A Dassler By Any Other Name - Kit Thread Mark XV

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Jan 2, 2014.

1. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess this one is one of those kits ($$$$)

031. Ray Jackson - Arsenal Warrior Invincibles 3.JPG

2. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....and BTW, my new away kit came in just 10 minutes ago, I have already taken photos of it (using my iPod touch 5G) so after I recharge my unit I will post a ton of shots of it both back and front as well as the packaging it came in, both before and after opening it. I also got a $15.00 gift card and will apply both it and my 10.00 GBP card towards the third kit when it gets released.

The away kit looks pretty snazzy to me, not much bullshit on it.

3. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....and now, the moment most of you have been waiting for, the 2018-19 away kit:

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

4. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....and part 2, as I ran into my photo limit:

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

5. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are some pics of my newly-delivered green goalkeeper jersey:

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG IMG_0174.JPG IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey @BIGHMW, go for less pics and more focus. ;)

BIGHMW repped this.
  7. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take note and do less pics when I get my third kit later on after they release it sometime after the World Cup, BTW, speaking of, even though I am not watching it this year as we (the USA) are not in it this time, I pick either Germany (yes even without Bastian Schweinsteiger), to successfully retain it, or Brazil to win it, and this time, if they do meet in the Final, it will not be a lopsided victory for the defending champions, they'll have to EARN IT, Brazil (I believe but that's up to the football gods) have learned their lesson.

8. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not kit related, but has anyone played in the newer adidas predators? I use X 16.1's right now but have been looking at 18.1's . Any user reviews?

9. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a pair of the turfs. I've only had them about two weeks, but so far, I like them. My one criticism is that it's very difficult to pull the insert out and put your own in (yes, I have horribly flat feet).

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I looked at new boots yesterday while shopping. No sign of pure black ones and all had a horrible sock lining

11. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nike Premier or Premier 2.0's. Round studs, old school type boot. No nonsense. $100 USD average

[​IMG]

BIGHMW, AEAAFC96 and thebigman repped this.
  12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That’s nice as fcuk

13. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    They released something similar that was blacked out as well. They are my fave to play in.

14. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely no bullshit from a forgone day and era of no bullshit football, it looks like she gets the job done, period. You don't see THOSE types of boots in footy anymore, this one is for those who play Sunday League, not Premier League. No frills, no hype, just all business for 90 minutes match-in-and-match-out.

15. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    [​IMG]
    This is basically what I rock in my local league. Its no nonsense. Week in and week out studs up tackles to teach the young talented players coming through that life is rough and so if football in Australia.

They used to be a different color but I used sandpaper to get it all off.

BIGHMW and Shen-O repped this.
  16. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as they are still for sale, I will always buy Puma Kings. Have used them for almost 30 years. 08201440_l.jpeg

BIGHMW and And_ROOS repped this.
  17. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I called the bluff on that ebay user trying to scam me out of a Pires jersey. He kept demanding I refund him or he would dispute it and probably win with 99.5% certainty. I told him to return it if he believes its so fake, then I'll refund him. It's been weeks with no reply. Good.

And_ROOS, BIGHMW and maskito repped this.
  18. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it won't be released until just after the World Cup ends, but here is a leaked pic of the third kit we will be wearing this season, and I already have both a $10 USD gift card and a 20 GBP gift card also from Arsenal Direct, for my previous purchases (one for buying the home and black GK kit, and another one for buying the away kit) from them earlier this month, so I intend to use both when I order that third strip. :)

....and yes there will be plenty of photos of it when i take delivery of it, but I'll take @NorthBank advice and keep the pics down to a minimum.

arsenal-18-19-third-kit-2.jpg

19. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Quality > Quantity.

Wouldn't totally hate that third if it was paired with blue shorts. Pretty disappointed overall with Puma just counting down the days til anyone saves us. Adidas. Nike. Umbro. Anyone?

20. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not overly enamoured with any of the new kits this year so I'll probably give them a miss. I bet my kids won't though and will want full kit with stadium jackets and training tops! :eek:

As for boots, you can't beat Adidas Copa Mundials

Copa_Mundial.jpg

Have been through numerous pairs of these :thumbsup:. And at my age you can't get away with fancy coloured boots anyway!

NorthBank and Kanuuuu repped this.
  21. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These were my go-to cleats before I switched to Puma Kings. I can't tell you how many of pairs I ripped through the leather since that shoe is so narrow. I had nearly brand new pairs of Copas that the leather would split right at the sole on the inside of either foot.

The Kings were/are slightly wider, which eliminated this problem for me. At the time, they also used Pittards Kangaroo leather, which imo was the softest and most durable leather available.

When you find one that works, stick with it.

22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those were my very first boots IIRC. Assuming they made them all the way back to the 70's that is!

23. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    When do we get the official announcement on the away and third kits? From the leaks, that third kit might be one I actually buy.

Darth Norteño repped this.
  24. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Weird as I have quite wide feet and the Copa Mundials (and Addidas trainers/boots) in general have always worked for me. I use Adidas World Cups when playing on soft ground.

But as you say, when you find something that's comfortable for you then there's no reason to change.

25. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I have very wide feet so besides the short run adidas had of having a narrow boot and a wide boot, I tend to go for Puma or older nike boots.

I ended up with tons of boots from between 2000 and 2010, and I get a few second looks when I am running around in these boots considering the guys I play with get the latest and greatest.

Current boots (2007 model)
    [​IMG]
    Before that, were these bad boys (2009 model)
    [​IMG]

Before the above, were these [​IMG]

And about 8 years ago I was running around in these;
    [​IMG]

I always hoped I could have made it to a higher level and get a cult following from people who have hated football boots made from 2011 onwards like I do :D