A-League 2nd round [r]

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Montréal United, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So, who will go the furthest? Impact or Whitecaps?

Is there any way it could end up being a all-canadian final???

I predict Impact beat Rochester, but lose to Charleston while Vancouver's dream is over against Seattle.

By the way, the league announced its all-star teams for the season.

First team
    D Gabriel Gervais Montreal
    D Mark Watson Charleston
    F Eduardo Sebrango Montreal

Second team
    M Mauro Biello Montreal
    M Steve Kindrel Vancouver

2. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

After listening to tonights crap game from Montreal I predict Vancouver will at least go as far as Montreal in these playoffs.

Vancouver may suprise you. Finally they are playing with a full roster (when they played and lost to Motreal 3-0 near the end of the season they were playing with 7 starters out of the lineup).

3. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hey, I really hope Vancouver does well. It would be great to have a canadian team champ.

As for the Impact, we may have a chance once Rochester actually tries to score a goal and opens up the game a bit.

4. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Perhaps Montreal can pull out a victory in Rochester. I hope so.

I hope Vancouver can pull out a victory tonight, there are going to be at least 50 Whitecaps fans in Seattle on Sunday, who knows maybe more if they have a good result tonight.

Hopefull Vancouver will get a large turnout tonight as it's sunny and warm. However the game is going up against the BC Lions at BC place on Damon Allen bobblehead night at the same time.

5. Tick

Tick Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    So the results are that Vancouver advanced to play Milwaukee for the West finals and Montreal fell to Rochester, who will play Richmond in the East finals.

I'm very surprised that Gervais made the first team, though I didn't see him much this season. He was good for the Rhinos, but not THAT good. He must really have needed the playing time to show what he can do. Glad he got it...

6. iNFiNiTE

iNFiNiTE New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    BC, Canada
    I watched the Vanc. - Montreal game, Half the team was suspended, and the coach (tony fonseca) was in the line-up. :)

Vancouver drew the first game 0-0. The game should be about finished now in milwaukee... just waiting for the update! Hope they in, then they make it to the finals.

7. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Actualy for the Van-Mon match the coach that got into the lineup was Domenic Mobilio. The previous game in El Paso, head coach Tony Fonseca got into the game for a couple of minutes. Whitecaps received two red cards in that game (the crooked referee also gave El Paso 2 penalty kicks in that game one in injury time so they could tie it up, and one in OT so they could win-what a crooked arse he was). So in Vancouver for the next game at Montreal 2 players were serving their suspension and another 5 were injured.

On a totally different not check out my photos of Vancouver Metro League action at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/krammerhead