at the minute. Only reason i'm really interested in picking them up.

22. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Wonder if anyone tried the Copa Gloro 17.2 before?

Found they are on sale and available in adidas uk , with an extra 20% promotion offer.

Just not sure about the size as they suggested to take at least 1/2 size up .Would be appreciated of any share of experience.

23. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    In my experience NEVER go half size up with adidas as they are a little bit long as they are.

24. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Funny because i would always go half a size up in Adidas compared to Nike/Puma, etc.

Oli Coultas repped this.
  25. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Yet again this confusion is caused by the broken Adidas UK sizing!

If you are going by UK sizing you need to go half a size up in all Adidas.

If you are going by US or JP sizing you can normally go true to size.