Abigail and Boxx named to FIFA Women's World Stars Team

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by FearM9, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Idgie_no10

Idgie_no10 New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Agreed, but I'd like to add Moström to your list as she made a great impact on the style of play.

IMO, Marta was not as dangerous as in the recent UEFA-cup match Umea-Frankfurt. Though, fun to watch nevertheless.

Err, well, I disagree with the first. BTW, let's only talk about the german first half, since the coach distroyed the game with her silly subs.

Allthough it was their best match this year before halftime, you have to consider that both teams didn't mark their opponents that hard, so the german MF looked better than it actually was. Meinert and Wiegmann had no match practise since the WWC, that was evident - and Idgie Lingor still missing due to injury. Though nice game by Odebrecht and Garefrekes.

And for the latter: If and when the coach stopps experimenting with players obviously not fit for the intended positions, and instead begins to rely on players playing on their most effective positions (which IMO are known), yes: Then the team may be on a good way. Seems like we've got the same discussions as with the USWNT.

Guess, that's the swedish style, quite the same as Umea with Frankfurt.

2. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

does it mean she is going to be a good left back ?

3. Hamm-star

Hamm-star New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    not all of the 91ers are past their prime. I would most certainly say that Mia is at the top of her game and a better player then she was even in 99' or prior to. she continues to improve. and she has been instrumental in the scoreing this year. whether it is putting the ball in herself or assisting.

4. Hamm-star

Hamm-star New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not surprised that Abby was comfortable moving into the back line. she is a good defender of the ball as a forward. she has committed herself to that part of the game under Hamm's tutiledge. does not matter what part of the field you defend. the principles are the same.

5. Skalman

Skalman New Member

May 21, 2004
    Sweden
    I think she meant that Abby is, or will be, a complete player.

6. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

I'm not really agree with " will be " but, i respect her opinion.