** A New Era - Rebuilding the Azzurri

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Do not want Conte. Hope he stays away.

2. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i kinda of have a gut feeling we are either going to be stuck with Di Biagio (making permanent his caretaker interim role) or Mancini will leave Russia.

3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Conte doesn't want the job

Falc repped this.
  4. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    He got the Ranieri treatment.

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wouldn't mind Di Biagio, I really like him and think he can do a great job. He already knows many of the U21 players cause he worked with them.

6. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    why did you get a yellow bud?

Deleted User x repped this.
  7. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was insulting a certain country. I did it because I was asked why I did not like a certain national team, and even said I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just explaining why I did not like a country and their national team. However the mod didn't like it. Anyway I am not worried. I get a red, then I make a new account immediately. Don't worry about it.

8. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Did you refer to said country as a shithole?

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No I didn't use any curse words. I just talked about how I did not like a culture of a certain country and got into detail.

NickyViola repped this.
  10. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    you must have hurt someone's feelings. probably some loser Democrat

11. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you like Di Biagio? did you not watch the U21 tournament? He got tactically outclassed by the Czech coach. The effin czech republic coach!

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    U21 means and never really meant all that much. I can't really name too many players who played for the U21 teams that were successful who transitioned into the senior team right away. Maybe the 1986 squad but can't name too many others...

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure Mancini will be next in line. Depending if the FIGC can afford him....

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I did watch the U21 tournament, yes, but other than the Czechs he did pretty well. He experimented a little against Czech Republic, and it costed him. However the rest of the tournament impressed me. He got the win against Germany when needed it badly to advance.

14. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what exactly tactically impressed you about him??

yes we did need to beat Germany... but dont forget a 1-0 loss was ok for Germany as well so they didnt push to tie it

15. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well I didn't pay very close attention to his exact tactics but here is the thing. I saw so much team spirit and fighting under him. I mean the passion and the team was united like crazy. Extreme urgency as well. I saw this in both 2015 and 2017.

2015 we were very unlucky. Yes Sweden maybe we screwed up a bit but Sturaro did get sent off for something silly and that gave them a penalty. We completely outplayed Portugal, and that was a team that smashed Germany 5-0 in the semifinals. Then we did amazing against England. Very unlucky against Portugal not to have won.

2017 also a little unlucky. Did well against Denmark, and yes screwed up against the Czech, but beat Germany pretty good. Yes maybe Germany could have dealt with the loss, but still. Also I think we did surprisingly well against Spain. We were really fighting hard until Gagliardini got sent off and that is what killed us. Bernardeschi even equalized after the sending off, but the 10 men did cost us eventually which allowed Spain to score 2 more goals. But even with 10 men I never saw us give up.

Remember in the U21 team, players are still young and do stupid challenges and get sent off. Many of the senior team players know better and we will probably not be so unlucky. Di Biagio maybe isn't the best guy for the job, but I would prefer him to Mancini or Ranieri. He has shown he can coach a national team with the U21 side. Ranieri other than Leicester has not impressed me. Greece was a disaster under him. Mancini is so so. The only coaches I would take over Di Biagio right now are Conte, Ancelotti, and Allegri. Allegri is not available. Ancelotti is and Conte might be soon, but I am not sure if they will be willing to take the job.

16. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ya that's right. I watched this game live. great spirit. we need spirit, something that has always been important to good Azzurri teams

17. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    Sorry but i must say. 2015, Sweden - Italy,

"we were very unlucky. Yes Sweden maybe we screwed up a bit but Sturaro did get sent off for something silly and that gave them a penalty."

Well we gave you a penalty too before that and we got a red card pretty important detail, but again. you guys was unlucly ^^

18. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    @Italy-Azzurri-Fan

What country were you insulting? I'm asking because your trolling of the Premiership and England in general is epic. Was it England?

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nope. It was Nigeria in the world cup forums.

20. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know much because I didn't watch that game, and yes I do know you gave us a penalty as well. We were a little shaky. I really have no idea what happened 100% as its the only game I didn't actually watch. However I did know the thing Sturaro did was just really silly as I saw replays.

21. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018

Yea we had luck we got a penalty, true, i think a draw was fair. But that Swedish team, damn we had luck every match except against Denmark. Even in the qualify we scored a goal in the last minute so we qualifed. But the team showed a really strong team spirit. Well the only gold we have for national teams hehe

22. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

are you going to be happy if we miss euro 2020 but the team is "united like crazy" or whatever bol$hit you are saying here

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No I will not be happy if we miss Euro 2020. But seriously who besides Ancelotti, Allegri, and Conte would you rather have other than Di Biagio?

Please don't you dare say Ranieri. He completely failed with Greece. He only had one impressive season in his career and that was with Leicester. He even cost Juventus the title one season when they were on top and Deschamps resigned.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #175 falvo, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Deschamps resigned while in Serie B and there was no way any manager on earth will have taken Juventus to the Serie A title their first year back in the top flight. Not with Inter and Roma playing the way they were.

Had they not been depleted after Calciopoli , then maybe Juve could have won it all in 2007/2008 but that wasn’t the case. You had an aging Delpiero and Nedved and even though they contributed and winning the scudetto at least in that season , would have been a miracle.

Like him or not, Ranieri actually did well that year at Juve and that was why he was retained the following season. As far has Greece was concerned , he had the players for a total of two weeks altogether when he was shown the door. I doubt anyone else will have done better. It’s not like they improved after winning the Euro in 2004.

What Juve should have done was loan Ibrahimovic to another team when they were relegated instead of selling him outright to Inter.