News: AC Milan Unveil David Beckham

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Dec 30, 2008.

1. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    he wasn't getting paid $250 mill.

all the incentives and packages were worth up to that amount.

but his salary was actually a little over $4mill i believe.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Didn't want to go there but since you brought it up, I know exactly what his MLS salary is and he makes 4 million in his sleep.

3. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Well then don't hold out on us! What does he make?

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought you didn't want to talk about the MLS in this thread? Anyway, if you want to PM me we'll talk! ;)

5. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pretty sure I haven't said anything about that.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Apologies. I got you (kckal) confused with Kqql.......who knew?

7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i see this thread has been nicely hi-jacked by a hater. if you don't like the guy, don't post in here. to say something about him not being worth $250m for 41 games is straight ignorant. everyone knows that deal includes everything he could possibly make in the states, and those of us who are paying attention know that la are on the hook for about $4m a season.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not true. I worked for AEG while they owned San Jose so you can believe what you want to or believe the crap they preach but I know the facts and have seen the books. Also, when did I say I didn't like him or for that matter, talk of hatred towards David Beckham? I never said that! Just because I think a player isn't worthy or deserving, you equate that with hate? What does hatred have to do with anything? I'm talking about the truths of the player, his skills, the games he has played in and facts, nothing else. I think you should keep your hatred comments and accusations to yourself!

9. sanda

sanda Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Virginia
    http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=118337

THANK YOU, FRIENDS!
    3/19/2010 12:17:00 PM
    David Beckham writes to Milan. The English champions sens a beautiful message to the Rossoneri: "I thank all of you for the love you have shown. Good luck for the final part of the season!"
    MILAN - A special message, written with his heart: it's sent by David Beckham to Milan, a few days following his injury and tendon operation. He's always close to the Rossoneri's squad and the English champion wanted to send a message full of affection to Milan, where he wishes good luck for the final part of the season. This is the message that Leonardo read to the team before the training session this morning. "To the coach and to all my friends I want to wish them good luck for the remainder of the season and I hope that you will bring home the league title. I would also like to say thank you to all of you for the support and love that you have all shown to me following the Chievo match, I was touched and I know that I have real friends in the team. I hope to play with you again and to be part of this marvellous club. Once again thanks for your love and good luck. Ciao, David."

10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

so his completely out of the season?

11. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    yea. he's supposedly out for at least the next 5 months.

i'd be surprised if he's back in 6.

12. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Falvo I think what they are trying to say is that talking about the "worthyness" or "deserving-ness" of a player when he has suffered a possible career ending injury, it just sounds a little like sour apples and hatred. I am sure you don't mean it, but it's just what it sounds like.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never thought he was a bad player just that he wasn't/isn't nearly the player everyone makes or wants him to be. I just believe he is overpaid, overhyped and overrated and I think the media has made him into something more because he is an English player. My opinion.....

14. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fair enough. I am of the same opinion, some what. I always thought he was over rated and over hyped until the second half of his last season at Madrid. Most prima donnas like Dinho or Fatnaldo would have sulked in the corner, but Beckham put his head down and worked and worked until Capello had no choice but to play him. He did the same when he was cast out of the England squad.

He is not as talented as a lot of people make him out to be, but you cannot deny his love for the game and his will to work hard. If players like Dinho and Fatnaldo had his work ethic, they would have eclipsed some of the greatest players in the game of all time.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well of course. I don't think any player has any business being a professional if he doesn't love the game. That should be the will of every player who steps on a pitch.

16. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    O.k, we got it already !!!
    You don't like Becks and are bitter about how MLS gave him big monies, etc
    and are Rejoicing in Becks Injury, you said here yourself....
    ->
    Oh.... now you claim, he actually made more than $6.5m/a season in Salary since you worked for AEG and have seen the books.

Well where is the proof?... If you going to claim something in Public Forum, then post a proof w/it. Otherwise it's all HEARSAY !

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Huh? Are you kidding or what? I've already to you stated , if you want to email me in private , I'll tell you anything you want to know! You never did so whats your problem now? I don't have to post anything to you or anyone else on a public forum just to prove a point. Do you get it already? Se mi vuoi scrivere in italiano va bene pure! Ti diro' tutto!

18. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    I don't have a problem nor I asked you for anything on MLS stuff.

IMO You just trolling here...
    Last I checked this not A MLS FORUM !

ANYWAY ! If you going to claim something in Public Forum, then post a proof w/it in Public. Otherwise it's all HEARSAY !

----Falvo its' really sad you are rejoicing in Becks Injury
    Why are you so bitter with AEG and Becks?

[​IMG]

19. xamaicano

xamaicano Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Not as bad as his detractors make him out to be nor not as good as his fans think he is. In his prime he was a great midfielder but unfortunately since his fame and income has now disproportionately exceed his ability he is largely discredited by some even in England. A bit one dimensional but has the ability to impact games with his best attribute, his passing which was utilized to great effect during his time at United.

20. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, it should be. But reality has shown that it mostly is not. All I am saying is that few players that are in the media quite as much as Beckham (if there is even a player who is in the media as much as him) actually continually show that work ethic is quite rare. When you can afford to buy a new audi every week and get away with whatever you want, you are more than likely to get entitled to this behavior. Beckham still managed to stay away from that and continue to show this work ethic. That is something to be respected.

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hey guys what's going on in here?

To the poster that reported posts some 5 or 6 times. You can't just report posts because you dislike what the poster is saying. People are entitled to a different view point than you, especially when they express it within the rules of BigSoccer. All you did was spam our mailboxes on Saturday morning.

Falvo, you made your point but it doesn't seem like you are going to win any converts to your church. Maybe it's time to drop it now, no one likes to see a player they admire kicked when he's down.

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so no WC? :(

23. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003