25% Approval

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Soccernova78, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    How much lower can he go?

Wow, this is the lowest I've ever seen his approval rating.

2. trusone redded

trusone redded Red Card

Jul 5, 2007
    It is sad that even 25% of people still approve of him.
    Maybe they will change their mind if one of their kids are murdered because of his immoral, and illeagal actions.

3. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which illegal action?

4. trusone redded

trusone redded Red Card

Jul 5, 2007
    The war in Iraq is illegal.
    What makes it illegal is that the reasons used to get approval were lies. Lying or perjury is illegal and thus the follow act from those lies becomes illegal.
    The taking of our rights by the Patriot Act is illegal.

5. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None of it is illegal. It was all authorized by congress and signed into law by the president; The definition of legal.

Lying is not perjury. Lying under oath is.

But welcom to the P&CE forum. You will fit in well here.

6. trusone redded

trusone redded Red Card

Jul 5, 2007
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but if you go before Congress and present a bill to be voted upon, are you not under Oath? Also what of the Oath he took as President?

7. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The president doesn't present bills. Legislators do.
    It's in article 1 of the constitution.

As for the oath...

Nothing about being wrong about intelligence here.

8. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not every Senate or Congressperson desearves all Top Secert Information. That is why. A few last week chose to attend a de-briefing in the Pentagon. I suppose it has to due with Senior members and potentializers in others approaching long terms with heads of sub-commettees in mind. And to overlook the 9/11 events, well thats just a hardy meal gone to waiste.

Alot of this country needs to distinguish between the Untied Nations Peacekeepers and The USA lead Coalition Forces. One is more forgiving and the other hates to lose land. Blame the White Man here...

9. trusone redded

trusone redded Red Card

Jul 5, 2007
    The Natives of this land would agree with you on your last line. As well as the Black man taken by force from their homes.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy crap. Given the MOE, I guess it's possible that like -3% of Dems approve of Bush.

But in all seriousness...I would not have thought that possible. I remember post-Katrina that Bush was at 2% among blacks, and that stat there expanded by understanding of what is and isn't possible. But 1% among Dems? My mind is officially blown.

11. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    It's nice to know Joe Lieberman answers his own phone calls, though.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really tho...if someone had asked you, what's the floor for Bush among self-identified Dems, what would you have said?

I know I never would have said 1%. Hell, you'd think that many people would just ******** up. In fact, now that I think about, it's really possible that the 1% is people who either mistakenly said "Democrat" instead of "Republican" or "Independent," or people who said "Democrat" but mistakenly said "approve." In all seriousness, my honest belief is that a majority of that 1% are ********ups.

I mean, ********ups besides approving of Bush.

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder, if lying is in itself an illegal activity, does the definition of lying as an illegal activity include the act of becoming a sockpuppet?

Because, if indeed the law states that the 'follow act' from those lies becomes illegal, that would mean that every single post by a sock is in itself also a new act of law breaking.

14. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This sentence is a lie.

-----
    71% of people might disagree with Bush the Younger, but not very strongly. They just sit in their homes and quietly whisper how stupid the president is to each other, and that is enough for them.

15. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always lie.

16. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Actually, the Bible has a great example of this kind of paradox, although I don't think it was meant as such.

Titus 1:12-13 - "Even one of their own prophets has said, 'Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.' This testimony is true."

17. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. I believe that is how I first saw self-contradictory sentences portrayed.