2019 US Open Cup Final

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Bradley Smith, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Bradley Smith

Bradley Smith Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Edit: The tweet I referenced appears to have been taken down. It was the official US Soccer Referee account. I'll update the below when the assignments are made public again.

Referee: Allen Chapman
    AR1: Brian Poeschel
    AR2: Nick Uranga
    4th Official: Ramy Touchan
    Reserve AR: Brian Dunn

2. frankieboylampard

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wasn’t this the same trio who worked the LAFC v. Galaxy match.

3. gaolin

gaolin Member+

Apr 21, 2019
    That it was.

frankieboylampard repped this.
  4. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Probably because it listed Brian Dunn as VAR not Reserve AR. :rolleyes:

Bradley Smith repped this.
  5. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite the usual protestations of the Atlanta United fans (they might not be the whiniest fan base in American sports when it comes to griping about officiating, but it doesn't take long to call the roll), the second caution for Gonzalez Pirez was an easy decision. Not a particularly hard foul, but definitely an intentional foul and one that stopped a promising attack. Nice to see Chapman actually show a red card instead of going the way of "we have to finish 11 v 11 no matter what in a cup final".

The Atlanta United fans should have directed their ire at Gonzalez Pirez for being an idiot.

SccrDon repped this.
  6. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have a very solid case that Alonso should have been off already, and a decent case that Opara should have been sent in the first half for DOGSO. The call is obvious in a vacuum, but I think they have reasons to feel hard done by overall

7. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Opara call is the one I'm thinking of, that was a caution. It wasn't DOGSO, but it was definitely a deliberate/intentional foul. The Alonso case is more defensible.

I'll admit that I'm probably biased because I just think Atlanta fans are off the reservation when it comes to officiating. They have seen a lot of success early, and they are quickly gaining a reputation of entitlement and being spoiled. Strong franchise, but the arrogance of their fans is certainly off-putting.

8. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's because I interact with them a good bit, but I haven't seen too much from ATL fans that's worse than anything from other teams. Got a few blocked for being particularly terrible, but they're still somewhat less obnoxious than Orlando.

The absolute worst at this moment is LA Galaxy IMO. By a ********in mile.