23 for '22

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by VBCity72, Oct 11, 2017.

1. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No better time to start this than now. I say clean house save for Pulisic, Arriola, Yedlin and Wood.

2. Soccer888

Soccer888 Red Card

Mar 28, 2011
    I would keep Bruce Arena, though.

3. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    What the hell:

Gk: Horvath, Steffen, Garces

Def: Yedlin, Brooks, vincent, EPB, CCV, Miazga, Saief

Mid: McKennie, Gonzalez, Adams, Parks, Hyndman, Durkin, Taitague, Pynadath, Taitague

F: Pulisic, Wood, Morris, Sargent

It's a crazy young roster, but screw it. Build up for 2026 so we don't look like jackasses on home soil

4. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    That's a long way away, but I'll try

GK: Hamid, Guzan, Horvath

DF: Brooks, Miazga, Yedlin, Dest, Palmer-Brown, Xuxuh Hilton, Shaq Moore, Acosta

MF: American Lord And Savior, Mckennie, Konrad de la Fuente, Taitague, Gonzalez, Adams, Carleton

FW: Wood, Wright, Sargent, Shaft Brewer, Weah

5. Soccer888

Soccer888 Red Card

Mar 28, 2011
    this was a joke by the way.

TOAzer repped this.
  6. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shoot, I'll take a random stab...

GK Horvath, Gonzalez, Garces

DF Carter-Vickers, Glad, Miazga, Brooks, Palmer-Brown

MF Yedlin, Arriola, Saief, Gooch, Pulisic, Carleton, McKennie, Adams, Gonzalez, Acosta, Roldan

FW Wright, Weah, Sargent, Wood

7. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet you the starting 11 from your list would play faster and with more heart than the AARP group that played TT.

8. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to see Canouse get another run out. He is playing good for DC.

9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Current age in parentheses. This WC is about 5 years away.

GK: Hamid(26), Horvath(22), Garces(17)
    DF: Yedlin(24), Chandler(27), Brooks(24), Miazga (22), EPB(20), CCV(19), Glad(20), Acosta(19), Gloster(17)
    MF: McKennie(18), Bradley(30), Booth(16), Nyeman(13), Pulisic(19), Carleton(17), Pomykal(17), de la Fuente(16)
    FW: Wright(19), Sargent(17), Agudelo(24)

10. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no way in hell that Bradley will be with the team at 35. If he still is, then this is not a federation but someones own play club.

2in10 repped this.
  11. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the WC 2022 which is 5 years away but the team should be mostly set by year 4 are the following.

GK: Horvath, Gonzalez, Steffen
    There is no middle age keeper that is better than these 3, yes, I'm looking at you Guzan. Horvath should be the starter.

DF: Yedlin, Olosude, Brooks, Miazga, EPB, CCV, Acosta, Fossey.
    The RB is loaded with Yedlin keeping his starting spot. Olosunde can play more than one position because of his size of 6'1 and lightning speed. Then you have Fossey that is raw but great physical ability, it helps that is playing and training with a PL team. The CBs are well known and don't need to be introduced, they just need reps.

MF: McKennie, Gonzalez, Pulisic, Adam, Saief, Gaines, Parks, Mihailovic, Taitague
    West is already a regular with Schalke, so is Jonathan Gonzales (JG) at Monterrey, both are strong on the tackle with great ball control. These 2 are very hungry to show what they have and should start with the NT right away. Adam probably had the best engine of all but is not as polished as the other 2. Saief is a strong player that is still under 25 and has played CL games, he is strong on the tackle and can play either LB or LW, he is not afraid to go inside and can score from that position. Gaines is probably the rawest of this group but is the fastest, probably Yedlin speed, when he plays he either sets up or scores, unfortunately, he doesn't get to see the field too much in the 2BLl. Parks has probably the best soccer IQ than anyone, he doesn't possess great speed or defends well but this kid just about never makes a mistake and always seems to be either setting up someone for the score or him doing it himself, at 6'4 he is very tall for a CM. Mihailovic looks to be the backup to Pulisic in my mind, he is quick, great passer and has a nose for goal at 18 y.o.and 5'10, he should be primed in the next 12 months. Keep an eye on this kid. I included an extra winger here because Gaines is very raw and may take more than 12 months to establish himself, the kid that could take his place is Nick Taitague, he is small quick as a cat with excellent ball control, he needs to bulk up without losing speed, Schalke followers think he may make 1st team appearance by the end of this season.

FW: Wright, Sargent, Wood, Morris
    USA when they play 2 up front the will use the big and small combo of forwards, Wright can be that guy at 6'4, he is deceptively fast in open field and very cool when executing, he needs more reps and also to grow into his frame, this preseason with Schalke 1st team he scored 3 goals in 15 minutes because of the service. I expect him to continue to get better, Sargent is a smaller version of Wright but younger, he has the complete package of a 9, he possesses an arsenal of moves, specially inside, he is great linking up and playing with his back to goal. Wood is your fast and strong player, we need that to change our attacking force. Morris is a player that would probably lose his spot for someone that is more hungry.

12. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel that Guzan will be the #1 probably through the 19 Copa. I do think that other keepers will get some chances but Brad will be the defacto #1 for a little while.

13. eainterplay

eainterplay Member

May 11, 2008
    Alabama
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging from our talent pool I think we need to go 352 next cycle. So here are my 23

GK: Hamid, Horvath, Gonzalez
    DEF: Brooks, Miazaga, EPB, CCV, Glad
    MID: Yedlin, Olosunde, K. Acosta, Hyndman, McKennie, Pulisic, Sonora, Durkin, Saief, D. Acosta
    FWD: Wood, Sargent, Rubin, Wright, Weah

Starting 11:

Horvath
    EPB-Miazaga-Brooks
    Yedlin-Hyndman-Pulisic-McKennie- Saief
    Sargent-Wood

14. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's my completely uneducated, random guess:

GK:
    Ethan Horvath
    , Bill Hamid, Zack Steffen

Others in contention:
    Jesse Gonzalez, Sean Johnson

DEF:
    DeAndre Yedlin
    , Matt Miazga, John Brooks, Danny Acosta, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Erik Palmer-Brown, Desevio Payne

Others in contention:
    Brandon Vincent, Shaq Moore, Walker Zimmerman, Justen Glad, Tommy Redding, Marlon Fossey, Tim Parker, Matt Hedges, Marco Farfan, probably a bunch of younger guys who aren't currently in any US youth teams

MID:
    Weston McKennie
    , Emerson Hyndman, Paul Arriola, Christian Pulisic, Kenny Saief, Darlington Nagbe, Tyler Adams, Kellyn Acosta, Andrew Carleton

Others in contention:
    Jonathan Gonzalez, Sebastian Lletget, Julian Green, Danny Williams, Wil Trapp, Juan Pablo Torres, Nick Taitague, McKenzie Gaines, Gedion Zelalem, Brooks Lennon, Derrick Jones, Lynden Gooch, Kekuta Manneh, Chris Goslin

FOR:
    Bobby Wood
    , Haji Wright, Jozy Altidore, Josh Sargent

Others in contention:
    Jordan Morris, Tim Weah, Juan Agudelo, Christian Ramirez

Here's my starting XI:

--------------------Wood--------------------
    Saief-------------Pulisic------------Arriola
    -----------McKennie----Hyndman-------
    D.Acosta----Brooks----Miazga---Yedlin
    ------------------Horvath----------------------

15. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuure it was...;)

16. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joshua Sargent, Bobby Wood, Jordan Morris, Andrija Novakovich, Haji Wright, Andrew Carleton, Kelyn Rowe, Sebastian Lletget, Paul Arriola, Cristian Roldan, Jonathan Gonzalez, Weston McKennie, Erik Palmer-Brown, Tyler Adams, DeAndre Yedlin, Nick Lima, John Brooks, Matt Miazga, Justen Glad, Walker Zimmerman, Ethan Horvath, Bill Hamid, Jesse Gonzalez

433 base formation