7/30 SBFC vs. WNY

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by WookieMonster, Jul 26, 2011.

1. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Hey, logistical question: does anyone know a good way to get to Yurcak from the train station? I am sans car this weekend. Can I jump on a Rutgers bus even though I'm not a Rutgers student? Any help/suggestions would be great. Thanks.

2. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might be best to give them a call. Contact info at: http://parktran.rutgers.edu/campusbuses.shtml .

3. UnionGray

UnionGray Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Lawrenceville, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is part of the big fail by Sky Blue FO. They should have shuttle from train - duh! They like to be NY/NJ's team, but how can New Yorker's or any other out of towners get there without car?

They've got to understand the future of any pro sports team/league is not just suburban moms and their little girls.

4. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC

Turns out there is a Rutgers shuttle. So if you're like me and live in the city, it's $13 for the train from Penn Station to New Brunswick (only 45 mins--takes me longer to take the subway in the morning) then hop on the shuttle which brings your right across the street from the field.

Anyone want to ride together on Saturday?

5. UnionGray

UnionGray Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Lawrenceville, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to know that shuttle runs during the summer - but it is only once an hour. We all know it's worth crawling on your knees to get down for this match, but it's still a fail by Sky Blue not to have a shuttle that could make sure fans get to the match on time.

6. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thanks for the support WookieMonster! Perhaps if more people were willing to make the trip, the organization would see it cost effective to do it's own shuttles. I do know fans who have taken trains and or buses to matches after hockey games.

Wookie, if you get the chance head to section 5. That's usually where the most active supporters are.

7. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Section 5, will do.

Also, heard back from the Rutgers transportation department, they said that the game organizers would have had to order them in advance, but that there was still the 6pm bus that would get you there by 6:15pm. Seems like if the team returns to RU next season and is serious about it getting fans from NYC--which they should be--they can work this out. Will keep this in mind.

8. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to the game at Halftime, last minute decision to go... So thed attence was about +25 with the others that were walking in... I did give them my tickets...

Really they were more cheers for Morgan than the whole SB team...
    I really doubt any of them truly knew that HAO was the engine on the WWC Team

Sb tried to play through short passes but could not build anything.. Gbarra waited too long to make subs... (I am Hearing Nogeira is not in the coaches best favor)

We were seated behind SB bench
    I really tried to get the crowd cheering but like at every SB game... no one cared enough... I yelled at the coach to at least play for the tie.. I yelled that he should not have pulled his best player off the pitch (this was followed by several YES, this guy is right agreements) I yelled that he could get 3rd place if he coached a little bit....

You don't leave you Key Players on the bench or sub out your best... Once HAO went out, Gbarra basically conceeded the match and never did SB fight to get back in the game

Morgans goal occurred after SB had really given up... were not even marking her

I did not even try to get down to see the players it was so mobbed
    (See Pics 1-3 0 loved the guy with the Tobin Sign in pic 3, the other side said "Tobin, Marry me - I will settle for dinner) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1900178305738.2093300.1280076874

Ended going over to the team resturant where I got to chat with Kendall for a few minutes and Met Brittany Taylor and spoke to HAO for 5 minutes before leaving

Hate their Team resturant, on Saturday nights, they have music blaring and last time we went in, I asked if they could turn it down... the owner cam over and basically said FU to me... He said "this is how I make my money" There were maybe 15 people at the bar and 5-10 in the room with the WAY too loud music that you can hear anywhere in the strip mall parking lot and in the room the put the players... SB had at least 60 - 100 people in the smaller of the 2 rooms and the music was even very loud in there

9. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, Freddy's Sport Bar too quite for us too.

I too think Jim gave up. Post game, he said something to us about needing to rest players as SB will play 5 games in 15 days, and I think he is looking to post season.

10. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YEp, he threw in the towel with 20 minutes left and did not press at all for the last part of the game

He is lucky Boston is in horrible shape or there would be no Post season... Obviously He wants to be on the road in the playoffs because he did not try to go for the tie.

His last road playoff game did not go so well.