7 Reasons the Bundesliga is better than the English Premier League

Discussion in 'Germany' started by mntiburon, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    boy, that escalated quickly! :O

I dont really see the point, Alex just rightly pointed out that not everything about the Bundesliga is golden and shiny.

As an active supporter and member of a Bundesliga-club I am glad that the Bundesliga is still somewhat closer to its Fans than maybe the Premier League, but its certainly not like there wasnt anything to complain about... Again this year a load of "minor" clubs have literaly fallen over the edge of pro-football while "clubs" like hoffenheim, wolfsburg and leverkusen are there to stay and leipzig is just coming up... none of the mentioned are any more democratic then a Premier League club. In fact none of them arent even any more democratic than North Korea...

As for Bayer: If Im not mistaken, they used to support just about any sport-event in the entire Rhineland, as well as pro-teams and individual athletes in all kinds of different sports... then, by the end of the 90s they decided to put all that money into pushing Bayer Leverkusen into the top of the Bundesliga, while Bayer Uerdingen and many teams of other sports (for example Bayer Dormagen in handball) were literally left to die... I hardly see anything "good for football" in that...

2. maniak

maniak Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Portugal
    The financial superiority of FCB surely is a negative point.

Lamprey and F96 repped this.
  3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    It actually took three years, ahem ;)

4. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Uuuh, der Hexer! I'm from Dormagen but somehow I never made it to a Handball match though some classmates went.

5. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not so sure about Hoffenheim being here to stay. I have come to believe this is Dietmar Hopp's toy, not SAP's "factory team". Will SAP contine to support this after Hopp dies? He is in his 70's.

6. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Since all EPL teams have all been eliminated from Europe, the Bundesliga will start 2015-16 as the #2 ranked league after La Liga. Congrats! [​IMG]

Persona repped this.