Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Was looking at their rugby series and it does look like their rugby predators look more like predators, no leather, all hybridtouch but it does have predator rubber elements.

2. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    This made me look at ProDirectRugby's collection of adidas boots. The Predator Malice looks so fiiine. I can imagine the looks at fútbol practice. :D

jayc23 repped this.
  3. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I got my Predator Malice last week. They are amazing. The tongue is similar to that of the new Copa but from a thicker material. The fit is amazing and they are a joy to kick with. And they look amazing in all their colourways IMG_20170719_172943_871.jpg IMG_20170719_172943_872.jpg
    IMG_20170719_172943_870.jpg

vanjory, jayc23 and newone88 repped this.
  4. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    when you say they are a joy to kick with, are you referring to rugby balls or footballs HAHA.

Yea, they do look pretty decent, might consider them especially as their soleplate is the one i really loved from that Adizero samba pack. not too long for AG, yet had great bite on the field for acceleration.

5. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well ive kicked more rugby balls than footballs but it strikes both cleanly. It give a nice ping when you strike. It fits nice and snug with minimum breaking in required and its comfy. The only issue i have is the same I have had with a few boots including my ACE 17s is the collar tends to dig into my ankle bone on one side so thats the only breaking in I need. But it feels like a Predator. Unfortunately it doesnt say that anywhere except on the box. But they are smart like that. But you will turn a few heads. Additionally the Flare and Kakari light offers options for those looking for comforts closer to the Ace and X but in more subdued colours downloadfile-35.jpg downloadfile-31.jpg downloadfile-45.jpg

6. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Hey all,
    For anyone who's ever tried on 11Pro 2's (calf leather ones), did you go down half a size?

7. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1607 Soccerstyle09, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    I did. I usually wear a US 8.5 in adidas, but for the 11pro 2 I wore an 8.

Currently, have the Copa 17.1 and really love them. Have to fiddle with the tongue a bit when Forrest putting them on but after that they are great. After trying the new Legend 7 and the Puma one 17.1 on, the Copa 17.1 was hands down the most comfortable out of the box, to me at least. The legend 7 is nice but Nike sizing just messes me up and it's been the case since the legend 5. If I go with my adidas size Nike boots feel too small, but when I go up half a size they feel just a hair too long and a little less in sync with my foot when it comes to touch. Anyway, frustration aside, took a couple of pics after playing in them a couple of times.

Attached Files:

8. Bat-Trick

Bat-Trick New Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Anyone know what's going on with the predator precision remakes? Haven't heard any release news and I thought they were going to be coming out soon.

9. schmizzle

schmizzle Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Kansas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't been on this site in years, but as someone that lives in the USA, is there any possible way to get the Adidas Glitch? Do I need to get in contact with someone in the US or Germany to be a proxy for me or is there some way around the location restriction of buying them?

10. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Only way to get the glitch is UK or Germany, so yeah you would need a proxy or pick a pair up on ebay.

11. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I have a feeling we will be seeing the Precision released soon.

Adidas site we ordered from at my old job said 8/15 release. Normally translates to 9/1 actual release date (or there abouts). Plus ProDirect's twitter "randomly" sharing a gif of Zidane from 2000...

Also one of the shops here (Union Sports) said stay tuned Friday 9/1 for an adidas launch (though admittedly that could be the Pyro Storm pack launch).

Either way, I would start keeping ya'lls eyes peeled.

12. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Do we know if these are going to be limited edition? (I'm guessing they are....)

I've spent far too much money on turf shoes over the last year, not because I've been buying lots of different models for the sake of it, but because I haven't really liked anything I've bought so the search has gone on and on. I was going to try to hold back on buying any more for at least 6 months, but the photos of the turf version of these looked good...... although I should have learnt by now not to be tricked be glossy photos that look cool online.

edit: I've just read the article on footyheadlines and at £250 I'm out anyway :(
    http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/07/adidas-predator-precision-2017-boots.html

13. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    They were always going to be limited edition...unfortunately :'(

14. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Really annoying.... heres something that loads better than everything else we release at the moment but you can't have it and probably wouldn't want to spend that much money anyway.

derbyyank13 and Jaxinho repped this.
  15. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    and your bots ready, probably the only way to get them limited editions aha!

gusgorman and derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Anyone has/has tried the X 17.1s on hand or on feet, is the upper softer than the X 16.1?
    Don't want my toes dying again but I really love that Dust Storm colorway.

17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  18. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think, for once, I am not bothered to pay the up-charge on secondary sites for a boot...considering two pairs, actually. Curious how much that could ring out to be for these.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    It is my favourite Predator. I am wholly in agreement with you.

Pangu and Dr. Boots repped this.
  20. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is so sad it will be limited........ :cry:

derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I this had my favorite rubber placement and at the time the direct injection outsole (Copa style) was great...I thought the heel could have fit a bit better and that is where I think the Mania was a tad ahead of this one, although I think the Mania had too little rubber on the upper.

The adiPower is still my top performance model of the Pred, mainly because the heel was snug and the toe box was so round that it really worked for my foot. I avoid blades like the plague now though, so this is a nice middle ground between all the things I want:

External heel counter
    Best rubber placement
    K-Leather
    Rounded toe box of the Ace
    Conical studs

Only wish they would have have done the white/sliver CL/Becks model...this was the second best color to that one.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  22. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah I was at school in the UK at the time they launched and there were two lads in my boarding house who played for Derby's academy and were sponsored by adidas. I was super jealous of them. I always wanted a pair and never got around to getting them. Of course several of the more well-off kids had them too.

I'd say that would be a great Pred if they came up with what you wanted. But I don't mind the blades.

And agreed, I don't know why they chose the blue rather than the white - maybe its because they released the white Manias earlier this year...

23. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They are out and Prodirect sold out within 5min, so again thats how limited the release was.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  24. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Still available in here in Japan but they are over $400!!!!!!! Holy f*************************************************************************

That's way too much

Jaxinho repped this.
  25. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    derbyyank13 repped this.