ACN 2010: Semi-final #2

Discussion in 'Africa' started by kwame_tdot, Jan 25, 2010.

1. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Thursday, 28 January 2010
    Benguela

Egypt v Algeria

Time: 1930 (local time), 1430 EST

2. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Egypt hasn't been beaten in this competition since 2004 by Algeria!
    So Egypt has the record of 17! games without losing. So this game will be interesting to watch.

3. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Also Egypt has lost all 4 matches to Algeria at the African Cup of Nations.

4. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wonder who will "win" by a refereeing error in this one. They can't both "win" again...

5. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    A lot of tension between the fans of these 2 countries after the last few times they met in the WC qualifiers. I'm sure Egypt is looking for revenge, should be a good match.

6. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    should be a good game.... this is like a US playoff format.. we just had the western conference final...now for the northern conference final...:p

7. wiswis

wiswis Member

Mar 27, 2004
    This is would only come out of jealousy. Guys stop the BS

8. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    3 red cards wow

9. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    This should answer the question of Beautiful Game 2010.

10. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    The ref destroyed the game by sending off the first algerian for 2 very soft yellows, then algeria self destructed. The reffing in the tournament has been terrible.

Terrible show from algeria in the end with all those reds. Were they too stupid to realise their suspensions will be applied to the wc.

11. wiswis

wiswis Member

Mar 27, 2004
    Guys stop the BS, Did you watch the game? Three deserved cards. and I don't prefer any of the the two teams over the other.

You should be dissussing why would teams like Cameeron and Nigeria, etc...

have very good players (first class players) as Individuals but are worth nothing with their teams???? Is it just coaching? or the players just play for the money? or what is it?

12. Sapientia

Sapientia Member

Jan 12, 2010

hmm actually if YOU watched the game youd notice teh first yellow card given to their no 5 wasnt justified one bit, i can accept the foul in the box and the warning given (yellow card) minutes later,...but at this point it should have been the first not the second yellow,i mean at some point the ref was distributing them like flyers, pk+two yellows=red=expulsion=turning point of the match..being led 1-0 but still having all of their key players still in it, the game would have been approached differently. but when u see the coach sub a mdf/forward for a defender to compensate theres no hope of any comeback, thats it, you have just handicapped the opponent enough to ensure total annihilation and it just got even more ridiculous by the end ( 11 vs 8? ) two more red cards granted they were justified but at this point the game plan already changed the second keeper had to be subbed out for the third in line(first debut) ..at the end of the day.the history books will only remember 4-0, a victory yes but with a sour aftertaste, i really wished the ref didnt kill the game like that i was looking forward to watch them go at it for 90 mns, but it effectively ended by teh 40th minute

13. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Scanadalous...

You weren't talking seriously in the first place were you?

The 2 nd yellow card to Chaouchi was the most retarded refereing decision I've ever seen in my life, first of all the GK didn't touched the player (replays showed this) but Egyptians are great comedians, and secondly the ref expelled Chaouchi without actually calling for a penalty in favor of Egypt ! :eek:

The 2 nd yellow card to Halliche was a joke as well, the ref called for a legitimate penalty but after solid protests from Egyptian players, he changed his mind, called Halliche and gave him a 2 nd booking obeying to his "masters". The first one wasn't deserved either, it was a very ordinary aerial contact as it happens all the time during football games but Al-Hadary was determined to expel at least one of our players, we all had the opportunity to see his talent as a comedian when he dived over Yahia (who wasn't even facing him) and faked injury as if he was a victim of an assault from the Algerian defender.

I admire and salute our players for restraining themselves, If I was in the pitch I would have fu**** that so called reff in a way that he won't walk on his foot again.

It couldn't be worse from this aspect, even if we had Essam Abd El Fattah taking charge of this game. Egypt has a pretty good team they weren't really needing those "gifts".
    I am not questioning the competence of Kofi Kodja but his moral integrity or alternatively his sanity.

What suspensions ? Algeria still has a game to play against Nigeria and the coach was going to rotate the squad anyway.

14. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Re: Scanadalous...

he didn't call a penalty because the play was stopped the Egyptian player was offside and that was clearly a yellow card he deliberately tried to kick him, he shouldn't have even been in the game at that point anyway

15. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

Then Gedo should have gotten the yellow card for wasting time and continuing the action despite the call for the offside. The Egyptian striker dived and faked pain anway. (Replay showed this) and that's what 'convinced' the reff to give a 2 nd yelow card. The way the penalty was executed is scandalous as well. It's actually illegal to stop at halfway during the execution of the PK. That's why Chaouchi lost his cool.

16. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This game was not normal. The referee has greatly influenced the game and effectively killed it by the 40th minute. So many wrong decisions. He even refused to shake hands with Algerian players. Where do I start, the first non-existent yellow for the Algerian defender, then the 2nd yellow after 2 mins of Egyptian protests....the other 2 reds were debatable, the illegal way of taking the penalty, and the goalkeeper had every right to protest, and therefore should have not been booked. The red was such a shame, as replays show that the goalie didn't even touch the Egyptian player. The Egyptian player should have in fact been carded for continuing unsportsmanlike play after the whistle was blown for an offside. Even in the 90th minute, a team playing with 7 players on the field with only 2 defenders, and he adds 3 minutes added time, 3 goals down, its like he's saying, go ahead Egypt, take advantage, score more goals! Any other respectful referee would have ended the game in sympathy. You see it being done week in week out. Absolute shame and disgrace. This game should be investigated, it literally had the full package of referee mess ups.

17. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    I agree with the first red card being a bad decision (after 2 weak yellows), but the 2 and 3 were rightly deserved.

18. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ok like I said, they are debatable....but what is your take on the other mishaps of the ref, they cannot all be a coincidence, after all, we all know CAF lives and breathes in Cairo, they tried hard to screw over Algeria for the World Cup qualification, but they failed, for example, what other team in the world would get attacked, and then still be forced to play? We've seen many examples where the team is automatically awarded the 3 points. Or the game against Rwanda, two very clear goals not counted, as to effect the goal difference so Egypt has a chance to come back?....Im not the only one saying this, the Algerian technical staff, the Tunisian sports analysts and media, the French analysts and the Media. Even the Algerian coach has said that things went behind the scenes that if revealed will cause a war!

19. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Egypt has surprisingly consistently had decisions go its way for 4 years...

20. Sapientia

Sapientia Member

Jan 12, 2010
    :) not just the past 4 years but thats another debate, oddly enough 4 years takes us back to 2006 and for me this is the turning point of egypt's so called african soccer domination, Egypt met Senegal in the semi finals the game ended 2-1 in favor of teh pharaohs but in this game the ref was very very merciful with egypt (hosts) as he did not count a penalty kick after a naive tackle from one of their defenders inside the box, this was at the..low and behold.. 89th minutes!!!everyone was shocked at the blatant bias, had he given it, the game would have had a different outcome for sure, they might not even have won the cup in 2008 either but in 2006 they eventually went to the final to play IVC, which they tried to intimidate by all sorts of unsportsmanlike means, prior to the game, the elephants showed great resilience until they eventually lost in the PSO ... . and thats how you win titles...yesterday's Algeria-Egypt semi final confrontation was one of those parodies it's not even funny anymore, yet they fail every WCQ campaign they undertake that only requires them to be part of the top 5 amazing huh? yet the reasons are pretty simple!. anyway this is Africa for you ;), the whole continent is plagued by incompetence, and corruption...

21. kmarei

kmarei New Member

Oct 13, 2009

the first yellow to the algerian goalkeeper was not deserved?
    this is the same goalie who head butted the ref?
    he should have gotten a full red for that one
    and the other red was not deserved?
    full tackle with both feet aiming for the egyptian players ankles?
    you're not from algeria are you?
    :)

22. ALGmoeCFC

ALGmoeCFC New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Yes I am, thank you for asking :)

And is that it? What about other events huh? What about all the other inconsistencies? Everything was against Algeria, or will you deny the fact? Will you deny the fact that the Referee greatly influenced the game? The evidence is out there, and it has corruption written all over it! I would have rather lost to Ivory Coast!...btw, were not being sore losers or anything, congrats to Egypt, they did play great, but we feel like we didn't even get the chance to compete, because we had to compete with the Ref first, and that is deffinetly advantage Ref!

23. wiswis

wiswis Member

Mar 27, 2004

The referee did not influence the game, Algerian players did. This is not the first time where a team gets a red card in a soccer match (even if it is not fair hypothatically saying) that does not give an excuse and does not take credit from the egyptions. Algeria could play soccer instead of making their emotions control them. After the first red card Algeria gave up and forgot about soccer.

24. Movistar

Movistar New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Damietta-Egypt
    do you consider a tckle from behind in the area while the striker in a 1-on-1 position with the keeper a "soft yellow" ?!!! it should have been a direct RED !

Do u often watch football ??

25. Movistar

Movistar New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Damietta-Egypt
    do you consider a tckle from behind in the area while the striker in a 1-on-1 position with the keeper a "soft yellow" ?!!! it should have been a direct RED !

Do u often watch football ??