A Question for Republicans

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Microwave, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    how can you look yourselves in the mirror and not feel sick over what you've supported for the past 30 years?

2. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a lot about the current GOP I dislike but I am enormously proud of the Republican Party; despite the criticism President Bush defended the nation against terrorism following 09/11/01; it was Republicans that wanted more regulation of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac and Democrats that refused; Bush fixed the recession of 2000/2001 without raising taxes or spending trillions and expanding the government; and Republicans always support the troops - now the Obama Administration is calling returning vets terror threats.

How can you support Obama without puking?

3. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    This thread has to be a joke.

4. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    It absolutely is not a joke.The Republican party is a complete disgrace and any fiscal conservative would admit that. The Republican party is a war mongering party that votes for massive spending and Nation building which are the opposite of conservative values.

This is not the party of Goldwater.

5. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Ok the Republicans win on Fannie/Freddie but even Ron Paul was opposing that and he ALSO opposed the Iraq war. As for the recession, Bush didn't fix it - the markets fixed itself despite Bush putting us into even more debt by giving away rebate checks to people twice. You think those $600 checks he sent out in 2001 really solved the recession?

I don't support Obama anymore. I supported him when I thought his economic team was rarional. His spending is out of control. That doesn't excuse the Republicans.