A Midget's Worst Nightmare, he'll eat you like Breakfast - The Almighty Pepe thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also Ferndinand from Leeds to ManUtd was 46 Mil Euro.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  2. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    That was the final figure including agent fees, the fee Leeds received was around the same cost or a little bit more than Pepe.

But he was up there when we bought him in any case. Glad we did.

3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm sure everyone remembers his first Classico at the Camp Nou, he totally bossed it at the back. What a champ.

One more year please!

Eddie, madridista_hr, S1na and 3 others repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Worst part was how torres was standing over him making jokes and sarcastic comments at him. Truly a sh*t human being.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you Legend! We'll miss you a lot these coming seasons!

:(

7. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This can't be the way he ends his Real Madrid career :cry:.

I was very indifferent about him for years but he seriously has been our best defender for about 3 seasons now. He deserves better.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not like this. One more year at least!

madridista_hr and Digital repped this.
  9. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    So does this mean we have only Ramos and Nacho left as healthy CB's? Time to call on Castilla.

10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I love this man, pure madridismo :cry: please stay

-Reivax-, madridista_hr, CR7PT and 8 others repped this.
  11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He is still top defender. Giving him 2 seasons more should be no brainer.

Also, drop Nacho for Vallejo. Or even better drop Danilo and move Nacho to cover Carvajal.

12. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2 more years come on Flo.

Strokedoc repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't see why we can't come to an agreement where he gets a year contract with an option for a second year if he meets minimum matches played requirements.

Strokedoc, -Reivax-, Aimar 21 and 3 others repped this.
  14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For real. What are we doing?

15. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Majority of the rumors I've seen have said we've offered him at least a year. Pepe himself says he'd wait and stay so I'm not understanding the issue even if its for one season.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pepe has always been a difficult player to renew with. Let's not forget that he brought up links to Barca in the past. His final big contract of his career will not be any easier than the other ones were.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well this info muddies the waters for me about what the issues are re his renewal, I thought it was a straightforward he wanted two years but we were only offering him one, now I read this it seems to be more about how much money we are offering him per year?, not sure what is true or the real issue now , could be both as I imagine these negotiations are often difficult, anyway it would be great if we could get this worked out to have him stay with us.

19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I figured the unspoken issue was money. If it is, I have no issue with the club letting him go if he is rejecting a fair deal, key word being fair.

You can't make public declarations about wanting to stay and waiting until the last minute while you're tussling about money behind the scenes.

20. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pepe is one of the lowest earners in the team and never made a fuss about contracts despite having Mendes as his agent. I very much doubt it's about money. I think it's about length. Pepe wanting a guaranteed 2 year deal whereas the Club wanting a year plus another based on a bunch of criteria that he has to meet. He probably thinks he can play at the highest level for 2 years before he puts the boots on the shelves whereas the Club want to start planning life without him which is understandable if Pepe wasn't our best CB lol

21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I could very well be about money seeing how it's the last big contract and all. But does it have to be? Dude can easily play in Italy for another 3-4 years if he can stay healthy. At a big club too.

I'm sure there's plenty of other variables which we are not privy too though.

Digital repped this.
  22. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We can buy a new cb with all the talent from outside but I seriously doubt if anyone can bring the pure passion and love for the club which Pepe possess. He is a true fighter and the one who stand up for his team mates.. All the time.

I would love to keep him for 1 more year as a full time player and another year as part time.. His.experience and passion should be used..

Strokedoc, Excape Goat, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He should seriously consider starting a blanket line to secure his financials for when he retires.

24. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any update on his status?

25. Strokedoc

Strokedoc Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Zidane said today that he hopes he'll be with us before the end of the season, and that he doesn't know about his future in term of renewal.

I hope he plays Malaga with Ramos; he has been our best CB for a while now including this season when healthy.
    I saw Florentino talks quite positively about him recently in a video, CBs have the longest shelf lives in football after GKs, I don't really know what the exact issue is ...
    Give the freaking two years; he'll be, still, our best CB next season. Nacho did will as an LB this season in the 8 games he started there!
    Sell Coentrao, add the transfer money to Pepe's salary and give the beast the end he deserves!

sneakking repped this.