2019 U20 Worldcup

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Majin, Feb 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  2. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    The Telemundo dudes are right. These guys passing around the ball on defense when there’s no one pressing and they’re down is unbelievable. Just stupid physically limited young players. What else is new. Macias is special though.

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Outside of Macías, this team is garbage

Macías should have stayed with Leon where he actually has a chance to win something and should have been called to the Gold Cup squad instead as Raul’s backup

4. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    This coach is a wack ass version of Osorio. His team plays exactly like Osorio’s but doesn’t have the players to hide his shiiity system.

5. hermosillo

hermosillo Member

Mexico
    Mar 28, 2017
    Hermosillo
    Pablito Barrera 2.0

6. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That result was flattering to be honest

fateswarning189 repped this.
  7. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Mexico spent the entire time just passing it around the back since Italy scored...lol

And then Ramirez waits until the 85th minute to make a 2nd sub.

8. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vintage Mexico in the last few minutes. Waste a couple of minutes not getting past your own half, then pass it to no one.

9. angelsfan

angelsfan Member+

Jun 4, 2008
    So Cal
    Lainez was wasted on the wings today. Should’ve slotted him under Macias instead of getting DP’d out in the wings all game

Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  10. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was about to Y Lainez apa this thread.

11. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Aside from Lainez and Macias. Does anyone else get some sort of playing time in the 1st division?

Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  12. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    protein-poor diet :D

But seriously, it's always like that in every category. We look like a bunch of enanos desnutridos.

Robertinho21 and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  13. angelsfan

angelsfan Member+

Jun 4, 2008
    So Cal
    Dude was getting stuffed all game.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    WTF are you talking about? This team plays like the 4-4-2 that is all an example from the Chepo era, when they said that it would be the system for all the youth teams because that's how Spain did, not by having better players but by every team playing the same.

15. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Italy are legit one of the favs to win it, wasn't that bad of a showing imo.

16. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Don’t know that anyone here has any insider info though. I can only speculate it’s a mix of programs needing to do better, players not caring enough about their unsupervised diet, and teams not being able to just purge players for this. There are chunky kids in the U20 league and in Ascenso which is unbelievable.

18. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    It's certainly an assumption, but the proof is in the eyeball test. Many of these players don't seem like they're living their profession 24/7 like modern professional athletes in Europe and here in the US do.

19. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Osorio’s teams are slow in transition, slow build up play and over values possession. They also like to boot the ball from the back to bypass the midfield a lot of the times. It’s almost the same exact thing by this Osorio fraud.

20. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I keep thinking back to the Mexico Turkey game from Toulon last year. Those Turks were the fittest youth team I’ve ever seen and we won purely on skill. Luckily the differences dissipate a bit by the senior level but we could be that much better.

Robertinho21, Regulus Tera and Sanchito repped this.
  21. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    LOL. Like I said WTF are you talking about? This team plays a static 4-4-2 Neither Osorio nor Piojo have anything to do with this. This is all from the Chepo era when the Mexican teams decided to play thru all age categories. Diego is the son of Chucho. Plus if anything Osorio (nor Piojo for that matter) where as static as this team was, which is all from the Chepo era when they would play the same game after game and Chepo said "Mexico had to play like Mexico" which meant rigid as fvck.

22. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Whoever this coach’s name from the U20, it’s almost a carbon copy what Osorio was doing with Mexico. The difference is that Osorio had players that at times can win games by themselves despite the shitty system.

Im merely commenting the playing style. Not the intricacies of why they are playing a static formation. I could t care less if it all stems from Chepo or any of the countless stupid coaches Mexico has had.

It isn’t that deep lol

23. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Another reason I didn't want Lainez at this cup is that this team overall isn't good, as if evidence that they didn't win a single prep game wasn't enough...

but now hes getting massive criticism and being called inflado. But I wouldn't expect fans to remember the 2015 team which didn't get out of group with Lozano and Guti :rolleyes:

24. angelsfan

angelsfan Member+

Jun 4, 2008
    So Cal
    That 4-4-2 gave me major chepo vibes all over again :mad:

25. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yep it isn't that deep. You're a total dolt who has not clue what he's talking about so you try do dismiss thing that "aren't as complicated" to excuse that fact. This had nothing to do with Osorio, who didn't have a static 4-4-2 and who tinkered all the time, who constantly tried to pressure the opposition and who because of that constantly got caught going upfield on turnovers and which he got constantly criticized rightly so because of it. But then again like I said before with many of the criticism against him and other coaches, it's not him being criticized but how stupid the criticisms are in of themselves with you have shown to be the prime example of them. That last paragraph is beyond pathetic.

Ever since Bradenton, Ramirez has had Lainez static in the wings, which isolates him constantly. If teams like Grenada were able to do so, Italy was going to be even better at doing so. He should switch to the middle or get some help but like I said, Ramirez is too static and relies too much on individual talent and it will be even worse when they only came to camp this week.

It is from Chepo and it never left the youth teams.

LaMascara repped this.