8/17 US v T&T US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There'll be at least a few people who will see their picture and start moving their heads toward the computer screen! :D

2. RBourd52

RBourd52 Member

Jul 23, 1999
    Woodbridge, CT
    The Rent's website has an interactive seat view feature.

Go to http://www.rentschlerfield.com/

Click on the "Click here" link under Interactive Seat Finder on the right hand side.

The tix currently on sale are Section 109 (IMO it looks more like the view from the aisle between 109 and 110, but I pick nits.)

Was just going to tailgate, now looks like I'm taking the whole day off and heading to Vaughan's first :)

Edited to mention the link to the Interactive Parking has a nice picture of how we rank-and-file UConn fans have to park on one of two abandoned runways (you thought we were kidding, didn't you?)

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    That's the idea ;)

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Sounds like a fun game

5. MCsoccaplaya16

MCsoccaplaya16 New Member

May 31, 2005
    Alrington, MA
    hey this one is to Kyle soccer, i was just wondering if you know when we will be receiving tickets? This is Ben. If u were wondering how i found you here, it was the little kid, that you know as Babbo.

6. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't know, some people on this board are guessing middle of june. then i will either bring them to your house or mail them to you. stupid BABBO

7. GStuto

GStuto New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    yeah yeah, your both babbos.

US will win. they have the team to do it!!!

8. MCsoccaplaya16

May 31, 2005
    Alrington, MA
    ok i am now officially banning the word Babbo from this website, who is with me?

9. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    actually depending how you pronounce it babbo in thai means small (or young) such as babbo manoi (small dog or puppy). Whilst babo in hindi could be small or little such as in chota babbo (little buddy).

My spelling is horrible in both of these languages - so apologies to Hindi and Thai speakers....

10. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's always one educated mofo to screw up the humor here. Damn college folk! ;)

11. MCsoccaplaya16

May 31, 2005
    Alrington, MA
    ok i didnt even know that babbo meant something, now the catchy phrase that is a musthave in school just isnt fun anymore

12. GStuto

GStuto New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    lol I actually got it from the Italian language.

in which in the north of Italy people call their dad's "Babbo" and in other parts "Babbo" means stupid

pronounced differently depending on what you are trying to say.

13. MCsoccaplaya16

May 31, 2005
    Alrington, MA
    hey seppe, u are making it even less fun i dont want to know about all i want to know it BABBO

14. Hey Waft Man

Hey Waft Man Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Colchester, CT
    Will Vaughan's be open to families, or is it strictly 21+? I'll be attending the match with young 'uns.

- HWM

15. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good question. It's more of a Pub/Tavern instead of a bar. They do serve dinner, etc so I know kids have been allowed in. I'm not sure if they are doing something special for the game that would prevent children. Contact info is at their website http://www.irishpublichouse.com/

16. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    so noon we meet there?

I just mailed my supporter section check and order form today, i cannot wait

17. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noon, indeed. If not earlier. Since I'll be at a hotel, I highly doubt I will be able to follow the other qualifiers that day, so my group may come over to the pub early.

They're open until 1am. Postgame?

18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noon at Vaughan's!

Postgame ... I'm sure those travelling can head there. Most of the rest of us though are heading right back home ... most likely.

Of course, there's a small chance (all depending on how this Wednesday's game goes) that we could pretty much qualify for Germany on August 17th. I might stick around and celebrate if that's the case. ;)

19. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any interest in a pre-game rally? Maybe sing some songs and wave some banners near the Old State House a block away from Vaughn's at some point during the day?

I'm up for post-game celebration of course. Wednesday night is college night in downtown Hartford, so the clubs and bars on the west side of downtown will all be open when the match is over.

Please bring your friends and tell them how this is going to be a great day and will be memorable etc. We need to keep the momentum going from the crowd in Salt Lake City.

20. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Anyone familiar with the area and stadium care to answer a couple of questions for me???

1) Looking at the map, the stadium appears to be just East of the Connecticut River?
    2)I'd like to stay at one of the hotels near the stadium, and just walk to the game. Will I need a taxi to get to the pregame at Vaughns? It appears Vaughns is on the west side of the river. How available to taxi's around there, will I need to call one?
    3) The walk to an from the Holiday Inn Hartford East was determined to be safe?

I'm still on the fence about this one, but after last weekend I'll probably convince myself to come on out.

21. dosacero

dosacero New Member

May 19, 2005
    NYC
    I was up at the Rent for the Liverpool vs. Celtic match last summer and I would not recommend walking from the downtown area (Vaughn's) to the Stadium (it is a bit of a hike). It was kind of funny to see all the Brits trying to figure out how to get to the stadium as kickoff neared, as no one had a rental. I would say taxi, but if it is a nice day out and you have time to kill, by all means, do the walk, but (like a good boy scout) be prepared.

22. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Holiday Inn in East Hartford to the stadium is a safe walk, a little long but not bad. Downtown to the stadium is 2 miles or so. From the Holiday Inn in East Hartford, you could take a bus downtown early in the morning, but after that you'd need to take a taxi because it's not on a main line. http://www.cttransit.com/content/pdfs/h_y_wkdysched.pdf It's the Y4 Hillside and Roberts spur that the hotel is on, so you can see the service is limited. From downtown to the stadium, you can always take a bus or taxi.

The thing that troubles me is that the last bus back to downtown from the stadium leaves at some point between 10:18 and 10:28. Is that enough time or should it be later than that? The stop is a couple hundred yards from the stadium.

The bus schedules are on www.cttransit.com. The fare is $1.25 or $3.25 for an all-day pass.

23. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a chance that they might have later buses since there'll be a game that night?

24. twelfth man

twelfth man New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Connecticut
    How many tickets have been sold? How many more tickets need to be sold for a sellout? We need a strong Northeast presence at this match for the USMNT to want to return to the Boston to NY area.

25. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one won't sell out. I will guess around 16K which will suck. But at least I will be there