Pre-match: 7a Torino vs Napoli 10/6/2019

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There are no replacements. Allegri would be worse if that is your alternative

2. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Allegri worse !?

3. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
  4. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Fhags

Sacki repped this.
  5. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's the manager's fault that the 3 up front yesterday stink playing together in a 4-3-3?

It's obvious how much better the shape of the attack looks when Llorente or Milik are out there.. Those three up front yesterday couldn't do anything, including to pass, run, or shoot. Llorente gets introduced and they almost instantly get a chance. Milik plays in a 4-3-3 and gets chance after chance, (sure he sucked but the chances were there). Those three looked horrible, and and it's everyone else's fault. What am I missing? When is it on the players? These guys were all in their natural positions yesterday.

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So you agree before they were not in natural positions.

the problem is that just going to a system is not enough. Players need to be trained. You want to play those three small players up, you need better coordination in midfield and you need more triangular movements instead of crosses. You want to just cross the ball in? Agree you need Llorente or Milik.

I only take the player point when its in one or two games and only a few. But when almost everyone in midfield and attack sucks and for weeks creativity is lacking the coach is at fault. Same with lack of intensity through out the year.

7. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Carlos does share resposibility for sure. Not denying that fact.

8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It's too harsh to put it all on the shoulders of the coach, as all coaches experiment when they have faith in their players, it's just that players on other teams don't seem to enjoy failure so much. Carlo knows many of the ones whom he had sent on the pitch should have done much better, based on training sessions at least(which we do not even have the opportunity to watch, just to remind you all), but he has stayed true so far and has not yet criticized the players openly to the media, as some angrier coaches would have done in his situation, and he has shouldered the guilt all by himself. The notion that players are not guilty after a few matches have been played does not seem reasonable to me.

On the other hand, I must yield to the fact that against Torino we were bad and we should have done much better, and it worries me.

Those of you who keep talking about analyses, I don't think you know how they work. An analysis can only get you so far in football, and you surely must have realized that before, though you may have forgotten it. I laugh at the prospect of analysis being applied to such an incessantly and appreciably fluctuating field of expertise. It has its place in football, sure, but anyone who believes they can draw definite conclusions from them, even going so far as saying that the others do not understand football or do not approach the problem properly, must be ignorant of a whole variety of factors and facts.

That's my point of view, and I meet many people who perform analyses and much more difficult, complicated, or complex operations every day, and they have scoffed at the suggestion as well, when I had asked them for their opinion on the matter at hand. There is no reason to play the expert in here, because there probably never has been such a thing as an expert in football, that is, not one who can make satisfactory predictions based on his analysis. There is no analysis that can tell you that Liverpool will take a corner quickly and turn a game around. The coach himself was getting ready to lose the final, but now he is a 'hero', along with his players. Now there will be some who will look for cause and effect, but they should keep quiet or at least express their deductions humbly, as they had been looking for a needle in the haystack.