Pre-match: 3a giornata SSC Napoli vs Sampdoria - Sept 14/2019

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    They finished 7th 2 years in a row yea but it was essentially the same squad that came 2nd place 2 years prior and 3rd 3 years prior. They just played like shit for 2 seasons with multiple coaching changes (If I remember correctly 3 or 4 coaches within the 2 seasons of placing 7th)

That squad was built to challenge for the scudetto (they weren't the favourites but they were top 3 for sure), not come 7th and all Juventus fans knew their team should never have dropped that low in the standings.

Also do you not remember that they tied 15 times in the 2011-2012 season? 15? That's literally almost half the amount of games and they were competing against dog shit, they have a strong Napoli squad coached by Ancelotti and a juggernaut Juventus side with Ronaldo up front to compete with this time.

It's not the same circumstances at all

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It’s pathetic when Inter sell out every game.

But then again the stadium is shit and ADL won’t spend. It’s just annoying because we should always have 50,000 at San Paolo.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How? Capacity was reduced to 54,000 after the renovation.

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. I feel the same. They will finish above us but I still see Juve win it.

This Napoli is weak. We could have easily conceded another 3 today. The team has no balance or composure.

I think our weakness Ancelotti. If I could pick I would take conte and Sarri in that order. They are both better.

I am still very unhappy with how we start games and how little composure we have.

5. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #55 RichardBarker, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Good win but the scoreline could have been 2-2 if Sampdoria was a bit more clinical. Our defense still looked shaky. Dries - what a player! Not only he scored two fantastic goals, he's everywhere and put in a great shift. He's not over the hill yet despite his age.

The new players we signed have great work rate, esp Elmas. De Lorenzo is such an improvement over Hysaj at RB, I don't know why Sarri put up with him for so long. Llorente has a good debut and a nice assist but his age is clearly showing, he barely has any pace.

Overall, I am cautiously optimistic but winning the league will need the stars to align and lots of luck so no, I don't think we are there yet.

UCL game against Liverpool will be a real test on the squad quality.

6. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I will not under-estimate Conte if I were you. This guy seems to coach great performance out of even average players everywhere he goes. Also, Inter finally got rid of that dressing room toxin and signed some good players. They may have a real good chance of turning it around. But we will see.

7. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Inter's advantage is that they have a solid defense line from last season, and we've all heard that defense is the basis of victory. However, that defense has not been tested yet.
    Conte: Sarri On Powerful Side Now

Sarri had commented that it wasn’t easy to play in the heat of mid-afternoon in Florence, which he feels might’ve contributed to the fact Douglas Costa, Miralem Pjanic and Danilo all limped off.

When Conte was holding his Press conference, reporters rather cheekily told the Inter boss about the ‘complaint’ from Sarri.

“I don’t want to say anything, otherwise we’ll have to start comparing balance sheets and financial resources,” smiled Conte.

“Someone ought to calm down, as he’s on the powerful side now.”

The reference was to when Sarri battled Juventus for the Scudetto two years ago as Coach of Napoli, but hit the headlines for protesting that Juve were always scheduled to play after his own team, which he believed was an unfair advantage.

Sarri also repeatedly stated that Napoli could not compete with Juventus in terms of financial capabilities.

Now that he has worked at Chelsea and returned to Serie A on the Bianconeri bench, those ‘excuses’ are no longer applicable.

At the same time, Conte is a former Juventus player and Coach who has faced pressure from Inter fans to renege his Bianconeri past.

8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Couldn't it be that the economy of Napoli is also an issue here? I mean, it's not always guaranteed that the citizens of a given city can always come to a football game, no matter how popular football is in the area...

9. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yes .It'll be a full house.

AND FCK INTER . FCK SENSI. THEY ARE SHIT AS ALWAYS

ZIELINSKIIII <33333

10. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol Antonio Conte... The guy who eliminated by Galatasaray

Retrosword repped this.
  11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Plays a role but tickets are also much cheaper.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Inter are very strong but hope I am wrong.

We look very shaky. Let’s see how we do against Liverpool but we need more composure.

13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    This would require an analysis depicting whether it is easier for people to buy more expensive tickets within the boundaries of a strong economy or cheaper ones on the opposite side of the spectrum.

14. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am not against you but you need to stop about this inter lol.They can’t even beat s prag at home.Their squad is not good compare to others

15. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I won't overreact to Inter's game against Slavia Praha.. I will however say that their wingers/cm's are not of the level of their strikers and cb's. They lack creativity in midfield, if Barella or Sensi get injured I can see them taking a serious dip in form. Milinkovic-Savic would have been a signing that could've made them dark horses for the UCL

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    And reportedly, there has already arisen a conflict between Brozovic and Lukaku.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  17. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Brozovic also had a problem with Icardi... Imagine it was the slavs that were the problem over there the whole time just behind the scenes:ROFLMAO: that'd be the most Inter thing to ever happen

18. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    :D:D True. I think it's actually possible. I'm a Slav and we sort of stay quiet but once sb starts talking obvious bull we just have to either leave or say sth. Brozovic has nowhere to go. :D Although I am not a regular Slav because I've been trying to mold a personality unaffected by heritage, space, or time.