A plea for help...

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Goodsport, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I truly apologize to be asking this. I've never done something like this before but the situation is pretty desperate. :(

In short, after having been unemployed for most of this past year (with only some sporadic temp assignments here and there), I finally ended up missing the last few car payments and it was recently repossessed. :( Since I'm also taking care of my elderly parents, it's become doubly urgent for me to retrieve my used car as soon as possible.

I set up a GoFundMe page here and would appreciate any help that you can spare.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you again.

-G

2. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donated. Let us know how it goes!

Goodsport repped this.
  3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you, Geneva! I definitely will. :)

-G

4. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I apologize for reviving this thread again after such a long time. If I fully had my way, I'd hope to never had needed to again. :(

However, there's now perhaps among the most urgent of matters - in retrospect, I probably should've posted this somewhat earlier, but we've been so busy (and continue to be) trying various methods of resolving this. :eek:

https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-my-parents-keep-their-home

We even were only recently informed about out how we can avoid this again going forward (assuming this can resolved in time, of course)... I wish I'd known about it earlier. :(

Like before, any amount of help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all again.

-G

6. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, it seems that you will not be able to raise funds in time to save your parents home. I hope the lender will work with you and reconsider. If not, I hope the funds raised will be useful to relocate your parents and for you to become their paid caregiver seems like a great option that I hope is approved. Please let us know.

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for the concern and the kind words, Geneva! :)

There's just been a situation update posted there, including an explanation for the now drastically lowered target price.

-G

8. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that as Gofundme keeps us apprised. I wish you all the best, and wish I could contribute more. Life.