8/17 US v T&T US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
  2. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a great hamburger stand called Augie and Ray's near the Pratt and Whitney plant that would be a good place to pick up some grub before the game.

Flying from California to my homestate for this game!

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're trying to figure out if there would be enough interest in putting together a party in the afternoon, somewhere in downtown, and then heading over to the tailgate, or are people only going to make it in time for the tailgate?

Any help from people would be greatly appreciated! Please just respond here...

4. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would think anybody from points north would be going down just in time for the tailgate. Some may take half day at or others will work full day and head right down. I and a group of 3/4 others will be ready for a tailgate only

5. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    I'm right on the fence as far as that goes, and it really depends if there's interest in doing something before hand. If there's a party going on downtown, I'll arrange for the whole day off. Otherwise, I'll get out at noon. My preference, of course, is that we party.

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As is mine ... :D

7. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not sure of the thread, but there is serious talk of blocking off Pratt street and getting a party at and outside Vaughn's (Irish bar that proudly has all the games on TV) and maybe getting a couple of the other irish bars to contribute.

8. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    Exactly. I think Monty is trying to determine the level of interest in doing just that, before we get a street blocked off for 20 people. :)

9. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's correct.

I've been speaking with Gioca off line, and trying to figure this out. I'd hate to have just a few people show up for this, and cause a bad relationship with the bar, in case we have a match in Hartford in the future.

10. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's day of game, I'm totally in. (it is within walking distance, right?)

11. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    Woohoo! That's three! Close the street! Close the street!

- I don't know about the walking thing, sorry.

12. Joe Gannon

Joe Gannon New Member

Jan 27, 2004
    New Market, Md.
    Not sure this is the right thread for this but the WCX will be at the game as well - - definitely interested, definitely there.

13. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great! Look forward to seeing you and the bus again!

14. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be flying in mid to late afternoon and will be very interested in pre-game festivities. I'll be the guy in red. :D

15. Hey Waft Man

Hey Waft Man Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Colchester, CT
    Count in the Waft Man. I'll be the one surrounded by all the young ladies looking for my can-n-n-dy. But I think it'd be a nice idea to have the pre-tailgate festivities on the CT shoreline.

16. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's over a mile, maybe 2, so I'd recommend a cab or bus. The bus stop is a block away, so I was thinking whoever is not driving can march to the bus stop together(it sounds funny I know, but we'd march right to Hartford's center and it would look really cool), and take a bus together (if there's going to be too many of us, I might call the bus company and see what they can do for us). Hartford doesn't have a subway system so it's the next best thing.

Plus, I know personally I won't want to have the responsibility of driving that day.

17. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the shoreline, but it's a pretty far to drive between the partying and the match, in my opinion. Plus, if we plan activities in the city (Hartford, or any other city we play in for that matter), we can leave our mark, get some media attention, get some new recruits, etc. <Eurosnob moment> Plus, I love seeing those shots of the fans taking over the cities in Europe and want to see the same thing here. </Eurosnob moment>

18. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on, let's see some more interest in this! National team matches, especially WCQ's, aren't all that frequent. And we don't see each other all that often, so this will be a great way to have some fun, socialize, and show ourselves before the match. Take the whole day off, I'm taking the whole week off!

Who else is in? Meeting up in the afternoon on match day!

19. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    Alright, you've convinced me. I'm off the fence and in for the full day of partying. Let's go!

20. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DEFINITELY!!! I figure getting up there around 10am or so, just in time to miss rush hour. Anyone know how soon before the match they'll open up the lots for tailgating?

This is a great stadium for soccer and I hope we can get it bumpin'

Anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

21. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holiday Inn East Hartford.

Right by the stadium.

They have a bar.

$89 for that night (AAA rate)

Score.

22. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That hotel is on the Y4 bus line, if you are planning on using public transportation.

http://www.cttransit.com/content/pdfs/h_y_wkdysched.pdf

But it looks like its only early morning service from downtown to there (until 9:10, and afternoon-evening service coming back. Maybe use a taxi, if you aren't renting a car.

It's maybe a half mile to a mile to the stadium from there. I'm trying to visualize it and I'm not sure, but it's pretty close to Rentschler.

23. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I won't be renting because I won't need the car much. Taxi or bus or airport shuttle or something like that. Kid's birthday is on the 18th so I won't be lingering much in the morning (oh, boy did the wife give me the stink eye when I started discussing this. :D

24. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thinking about renting a bus from boston with a group. anyone know of company/rates that are good buys?