Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for the double post ....

I've been wearing my 17+ in games and when I train but I'm still getting crazy stud pressure from just one of the studs on my left foot (my standing foot) I would have thought it would have passed by now but it's starting to give me a bit of cramp. I've been wearing the boots mainly on turf and other than that particular stud the boots are fine. Can anyone offer any tips? The turf is brand new and has shock pads laid under it. Also, can anyone offer an tips on how to soften up the primeknit at the front of the boot?

Any tips would be great - just thought these teething problems would have passed by now.

appleCORR

2. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Is it one of the studs close to the ball of your foot? I had problems with adidas boots in that area with stud pressure. Had to sell them as it didn't seem to ease.

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's the one opposite that under the ball of my little toe - it's so painful. I usually get cramps with Adidas boots when I first wear them but I've been wearing them for a while now. I would have thought it would have eased off a little.

appleCORR

4. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    I know in general you're happy with FG boots on turf but do Adidas offer an AG version of this?

tbh I don't know why I'm replying because I don't get on with FG on turf anyway... even the conical FG studs on Morelias don't feel right to me.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Usually I am - as I said I usually get cramp from Adidas boots when breaking them in but I thought that period would be over by now. I did think about putting the other insole on top of the boost one for a bit of extra padding?

And thanks for answering lol.

appleCORR

6. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Anyone else had a chance to play in the Copa 17.1 yet?

I've got the turf version and have played in them for between 5 - 10 hours now, and I don't like the compression tongue. The main problems with it are:

1) The "compression" aspect of it is just rubbish. Just to make this clear for people that haven't seen these yet, the compression tongue isn't just a tongue. Its made of an elasticated fabric material that actually wraps all the way round your foot inside the boot to hold your foot in place, and because of the elastic nature of the material it applies some compression to your foot. IMO this actually slightly restricts circulation in your foot.

2) Protection. A leather boot would normally offer you decent protection but with these you've got the fairly thin elastic/fabric material right down the centre of the boot.

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dug out my Primeknit 2.0s for a kick about today & I think Adidas soles are just designed to wreck my feet! :(

appleCORR

8. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    IMG_0256.JPG
    just scored myself a pair of these on sale.
    question is how to comfortably hide the laces. i feel like the knot is gonna be uncomfortable.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  9. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Anyone have any ideas how much these might be worth?

Attached Files:

10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Need more photos of the med/late sides and outsole. Pretty sure that was the $29.99 (in 1990) take down of the the WC90 boot line named after the ball. Adidas did that for a few WCs w/boots and balls.

11. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd just let the knot sit outside the lace cover if possible, no reason to hide it if it sits near your talus/superior to your mid foot in dosiflexion and plantarflexion.

12. AkkaKenji8

AkkaKenji8 Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What's the sizing like on the purechaos and the primeknit 17.1? I am a 10.5 in all Nike boots, currently wearing Vapor X, the only adidas boot I own is the regular 15.1 in a size 10 but those were reeeeeeeally tight. I can sometimes fit into a 10 in adidas, so should i do a 10.5 in the X/Ace?

13. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    i wear magista us9
    i have tried the new superfly and i fit in us9
    the ace 15.1 fg i wore us9.
    and purechaos i wear us9.
    so ya. us9 all the way

14. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    kinda defeats the purpose of the lace cover but ya ur right. it doesnt feel well when the knot is resting and being pushed onto from thr lace cover on my midfoot

15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I argue that it doesn't and that the cover serves a purpose (possibly) more for the midfoot than talus area...aside from a volley there is very little ball contact w/the talus area of the foot in virtually any technique of shooting or dribbling.

I'll also state that I think a lace cover is kinda gimmicky at best and serves little if any true purpose; it's splitting hairs that don't matter IMO...a needless feature w/no real benefit. Aesthetically it can look cool, but for me that is about it. If the regular X boot was the same upper as the Chaos, I'd go for the exposed laces every time.

jayc23 repped this.
  16. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    @Dr. Boots these are the only two other pics available.

Attached Files:

17. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    i meant it defeats the purpose of it being aesthetically more pleasing with the laces hiding under the lace cover.
    i agree to what ur saying. but i never tried the x16.1 with laces so i cant comment. is the upper diff on the x16.1 without lace cover?

18. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm surprised Adidas even brought back the whole lace cover idea. I thought that would be in the mostly dead gimmick category, but maybe they wanted something that set their new releases more immediately apart from Nike. I still think it's funny how Nike initially kind of laughed off the lace cover idea with the CTR, which actually moved the laces to the "strike zone."

19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Gotcha re: lace cover.

Yeah, the Chaos is about 100x softer and more malleable. The X is hard as a rock.

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm pretty sure those are the lowest tier takedown. Aside from WC90 nostalgia, they aren't worth much.

Alex57910 repped this.
  21. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Awesome thans mate I appreciate that

22. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    which i dun understand. i have the X tango tf and they are super soft and amazing. i guess they just want ppl to pay more and get the purechaos.

23. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah but it's interesting to see how many pros prefer the standard X16.1 over the PureChaos, and it also interesting and mildly frustrating to mention that the X17.1 is just the exact same boot, with a new graphic design.. yet to see if the uppers will be actually softer, sure someone here can comment on that.

24. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would bet that many of the big name players are getting a softer upper or a completely different one; there are a lot of examples of that boot being highly modified even if isn't disguised like Bale's.

Personally I like the fact that it isn't changing much - I am not trying to be obtuse and disagree w/everyone - I come from the days of 2-4 year boot life cycles on "new tech" where some slight mods were done, if at all. I think that is best; kinda like a design life of a car before total refresh...it takes a little time to get the real world kinks out before perfecting it. If we have a totally new boot year after year they never actually get good or dare I say great in the rare instance because of planned obsolescence, which I f'n hate.

It also appears that the upper is one unit, at least for the synthetic, not a transition between two materials so other than possibly some engineering relief/restriction added to key areas, we're prolly looking a pretty soft boot w/a nice uniform feel.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  25. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I feel like Adidas could use more consistency at the moment, so I don't mind the new X not being too much of a change. Ace is pretty much a different concept entirely from the first model. Messi boot went from something f50ish to a ridiculous sock thing with the Nemeziz or whatever it's called. Wouldn't surprise me if the new Copa line is gone after a year or two.