PBP: 8th Fixture: Aston Villa v. Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I didn't get to see this game, was it really that bad again? I'm almost pleased I missed it! Still mid table mediocrity is better than getting relegated I guess.

2. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    It wasnt as bad as Brock makes it out to be. I keep reading on twitter/Reddit that we are back and soon to be champions but we were helped out massively by a very mediocre Villa side (which no one seems to mention). Did we play better than we have before? Yes. Is it where we need to be? Not even close but there were steps taken in the right direction (getting Baba and RLC minutes, a clean sheet, etc).

3. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I feel we were very poor for the exact reason you mention - Villa were bad. Very bad. We were slightly better but mostly helped out by the fact Villa is so poor. We did not look a side that would strike fear into anyone.

Poor possession, poor passing, trampoline trapping, giveaways, etc. The first half could have easily seen a few chances go Villa's way and its an entirely different game.

The clean sheet was a bonus, though. Needed that at home. Let's work our way up..only way to go.

4. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Step in the right direction.

RLC did well however I agree with Jose that he still has a lot to learn with his defensive positioning and awareness. He did well moving forward which I actually was impressed with. So long as he continues to gain minutes he could become a solid starter by the end of the year.

Agree with everyone, Fab looked horrible on and off the ball. Hope jose saw the samething and sits him on Tuesday.

Overall we won, great, but still have a lot of work to do. I'm worried about Hazard though. If he doesnt get to play the way he wants, I can see him put up a stink and go to PSG.

5. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
  6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Its not worth what risk for Remy? Sitting him on the bench?

7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Looks like I didn't miss much but hey... 3 points was what we needed and we got them. Sounds like we still suck though and that doesn't look like its suddenly going to change.

Also, calling out Hazard on his defensive contributions and benching him for it? Huh? Jose would be out of a job right now had Hazard not put the team on his back second half of last season. Willian has a good run of games while we're at our absolute worst and gets praised lmao... oh man.

8. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
  9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jose loves Fabregas.

10. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So at this point, I guess, it is not even a question of Champions League stop but Europa League,

11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    going to respond in the more recent game thread.