8/17 US v T&T US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is right at the end of Pratt Street, where the pre-game is.

2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make sure to ask around the tailgate too! I may have a few extra, I won't know for sure until gameday :)

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hey man. Fred Kfoury is going to stay with us and pick us up at the airport. I think he's going to give us a right back there in the morning, but we should definitely catch up over some brewskies at the hotel or tailgate.

4. RBourd52

RBourd52 Member

Jul 23, 1999
    Woodbridge, CT
    Me too. I'm meeting my party at a commuter lot off the Wilbur Cross Parkway in Hamden at about 3, but if I have extra tix (which I may but am not sure yet), I plan to go up to Vaughn's for lunch and see if any one wants them for face value.

5. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem, Andy. If anything falls through with your ride back to the airport, let me know.

I'm sure we'll bump into each other at the tailgate. Brewskies anywhere sounds good to me.

The last time I saw you was at a post-match get together, at a bar close to Foxboro, after U.S.-T&T during the last WCQ go-'round in '01.

6. sigpiguy69

sigpiguy69 New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I'm looking to pick up 2 tickets in the supporter section for sure. If any people that might have extras would give me a ring once they know for sure, I'll be in Hartford late Weds morning, and I would appreciate it. Just PM for a number exchange. Thanks.

7. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
  8. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    bring as many flags as you can

[​IMG]

9. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    I probably will have one extra ticket for the game, if someone wants it (supporter section and all) let me know

10. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Provided I make it out of Pratt St. (as this comes in the wake of my 21st birthday :D) I will totally be there. So will there be an actual tailgate at the stadium then? (sorry, no I didn't read the whole thread :eek:) Anyone feeling kind enough to PM me the details?

First US match, woo! :)

11. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    I'll be at Vaughan's and I need 2, maybe 3, tickets. If I can't get them there, I'll probably go down to the Civic Center and get them, or get them at the stadium. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who will be at Vaughan's looking for tickets, so if you have extras, you should be able to get rid of them easily.

12. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
  13. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
  14. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also recommend checking out West Hartford Center for some pies as well. Its a nice place to hang out as well and the "E" buses run every 5 minutes from Downtown Hartford to WH Center most of the day.

Top Choices:

Luna's Pizza - 999 Farmington Ave., West Hartford
    *usually ranked top in Central CT in best of surveys*

also

Harry's Pizza - 1003 Farmington Ave., West Hartford

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My ratings are better ;)

16. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    Looks like the Rentschler Field website is down: www.rentschlerfield.com.

Anyone know how long a drive it is from Manhattan normally, and also if I leave around 5pm at rush hour?

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you need about 2.5 hours, I would avoid 95 and take the Hutch to 684, to 84. Then Route 9 to I 91.

You may want to get off at exit 25, take the Route 3 exit and then jump on Route 2. Sounds complicated, but should have less traffic.

18. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    So thats:
    Hutch->684->84->9->91, get off 91 at exit 25, look for Rt 3 exit from there, but jump on Rt.2. Then I assume, follow signs for the Field?

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are on the way.

20. Magoo

Magoo New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    For what its worth....Leaving NYC at 5pm will put you in HFD by 7pm. Traffic through HFD at that time will not be an issue, I would suggest either

(1) Staying on I-84, take exit 58, the exit ramp puts you in the Stadium Parking lot.

(2) Or if the exit is backed up, continue approx 1.5 miles past exit 58, get on I-384 for about 1/8th of a mile take exit 1. Take a right off of exit ramp, stadium will be 1.5 miles on left. (Added bonus to this route is the package store on the left just outside of the stadium fence)

Have a safe trip.

21. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I just spoke with the great people over at the P&W Aircraft Club. Charcoal fires are allowed, and it's $10 to park. Lot will open at 5pm, so you can be sure I'll be there, since I have no desire to go out and get a gas grill just for this event.

Hopefully I'll see a bunch of other US fans there! Exact directions are below:

http://rfc2004.tripod.com/ then click on "Directions to Aircraft Club"

22. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why take route 9 to I-91? You'd be backtracking quite a bit I'd think. If you really want to get on 91 from 84, it would probably be better to take 691, but sometimes 91 isn't that much better than 84. Maybe listen to the traffic reports, 1080 is a local news talk station. 84 goes right past the stadium, but sometimes can be gridlocked.

If it were me personally, I'd just do a straight shot from the Hutch and stay on the Merritt Parkway, and get on 91 in Meriden. But there's really 3 ways to get to Hartford, every day a different one is faster.

23. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

Honestly I would not bother with 9 and 91...

get on 691 just past waterbury, thats what i am doing (i am leaving from waterbury on wed.) and that takes you to 91

24. coolcars

coolcars New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Good news ladies and Gentleman,

Sam's Army has a pretty good amount of rooms with us. (Holiday Inn East Hartford). I have drink coupons, food coupons, and a free shuttle for Sams Army guests of the hotel.

We've arranged for the shuttle to stop here while it makes its way between Rentschler Field and Voughan's. In addition, our Hotel Shuttle will make two trips to drop people off at Voughan's.

I will be here for the check in period when most of you will be coming in. And I will be off work and at Voughan's for the party so feel free to say hello.

There are a couple rooms still available so don't miss out and dont hesitate to call me and make a reservation.

Eddie, Sales Manager
    Holiday Inn Hotel East Hartford, CT
    salesehc@lodgian.com
    860-528-9611

25. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'

Just to Clarify..... Gas Grills are apparently allowed at the Rent, just no charcoal.
    Thanks to Magpie for clarifying