5 Mexicans Test Positive for Banned Substance

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by vichuck, Jun 9, 2011.

1. vichuck

vichuck Member

Jul 25, 2008
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. captainTsubasa

captainTsubasa New Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Guatemala City
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  3. captainTsubasa

captainTsubasa New Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Guatemala City
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
  5. vichuck

vichuck Member

Jul 25, 2008
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Not trying to draw conclusions or conjectures here but some of Mexico's NT previously have had issues with testing positive for banned substances.

-Copa América '99, two players iirc (one whose last name was Chavéz I think?).
    -Confederations Cup '05, Ricardo Osorio and someone else.
    -Italy '90 WCQ, wasn't Mexico suspended for a doping violation? I think for some reason that suspension was due to an overage player issue in a youth WC.

Anyhow, discuss.

7. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexico fielded overage players in a youth tournament. They were banned for that, not doping.

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. That then leaves 3 instances--counting this year's GC--in which Mexican players have tested positive for banned substances.

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  10. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    so im hearing that now the truth is coming out that it was actually 12 players that failed drug testing and the 5 with highest levels of banned substance were suspended? anybody can corroborate this?

11. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    It's a bullshit twitter rumor.

12. GUANACO562

GUANACO562 New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would'nt say its a rumor, josep blatter comfirmed it with john sutcliffe in a interview with espndeportes

13. SetoKaiba

SetoKaiba New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Then UCLA is also lying?

14. GUANACO562

GUANACO562 New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    dont know, unless i heard the interview wrong, heard bits and parts on my car radio but that was the primary subject.

15. RJD22

RJD22 Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Of course they are. Don't you know that this is some huge conspiracy involving the FMF, CONCACAF, FIFA, UCLA and WADA? We all would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for ESPN Deportes and their top notch investigative skills... :rolleyes:

16. SetoKaiba

SetoKaiba New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    lol

I haven't seen/heard the interview but in some comments on other sites they say that by 'others' he could have meant, for example, the German athletes that also blamed the beef in Mexico... idk though..

It makes sense for there to be a few dopados.. but 12 (what is rumored to be)?? That's OD.. pretty much half the team.

17. RJD22

RJD22 Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, In my honest opionion. I don't think he meant there are more then 5, I think the guy was just struggling to find the the right words. Here's the interview, you be the judge.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/espndeportesradio/player?id=1321552&context=podcast

18. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm no fan of the Mexican team but if it was 12 players, that does more to support their explanation of tainted meat than anything.

19. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    During Jorge Ramos y su banda show today the guy that is replacing Jorge ramos while he's on vacation said his sources are telling him 12 of the mexicans failed the tests they had Rafa Ramos on from Raza Deportiva who also said 12 of the mexicans failed the tests and it will all come out eventually. The corresponding authorities only claimed five of the players failed due to what it would have done economically to the gold cup tournament as the mexican squad would have been decimated.

Seems like it's getting interesting and more than just some internet rumor.

20. SetoKaiba

SetoKaiba New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/s...as/2011/06/23/fifa-aclaro-palabras-de-blatter

Fifa came out saying Blatter was speaking of other athletes, not Mexican national team players, who also tested positive for clenbuterol...

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes there is some Olympic competition going on in Mexico, so maybe some people down in Guadalajara also ate contaminated meat, I am surprised countries that import Mexican meat have not said anything (maybe they have I do not know)